Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I feel really bad cos I sort of snapped

:salams

So I was talking to someone... The whole topic was essentially living in a non-Muslim country, paying taxes etc. etc. and granted we should not have been discussing such matters in the first place! But it happened and anyway, the guy was basically kind of justifying living here and everything else and he used the whole "obey the rules of the country you live in" nonsense without giving any solid Islamic proof that it is okay to remain among the non-Muslims.
    Anyway all I was trying to say was that if a person is of the means to move then he should. Just because you have to obey the rules of your country, that doesn't make it okay and that if a country in which you live forces you to compromise on your religion, then it is binding on you to seek a way out (at the very least if you are able to).
    But he was justifying the whole obey the rules thing without proof and this got on my nerves so I snapped a bit... Was I wrong? It just annoyed me that's all.
    But we're cool though and it wasn't like an argument or anything but I couldn't keep my cool, and I is feeling quite bad about it :(

Re: I feel really bad cos I sort of snapped

:wswrwb:

As long as he is alright with it and you apologised for snapping at him it's alright
    'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

Re: I feel really bad cos I sort of snapped

Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post
      :wswrwb:

As long as he is alright with it and you apologised for snapping at him it's alright
      Yeah but I need to break out of this habit
      I was doing so well as well :(

Comment

Working...
      X