Do you wear glasses?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Do you wear glasses?

I actually had my laser eye consultation yesterday and put in deposit for surgery end of December. I have looked in to the procedure few years ago but got scared after seeing demo. But I have regained my courage, so going for it

My regular eye doctor recommended I get them done sooner than later as I am already 30. He said in our 40's we need reading glass, so even if I get laser done I will still need reading glass & will not be glass free. So I am better of doing it now so I get a decade of glass free years. Our eyes just like every other body part does age with time. Even if you get laser done, it is not going to prevent eye from aging. With age comes worst vision, this is why most people do need glasses 10-15 years after surgery. But the new glass has lot less prescription & 10-15 year is worth it

Comment

​I am due for my 2 yearly eye Test soon.

Comment

Yeah I wear glasses occasionally everything is fuzzy without it
        I been trying to do eye exercises that I seen on youtube i feel like it changed a bit of my vision but i havent been consistent with it.
        I want to get new color eye glasses I'm tired of black maybe it will help disguise me >_>
        I don't recommend laser eye surgery or any surgery unless it's necessary you can wear contacts if you don't like glasses.

YOU ARE PERMANENTLY CHANGING YOUR EYES WITH SURGERY IF YOU GO THROUGH IT AND THERE MIGHT BE COMPLICATIONS AND ALSO YOU MIGHT NEED GLASSES LATER ON SO WHATS THE POINT!!!!!!!

The REAL REASON I'm replying to this thread is because why is [MENTION=119080]zantz[/MENTION] banned D: like what happened when I was gone?!!!!!!!!'
        I know he wanted to quit oneday but I didn't expect him to be banned wth......!!!!!!!!!
        “Do not commit injustice, because injustice is darkness on the Day of Judgment." (Sahih Muslim)
        They will say, "Had we but listened or used our intelligence, we would not be among the companions of the Blazing Fire." Qur'an 67:10 💚💙💜

Comment

Originally posted by Qiyamah View Post
          Yeah I wear glasses occasionally everything is fuzzy without it
          I been trying to do eye exercises that I seen on youtube i feel like it changed a bit of my vision but i havent been consistent with it.
          I want to get new color eye glasses I'm tired of black maybe it will help disguise me >_>
          I don't recommend laser eye surgery or any surgery unless it's necessary you can wear contacts if you don't like glasses.

YOU ARE PERMANENTLY CHANGING YOUR EYES WITH SURGERY IF YOU GO THROUGH IT AND THERE MIGHT BE COMPLICATIONS AND ALSO YOU MIGHT NEED GLASSES LATER ON SO WHATS THE POINT!!!!!!!

The REAL REASON I'm replying to this thread is because why is @zantz banned D: like what happened when I was gone?!!!!!!!!'
          I know he wanted to quit oneday but I didn't expect him to be banned wth......!!!!!!!!!
          Thank you for pointing out the Laser eye surgery issue.
          I have been telling people that but I was surprised how many people are not told, or rather ill-advised about the possibility of wearing glasses later on.

I never knew this until late that this is the very reason that staff at Specsavers UK are not allowed to recommend it. Obviously one can counter argue that it serves the longevity of their business but it more the legal measures.

I do not know anything about your friend unfortunately but InshAllah he/she will boomerang back soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Layla_ View Post
            I had mine a few years ago but after my second daughter was born my eyesight deteriorated. Not badly but I defo need reading glasses. Apparently having a child can cause the eyes to go weak
            That is medically true

Comment

Originally posted by aelmo View Post
              What's the theory?

Salaam
              Sorry for not replying but my notification bar never show your question and I only saw it by utter fluke scrolling up here on the page.

My theory is that yes certain people will look totally different with glasses. For one, I believe that if someone is noticed by their eyes and bone structure around the eye by others first - they can possibly look different. Meaning that if you are a person that people generally notice your eyes or bone structure around your eye first, then should you wear glasses - you can look very different. The frame of the glasses will adjust the perception of the viewer totally.

Another reason certain people can look very different with glasses - is because - depending on the frame width, it can give a misconceived illusion on the actual size of the cheek bones.

The anti reflective part of the glass can distort your eye colour. I have first hand experience in this. I can remember when this first happened trying on my very first pair of glasses, it took 3 Optoms so come around and find a rational explanation.

I'd have to explain this one briefly. When I was little I had Blue eyes (Which is rare in Asian gene pool). It lasted for about 2 years and then changed brown. (This though is not so uncommon) When it changed brown, it left a thick receding Blue ring around the Brown Iris. Its very noticeable without glasses but BEHOLD !!! with anti reflective lenses - you cant see the blue at all !!!!
              So the explanation they gave me was the Brown Iris reflects light on the inside of anti reflective lens and the lens itself reflects back onto the Iris and this light bouncing back totally eliminates the blue when viewed by a third person looking at me. So the person looking at me wearing the glasses now only sees brown eyes.

So yes glasses can make people look very different. Better or worse.

Comment

[MENTION=135406]Qiyamah[/MENTION] basically long story Im zantz and all is forgiven now eventho the ban was 4 wrong the reasons... This forums too hard to quit seniore
                It all starts with a thought

Comment

Originally posted by Red Apples View Post

I have been telling people that but I was surprised how many people are not told, or rather ill-advised about the possibility of wearing glasses later on. I never knew this until late that this is the very reason that staff at Specsavers UK are not allowed to recommend it. Obviously one can counter argue that it serves the longevity of their business but it more the legal measures.

I do not know anything about your friend unfortunately but InshAllah he/she will boomerang back soon.
                  Any kind of surgery that is not healthwise needed shouldn't be taken lightly and avoided :( I been suffering even though I had a minor surgery ugh the anathesia and other side effects it takes a while to heal.....I sometimes think my surgery wasn't worth it but I have another six months to fully see the results and nope not surgery with my eyes.

WELLLLL YOU WAS RIGHT WOW HE'S BEEN UNDER MY NOSE ALL THIS TIME WP I will rep you for it

Originally posted by Jumpski View Post
                  [MENTION=135406]Qiyamah[/MENTION] basically long story Im zantz and all is forgiven now eventho the ban was 4 wrong the reasons... This forums too hard to quit seniore
                  ohhhhhh wowwwwwww you sound so different I wouldn't have suspected it's you because you sound like a 12 year now >_>
                  But I guess it's you zantz since you always been nice to me.
                  Jumpski will take time to get used to :L but I'm glad you're still here
                  “Do not commit injustice, because injustice is darkness on the Day of Judgment." (Sahih Muslim)
                  They will say, "Had we but listened or used our intelligence, we would not be among the companions of the Blazing Fire." Qur'an 67:10 💚💙💜

Comment

[MENTION=135406]Qiyamah[/MENTION] lol ik not really into this username either
                    It all starts with a thought

Comment

Working...
                    X