Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Life Skills - Suggestions

Assalaam Alaikum

I'm Alhamdulilah moving into a new period of my life and as such I think it'd be a good idea to develop a new skill sets so please give me some suggestions, tell me what the skill is and what its for. Jazak'Allah Khair

Re: New Life Skills - Suggestions

It depends on what you're interested in and what you're good at. I'd suggest things like learning a new language, particularly Arabic if you don't know it already, or learn DIY or car maintenance as not enough people seem to know about such things. If you prefer to work with your hands then craftsmanship like carpentry or that sort of thing. Learn to cook if you haven't done that already. Or you could spend time on voluntary work. It's not so much a skill but at least it's like you're giving back to the community.
    The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

Think of the things you were good at in school and go from there
      يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

what do you mean by skill set?
        like things that you should pursue etc?
        well what are you interested in.. what are you good at... and what is beneficial
        Volunteering... charity events... taking up a sport.. an islamic class
        The list is literally endless
        A skill set you should choose not according necessarily to what others do.. but what you want to do
        Think about how you and others can benefit.. what you can practically do.. and what intrigues you..
        Go from there.. Insha Allah you will find stuff
        R.e volunteering, google is helpful. I found tonnes of stuff on there.
        And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record”
        [al-An’aam 6:59]

Comment

Swimming, shooting and driving.
          If you're in a muslim country, the second one ought to be easier to do, otherwise I think you could substitute it temporarily with getting a black belt in a martial art until you can find a way to fulfill it, though having both is great I reckon. Karate or kung fu are better choices than the other martial arts.

4th skill: Memorization - good for everything.
          Say what somebody can do instead of the haram if you want to help.

Comment

Learning arabic is a good suggestion it'd be really practical insh'Allah and there is a course starting at a local masjid soon insh'Allah and voluntary work would also be pretty beneficial - Jazak'Allah for the ideas

ideally I want to develop skills a husband should have as insh'Allah i'll be heading down that route soon

Comment

Originally posted by Asim93 View Post
              Assalaam Alaikum

I'm Alhamdulilah moving into a new period of my life and as such I think it'd be a good idea to develop a new skill sets so please give me some suggestions, tell me what the skill is and what its for. Jazak'Allah Khair
              Swimming..horse riding...swords fighting and arrow shooting...or gun shooting..
              ".......He giveth and spendeth (of His bounty) as He pleaseth. But the revelation that cometh to thee from Allah increaseth in most of them (kuffar) their obstinate rebellion and blasphemy.Amongst them we have placed enmity and hatred till the Day of Judgment. Every time they kindle the fire of war, Allah doth extinguish it;but they (ever) strive to do mischief on earth. And Allah loveth not those who do mischief."(5:64)

Comment

Learning arabic is a good suggestion it'd be really practical insh'Allah and there is a course starting at a local masjid soon insh'Allah and voluntary work would also be pretty beneficial - Jazak'Allah for the ideas

ideally I want to develop skills a husband should have as insh'Allah i'll be heading down that route soon
                Ohhkkyyy...you mean dish washing, cooking, dusting...mopping...ya sure these are good skills to learn.
                ".......He giveth and spendeth (of His bounty) as He pleaseth. But the revelation that cometh to thee from Allah increaseth in most of them (kuffar) their obstinate rebellion and blasphemy.Amongst them we have placed enmity and hatred till the Day of Judgment. Every time they kindle the fire of war, Allah doth extinguish it;but they (ever) strive to do mischief on earth. And Allah loveth not those who do mischief."(5:64)

Comment

Originally posted by snow_flakes View Post
                  Ohhkkyyy...you mean dish washing, cooking, dusting...mopping...ya sure these are good skills to learn.
                  Already know how to wash and mop, I can cook some stuff and I think dusting would be pretty easy lol

Comment

Already know how to wash and mop, I can cook some stuff and I think dusting would be pretty easy lol
                    You can help changing nappies...there are always chores in homes you can come in handy to your wife..men run away from these household chores and here you are asking for more skills.

Comment

Originally posted by snow_flakes View Post
                      You can help changing nappies...there are always chores in homes you can come in handy to your wife..men run away from these household chores and here you are asking for more skills.
                      Well I want to be a good husband so... yeah lol

Comment

New Life Skills - Suggestions

Learn Quran if you haven't yet done so - Tajweed so you are able to teach your children in Sha Allah

Learn how to drive if you haven't got your license

If you're short tempered change that about yourself

If you lack patience, remember Sabrun Jameel and practise in sha Allah

Be good and don't expect everything in return

Not really skills but hope it helps

و عليكم السلام و رحمة الله
                        إقراء القران فإنه يأتي يوم القيامة شفيعا لأصحابه

Comment

Originally posted by iRepIslam View Post
                          Learn Quran if you haven't yet done so - Tajweed so you are able to teach your children in Sha Allah

Learn how to drive if you haven't got your license

If you're short tempered change that about yourself

If you lack patience, remember Sabrun Jameel and practise in sha Allah

Be good and don't expect everything in return

Not really skills but hope it helps

و عليكم السلام و رحمة الله
                          Insh'Allah! :D
                          doing a tajweed course atm insh'Allah would like to teach others especially my kids, mum and wife insh'Allah
                          Patience wise I think i'm getting better, like if I get mistreated i've Alhamdulilah started say No to retailiating and let it go insh'Allah this keeps improving
                          Alhamdulilah I try to be good and I don't put expectations on others, don't want to put them in a position where they might let me down which might lead to any ill feelings and such

Comment

Working...
                          X