Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you wear glasses?

:salams

I was just wondering how many of uze wear glasses. Alot of you seem to be avid readers whether it's deeni or whatever. I would read much more about deen but I think it affects my eyesight when I read on the phone. I don't wanna go blind and carrying around books is just long
    I wear glasses
    63.04%
    I don't wear glasses
    36.96%
    [SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman][B][U][CENTER]Oh Allah, in your name, I die and live.[/CENTER][/U][/B][/FONT][/SIZE]
    [CENTER]:):lailah::lailah::lailah::lailah::)[/CENTER]

[B][CENTER]Ya Allah, Grant Me A Heart That Sees[/CENTER][/B]

Re: Do you wear glasses?

Originally posted by zantz View Post

I was just wondering how many of uze wear glasses. Alot of you seem to be avid readers whether it's deeni or whatever. I would read much more about deen but I think it affects my eyesight when I read on the phone. I don't wanna go blind and carrying around books is just long
    :wswrwb:

Yes.
    Last edited by Theistic; 20-06-16, 09:43 AM.

Comment

Waalaikumussalam,
      No

Youtube channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYk...dE4pHzSid7Lr0w

**** Smiling won't cost you now is it ****

Zawjati ,“Uhibbuki mithla mâ antê” “Uhibbuki kaifamâ kunteee”“Wa mahmâ kâna mahma sâra”

Comment

Yess I do!
        “Mu'min” is more that just a title. It is to have Imaan established in the heart and testified to by the limbs.

Comment

Wa aleiykum salaam i dont like reading at all but my eyesight is splendid Alhamdulillah
          يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

Only for driving or if I want to look intelligent lol. Maybe there should be a sometimes option?
            Ya Rab! When you give me wealth, do not take away my happiness. When you give me strength, do not take away my intelligence. When you give me victory, do not take away my humility. When you give me humility, do not take away my dignity.

Comment

Glasses from a young age. I wear contacts at the weekend or socially.

Comment

I think I ought to when using the laptop they make me look hideous....
                وَالْعَصْرِ

إِنَّ الْإِنسَانَ لَفِي خُسْرٍ

إِلَّا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالْحَقِّ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالصَّبْرِ

"If Allah (swt) only sent this Surah to us, for the guidance of Mankind, this will be enough for us” - Imam Shaafi'ee r.a.

"Yeh dunya daar e faani hain, Tum apna dil mat lagaon, Ganimat samaj zinadagee ki bahar, aana na hoga, yahaa baar baar......"

Khanqah Habibiyah

Comment

I used to, but then I recently got Laser Eye surgery, so alhamdulillah not any more.

Comment

Originally posted by Jenicca View Post
                    I think I ought to when using the laptop they make me look hideous....
                    Dodgy builders always blaming the tools.

Comment

I don't wear glasses. I have no one in my entire family, that includes my parents, siblings, aunts, uncles, cousins, grandparents, etcetera who wear glasses :masha: Carrots is the key.
                      “And We have already created man and know what his soul whispers to him, and We are closer to him than (his) jugular vein.” (Quran 50:16)

Comment

Wa Alaykumussalam
                        Yeah I do and have done so for many years, literally everyone in my fam does
                        The thing is when you start wearing them at a young age. you only need them slightly, but then eyes become lazy/dependent and gradually worsen
                        I tried out a contact lens trial recently.. good but crazy hard to put in (at the beginning anyway) I dont mind wearing glasses, what mind more is that my eyesight isn't good and the glasses marks lol
                        And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record”
                        [al-An’aam 6:59]

Comment

Nah but sometimes I think they look kinda cool - I find it really cute when like the person wearing them keeps pushing them up like a nerd
                          ...And he who fears Allah - He will make for him a way out. [65:3]
                          "Put your trust in Allah, certainly, Allah loves those who put their trust (in Him)."
                          :love: [Al-Imran 3:159] :love:

Comment

Sunglasses?
                            You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

You follow your scholar's qiyās, and I will follow the Qur'ān and Sunnah.

Comment

Yep
                              They say good things come to those who wait, so imma be at least an hour late

Comment

Working...
                              X