Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can someone with autism become an elementary school teacher?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can someone with autism become an elementary school teacher?

I have autism.......I have largely overcome the social obstacles, however I am still not as assertive as other people, and I have sensory issues....would It be possible for me to become an elementary school teacher, considering the angry parents and rambunctious children?

Re: Can someone with autism become an elementary school teacher?

woah rambunctious i am not even going to google that. but, why don't you shadow an elementary teacher? To see what it's like, and whether you would enjoy it. I wish I had done work experience before I jumped into things which I later regretted. If you're too busy, maybe shadow a few hours every two weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by bismillaah View Post
      woah rambunctious i am not even going to google that. but, why don't you shadow an elementary teacher? To see what it's like, and whether you would enjoy it. I wish I had done work experience before I jumped into things which I later regretted. If you're too busy, maybe shadow a few hours every two weeks.
      you sent me a reputation comment saying I can pm you, but I'm pretty sure that's against the rules because youre a sister and I'm a brother.....and rambunctious means very noisy and trouble-making

Comment

If its not too bad like rainman you will be fine
        I had this one friend who was autistic and she was always like ooh i cant tell anyone bc they will judge me etcetc but nobody noticed anything strange about her, like if you didn't know you wouldnt think anything was going on with the girl, so if its little amounts you can be a teacher why not,my cousin also has it, and another cousin too but hes got other bigger issues then that cus hes mentally and physically disabled
        يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

Originally posted by Striving for Janna View Post
          you sent me a reputation comment saying I can pm you, but I'm pretty sure that's against the rules because youre a sister and I'm a brother.....and rambunctious means very noisy and trouble-making
          why did you have to expose me like that? I will definitely not help you out anymore. bye

Comment

We can't answer that since we don't know how severe your autism is.

Comment

I have autism.......I have largely overcome the social obstacles, however I am still not as assertive as other people, and I have sensory issues....would It be possible for me to become an elementary school teacher, considering the angry parents and rambunctious children?
              if i was you i'd stay far away from children; it could be the same instincts that made you want to befriend a five year old girl and have crushes on a 9 year old that is pulling you towards wanting to work with little children too

Comment

yes it is
                http://treasureofthescholars.wordpress.com/
                Perfect Handmade Cookies for your Dhikr Sessison
                http://s9.postimg.org/46cs0lqz3/bvita_jpg.jpg
                for all your sufism needs
                http://s2.postimg.org/tl4ep7qzp/image.jpg

Comment

Do you have high-functioning autism?

Are you overly sensitive to light, sounds, etc?

How did you overcome the social obstacles
                  ?

Comment

we can't judge that over the internet........

Comment

Stay away from children, you said in another post that you had a crush on a 9 year old girl and you told this to the girl. In the west it is illegal for someone who is almost an adult like yourself to show romantic attention to someone under the age of 17-18. And because your autism seems to make you occasionally disregard social mores(no offense), it is better you stay away from children. And not only that, some of what you have said, it is unbecoming of a Muslim man to approach a woman in such a way.
                      Last edited by Abd al-Rahman; 29-06-16, 06:34 PM.
                      وَمَا قَدَرُوا اللَّهَ حَقَّ قَدْرِهِ وَالْأَرْضُ جَمِيعًا قَبْضَتُهُ يَوْمَ الْقِيَامَةِ وَالسَّمَاوَاتُ مَطْوِيَّاتٌ بِيَمِينِهِ ۚ سُبْحَانَهُ وَتَعَالَىٰ عَمَّا يُشْرِكُونَ
                      They have not appraised Allah with true appraisal, while the earth entirely will be [within] His grip on the Day of Resurrection, and the heavens will be folded in His right hand. Exalted is He and high above what they associate with Him. (Az-Zumar: 67)

Comment

Working...
                      X