X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Not returning Salams

Originally posted by Rumaysah~ View Post
    It's probably because you didn't look muslim

I don't return salams to people who don't look like muslims. I might say hi or i might just walk past. It's important to look like a muslim otherwise you can't blame people.
    started doing this after a few times i ran into idiots who would give salams only to mock it afterwards right in front of me so i decided not to take chances.
    What does a Muslim look like? There are 1.8 billion of us and we don't all look the same. Some reverts are still "closeted" meaning they fear their family, family, and community will disown them and they'll be alone. When they reach out for salams and you ignore them because of how they look, they don't feel very welcomed. I read a story that said 7/10 reverts leave Islam within the first five years. I find this sad. This year marks me being Muslim for five years. When my "anniversary" hit, I remember thinking back to that story and thinking, "Alhumdulillah, I made it. I wasn't a statistic."

Some people might say it thinking they are funny, but when you ignore a Muslim it's very hurtful. It's hurtful when you wear full niqab, make eyecontact, say salam alaykum, and she just walks right by.

Here are some links, I just googled and here's what came up.
    Imam Luqman Ahmad
    Islam21c
    لَمْ يَلِدْ وَلَمْ يُولَدْ
    سورة الإخلاص

Comment

Originally posted by Yasirah87 View Post
      No, I am saying more brothers recognize me than sisters do.
      Oohh subhanAllah thats not right :(
      يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

Originally posted by aynina View Post
        Oohh subhanAllah thats not right :(
        It's already been explained...sisters brains work slower

Proly daydreaming about hubby (the real one or imaginary...proly imaginary).

Comment

Originally posted by zi-zizou View Post
          It's already been explained...sisters brains work slower

Proly daydreaming about hubby (the real one or imaginary...proly imaginary).
          Loool idk i think its instinct, we automatically see another woman as a threat or something, competition maybe :rotfl: i always give salam when i see a hijabi but some just give u an angry look or yurn their heads :(
          يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

Originally posted by aynina View Post
            Loool idk i think its instinct, we automatically see another woman as a threat or something, competition maybe :rotfl: i always give salam when i see a hijabi but some just give u an angry look or yurn their heads :(
            This is good, spill the beans sisters we brothers need to understand how sisters think. I mean obviously I don't but others do.

Comment

Originally posted by zi-zizou View Post
              This is good, spill the beans sisters we brothers need to understand how sisters think. I mean obviously I don't but others do.
              Lool i think thats the reason we fight so much more then men do

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

Originally posted by Yasirah87 View Post
                What does a Muslim look like? There are 1.8 billion of us and we don't all look the same. Some reverts are still "closeted" meaning they fear their family, family, and community will disown them and they'll be alone. When they reach out for salams and you ignore them because of how they look, they don't feel very welcomed. I read a story that said 7/10 reverts leave Islam within the first five years. I find this sad. This year marks me being Muslim for five years. When my "anniversary" hit, I remember thinking back to that story and thinking, "Alhumdulillah, I made it. I wasn't a statistic."

Some people might say it thinking they are funny, but when you ignore a Muslim it's very hurtful. It's hurtful when you wear full niqab, make eyecontact, say salam alaykum, and she just walks right by.

Here are some links, I just googled and here's what came up.
                Imam Luqman Ahmad
                Islam21c
                by looking muslim i mean having something on you which shows you are muslim. A hijab or beard or whatever.
                I can't know who is hiding their islam or not, if i know a revert is hiding her islam then obviously i would return the salams properly, otherwise i will return some other greeting.
                I don't think muslims born into islam even feel welcomed among each other, people still don't return greetings sometimes and treat us coldly.

yes i know how it feels when you are dressed as a muslim, give salams and they just ignore you. Now it doesn't bother me, neither does the tension i feel in certain masjids.
                I think some people have strange ideas about niqabis tbh, they seem a bit intimidated maybe that's why they don't return it.
                شَكَوْتُ إلَى وَكِيعٍ سُوءَ حِفْظِي
                فَأرْشَدَنِي إلَى تَرْكِ المعَاصي
                وَأخْبَرَنِي بأَنَّ العِلْمَ نُورٌ
                ونورُ الله لا يهدى لعاصي

Comment

This is new to me. We use to respond to whoever gave us Salam in college and just carried on like normal.
                  They say good things come to those who wait, so imma be at least an hour late

Comment

Not returning Salams

Alhamdulilah I'm glad I go to a uni where everyone salams everyone..

:)
                    إقراء القران فإنه يأتي يوم القيامة شفيعا لأصحابه

Comment

If I know the person is shia I dont return Salams it kind of bothers me when Kufar tell me Salam but i say "Walaykum" like the Sunnah.

Comment

As the Muslim girl behind the counter in the shop I go to every week, i don't want something to spark, so no I never pass Salaams to her.

That's my excuse, I buy my stuff and haven't really spoken to her in all the years Ive known her.
                        8 powerful habits to succeed

1. Wake up early!
                        2. Do it as soon as possible, you could die tonight so make the best of today
                        3. Remember your life is unique, don't compare yourself to others. Use that jealousy as an energy to make your life a success"
                        4. Have healthy habits. Set a time each day to exercise. Try with the mindset you're only going to do some jumping jacks for 5 seconds and the next thing you know, you're doing a workout!
                        5. Read, read, read. Ponder over the Qur'an, learn more. Put the idiot box (TV) away
                        6. Take note. Desires make slaves out of kings and patience makes kings out of slaves.
                        7. Results aren't just worldly. Results are also about perseverance, retaining dignity, being honest, being honourable, doing good unto others.
                        8. Always encourage others especially our brothers and sisters, let them know making mistakes is okay, we all make mistakes, do not ever undermine them and make them feel incompetent. This is also true for the dunya, so what if they don't get the maths sum right the first time, that is what LEARNING is.

NEW UPDATE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJubtizAEfU

Watch this when you're distressed!

Comment

Working...
                        X