About spying and backbiting

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About spying and backbiting

Assalamualaikum brothers and sisters. So I want to clarify the ruling on spying and backbiting.

Backbiting: If I am telling other people about someone else in order to make them aware of something is it haraam? Like a precaution. You know there are certain people who are deceptive, seductive etc. For example, if there is a seductive muslim girl and she strikes up a seeming harmless conversation with a friend of mine, (and she had previously seduced/deceived another guy in the same way), and if I warn him about her character, will it be considered to be backbiting?

Spying: If I am gathering information to make a better decision and not disclosing it to other people, will it be haraam?Take this hypothetical situation for example. I am 25 (not really) and my parents have chosen a girl who seems to be religious, like ya know wears hijab and stuff. Is it okay for me to do the following things-
    1. Check her Facebook or other accounts to see the kind of things she posts to get an idea of her character
    2. Ask people who know her about her
    3. See how she treats those lower than her to reveal her real character
    4. Use strategies to see through any facade that she may be putting on. Like letting her overreach by appearing to be weak etc
    5.Befriend or get into her friend circle to see whether she has any guy "friends"
    6. This might seem a bit extreme--Telling someone else to hack into her social media accounts to see whether she is in a hidden relationship with another guy.
    7. Use my knowledge about human psychology and psychoanalysis to discover her real character.
    8. See whether she has certain virues like patience, humility, loyalty, being reasonable, femininity, etc alongside of having remembrance of Allah.

I know it is weird but the girls in the place where I live often wear facade of piety. Some are extemely deceptive. Sometimes they wear it to gain approval of the elders and do not fear Allah. They would sometimes do haraam things when no one is looking and such. So is spying in this case haram? If so then can I use no. 7 to avoid making a wrong decision?

It might be weird that both cases are about girls but you know I, being a guy, can easily understand another guy. Females are a foreign land so the precautions are more if you know what i mean.

Thanks in advance for your assistance. Allah bless you all!
    Last edited by Strength MM; 23-06-16, 08:33 PM.

Re: About spying and backbiting

Wa Alaykumussalam
    I don't want to answer because I am unsure of the answer, and don't want to speak without knowledge, because it will just be guessing.
    I'm sure someone here knows the answer, so BUMP.
    And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record”
    [al-An’aam 6:59]

Comment

Anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by Strength MM View Post
        Assalamualaikum brothers and sisters. So I want to clarify the ruling on spying and backbiting.

Backbiting: If I am telling other people about someone else in order to make them aware of something is it haraam? Like a precaution. You know there are certain people who are deceptive, seductive etc. For example, if there is a seductive muslim girl and she strikes up a seeming harmless conversation with a friend of mine, (and she had previously seduced/deceived another guy in the same way), and if I warn him about her character, will it be considered to be backbiting?

Spying: If I am gathering information to make a better decision and not disclosing it to other people, will it be haraam?Take this hypothetical situation for example. I am 25 (not really) and my parents have chosen a girl who seems to be religious, like ya know wears hijab and stuff. Is it okay for me to do the following things-
        1. Check her Facebook or other accounts to see the kind of things she posts to get an idea of her character
        2. Ask people who know her about her
        3. See how she treats those lower than her to reveal her real character
        4. Use strategies to see through any facade that she may be putting on. Like letting her overreach by appearing to be weak etc
        5.Befriend or get into her friend circle to see whether she has any guy "friends"
        6. This might seem a bit extreme--Telling someone else to hack into her social media accounts to see whether she is in a hidden relationship with another guy.
        7. Use my knowledge about human psychology and psychoanalysis to discover her real character.
        8. See whether she has certain virues like patience, humility, loyalty, being reasonable, femininity, etc alongside of having remembrance of Allah.

I know it is weird but the girls in the place where I live often wear facade of piety. Some are extemely deceptive. Sometimes they wear it to gain approval of the elders and do not fear Allah. They would sometimes do haraam things when no one is looking and such. So is spying in this case haram? If so then can I use no. 7 to avoid making a wrong decision?

It might be weird that both cases are about girls but you know I, being a guy, can easily understand another guy. Females are a foreign land so the precautions are more if you know what i mean.

Thanks in advance for your assistance. Allah bless you all!
        20 years of jail time ain't worth that.

Comment

Originally posted by Atwork. View Post
          20 years of jail time ain't worth that.
          Hahahahahaha. Nice. But what if I manage to get away with it and no human knows😆... Thats how good spies should be like right? Haha. Anyway, all legal things aside, is that allowed in islam?

Comment

Originally posted by Strength MM View Post
            Hahahahahaha. Nice. But what if I manage to get away with it and no human knows��... Thats how good spies should be like right? Haha. Anyway, all legal things aside, is that allowed in islam?
            i know that the hacking part isn't. you're exposing people secrets and stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Atwork. View Post
              i know that the hacking part isn't. you're exposing people secrets and stuff.
              Well the secret can potentially harm me a lot ya know......like if she is secretly having a relationship with another guy......Does that make any difference? I don't know.

Comment

Working...
              X