Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are these good college degrees?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Re: Are these good college degrees?

    Originally posted by Striving for Janna View Post
    right now I'm thinking either environmental engineering, biochemistry, biology, or chemistry....something science or engineering related....
    Whatever you choose to do make sure it is:

    a) Something you have interest in as it'll motivate you for those 3 to 4 years.
    b) Something that is a solid subject with good job prospects. No point wasting years of your life and money on a weak subject with poor job opportunities afterwards.

    Comment


    • #17
      Re: Are these good college degrees?

      Originally posted by Striving for Janna View Post
      well, I really want to do Biology, but I know it's a useless degree......my brother in law got a job after 6 months of unemployment after getting his biology bachelor's (although, granted he was getting married during that time) and he only makes 30,000 dollars a year....
      I also like environmental science, and would love to advocate for environmentalism....but I'm not THAT fascinated by it...I also love economics, history, sociology, philosophy, and political science.....
      Shame you're not fascinated about environmental science that's a fantastic subject so are the others but this one has great potential anywhere you go, it makes a great difference too. The demands are only getting higher for people with this degree and job opportunities are endless.

      I'll rep you something.
      'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

      So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

      Comment


      • #18
        Re: Are these good college degrees?

        Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post
        Shame you're not fascinated about environmental science that's a fantastic subject so are the others but this one has great potential anywhere you go, it makes a great difference too. The demands are only getting higher for people with this degree and job opportunities are endless.

        I'll rep you something.
        Never do environmental sciences.

        Because it's a lie. If you study that field you might come to realise that it's just about lying about the environment in order to get some support.

        Do medicine, maths, engineering, economics (watch out from riba) or computer sciences. (And law, if you love reading their law.) These fields have worked throughout history. They're nicely paid as well.
        Sisters don't rep or joke with me.

        Comment


        • #19
          Re: Are these good college degrees?

          Originally posted by Abu-Yahya View Post
          Never do environmental sciences.

          Because it's a lie. If you study that field you might come to realise that it's just about lying about the environment in order to get some support.

          Do medicine, maths, engineering, economics (watch out from riba) or computer sciences. (And law, if you love reading their law.) These fields have worked throughout history. They're nicely paid as well.

          I disagree. I think you are probably talking about global warming and making out the whole subject to be a lie.

          If you're working for the petrochemical industry it's a great sector to work for and the need for other resources is in demand. You need to know what environmental science entails. Most of it is chemistry.
          Sustainability is important and knowing earth sciences and geography are all quite important.

          Taking care of the environment is important for muslims and we are lagging behind in this because of our ignorance. We take the matter of looking after our nature (our surroundings) very lightly.
          'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

          So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

          Comment


          • #20
            Re: Are these good college degrees?

            Originally posted by Striving for Janna View Post
            well, I really want to do Biology, but I know it's a useless degree......my brother in law got a job after 6 months of unemployment after getting his biology bachelor's (although, granted he was getting married during that time) and he only makes 30,000 dollars a year....
            I also like environmental science, and would love to advocate for environmentalism....but I'm not THAT fascinated by it...I also love economics, history, sociology, philosophy, and political science.....
            Bro then study biology. You dont NEED a job. You dont have to work under someone else in an already established organization. Make your own. Be creative about it. Innovate. Discover HOW you really want to serve the people. Then find out a way to earn money from it. Do what you love and give service to others in the way you love it. Earn money from serving them. Security is an illusion so if you are thinking of getting a degree that will give you a secure job, rethink and get that idea out of your head. Dont expect to have blueprints given to you. Make your own. Experiment with life. Dont get attached to securuty. You are a man. You dont even need a degree to set up a business. Study marketing and sales. Do the halal things. Serve the people, earn money at the same time. Throughout have the Taqwa of Allah. There you have it.

            Comment

            Working...
            X