X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I'm a failure at learning Arabic!! T-T

Originally posted by Linkdeutscher View Post
    :rotfl: softy what you do man
    Bandon say dil naa lagao sirf Allah say lagao.

Comment

Originally posted by Deeni Akh View Post
      Why u hating bruh
      :rofl1:
      You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

You follow your scholar's qiyās, and I will follow the Qur'ān and Sunnah.

Comment

It's an awesome funy way of learning arabic words and building conversational skills when you get bored of studying books.

Don't rely on the cartoons though, build your foundation through the books then supplement it with cartoons/shows.
        Which Arabic do they speak in cartoons?
        You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

You follow your scholar's qiyās, and I will follow the Qur'ān and Sunnah.

Comment

Originally posted by AbulUthman View Post
          :rofl1:
          I can't believe people are hating on tarzan

Comment

Which Arabic do they speak in cartoons?
            The fusha standard arabic.

Comment

I can't believe people are hating on tarzan
              I'd rather watch richard scarry in arabic
              يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

Salaam all

There are some good courses out there especially online

Bayyinah
                Iqtoronto - madeenah book series as somebody has mentioned. Go onto kalamullah.com - Arabic resources

And also another course taught by Shaykh Akram Nadwi. I have completed the first year, it was very beneficial t cover the basics. Shaykh taught his own primer text mabadi an Nahw and sarf. You also cover two other texts and another main book in term four. Go onto cambridgeislamiccollege.org for more info

And also
                Al-Salam institute online and onsite

For speaking we must speak it to improve and develop,otherwise mushkil shadeed
                Hope that helps

Comment

Originally posted by Bint Radical View Post
                  :salams:

My dad has been pushing me to learn Arabic for forever. He is not very good at it though so he can't teach me well. He's taught me a few things though. I'm mostly self taught at this point. On a level of 1-10, 1 being completely illiterate and 10 being an avid speaker, I'd say I'm a 3.

Through the last maybe 4 or 5 years, I've been studying on and off, but even the times where I was diligent and trying very hard and still I can't speak a lick of Arabic. I know most of the grammar rules and I can understand somewhat, but I can't speak. I think a large part may be because I am terrible in memory and my memorization of Qur'an is also not good.

I have tried many different books and even some online "classes" and I still fail. Let me put this out there that I was homeschooled for high school and I had troubles with focus and the whole "teach yourself" aspect. One of my local masjid's have an Arabic class but it's terrible. Their methods really suck and I don't know anyone there who can actually speak Arabic except the teacher, even though it's been a few years with the teacher (maybe not same students though).

My sister has Rosetta Stone. I did the first lesson and I liked it, but again, remembering the vocabulary is very hard for me. Rosetta Stone's lessons are very brief. I know all that they teach which seems to be grammar mostly, but I haven't moved on from lesson one because I still don't have the vocabulary. Has anyone here done Rosetta Stone?

It seems the only way that really works is going to an Arab country and being around Arabic.

I know Arabic is important but I lose motivation a lot as well. It has just been a very stressful journey for me trying to learn Arabic and unfortunately, there are no shortcuts. I am just very stressed and unmotivated especially after failing so much.
                  Try Byki. It's a program where you can effectively increase your vocabulary, simple method and all, give it a try.
                  But also, I think you should do some exercises to strengthen your memory.

As for finding a strategy and a system, I've got a lot to say about that but I think I should make a separate post for it.
                  Say what somebody can do instead of the haram if you want to help.

Comment

Working...
                  X