Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hobbies for sisters

Originally posted by The Poet View Post
    Marriage is no way a hobby, it's more like a punishment or prison if you ask me.
    Marriage Is a sunnah and a blessing and there is much barakah in marriage
    82. Verily, when He intends a thing, His Command is, "be", and it is! 83. So glory to Him in Whose hands is the dominion of all things: and to Him will you be all brought back. Quran surah 36: Ya-sin

Comment

mashaAllaah sis_Asiya

well most of these hobbies cost money. Learning the deen would definitely be a good hobby.

F_R, i have a police woman on my corridor, and she has a large collection of plants on our corridor. Every time I try to leave, I have to look at these boring plants and pretend to be interested. lol

Comment

1) Reading-If it was up to me I'd make my house into a library :rotfl:
        2) Gardening-Its relaxing
        3) Cooking, Baking & Cake decorating- Sell them if they're good too :up:
        4) Swimming
        5) Running-Get a treadmill if you cant run outside
        6) Gaming-I have an Xbox but only play once in a while tbh. Too much effort to set up
        7) Henna/mehndi
        8) Write poetry
        9) Archery- Builds those arms muscles tho
        10) Fencing- don't underestimate how tiring it is
        11) Horse riding- Always wanted to do it but haven't had a chance yet.
        12) MMA-I'm going to start soon
        13) Sewing/knitting/crochet/cross stitching- time consuming but rewarding
        14) Crosswords/Sudoku/brain teasers
        15) Learn a new language

Hope this helps OP :D
        Ya Rab! When you give me wealth, do not take away my happiness. When you give me strength, do not take away my intelligence. When you give me victory, do not take away my humility. When you give me humility, do not take away my dignity.

Comment

Originally posted by iRepIslam View Post
          [MENTION=72222]F_R[/MENTION] why FR ??
          Why get married or why get a flower pot ?

Originally posted by The Poet View Post
          Marriage is no way a hobby, it's more like a punishment or prison if you ask me.
          Not if he's a chef ;)

Marriage isn't a hobby tho. I obviously was not serious. And it's not a punishment unless it becomes one or a prison. Marriage is freedom and relaxation in many ways.

(too much winking on this thread lol)

Originally posted by bismillaah View Post
          mashaAllaah sis_Asiya

well most of these hobbies cost money. Learning the deen would definitely be a good hobby.

F_R, i have a police woman on my corridor, and she has a large collection of plants on our corridor. Every time I try to leave, I have to look at these boring plants and pretend to be interested. lol
          Lol they are interesting. If you get yourself a flower pot she's gonna really be fond of you and you can have girly flower pot talking times. Tadaa

لا تفكر كثيرا
          بل استغفر كثيرا

-------------------------------------------------------
          The children need your prayers more than anyone else
          -------------------------------------------------------
          www.inheritorsofquran.wordpress.com

Comment

qed has come up with some good suggestions. I think if there's a skill you wanted to learn then don't put it off, join a class even if it's an evening class. If you don't know how to drive then take driving lessons, if you do know how to drive, take a course in car maintenance (some of those courses are for women only). Classes could be for learning a new language or a new craft or hobby like gardening or sewing and it gives you a chance to meet new people and get out of the house for a while away from your usual routine.

My hobbies before becoming ill were fairly simple like cooking, sewing and me and my dad regularly went out for evening walks, in fact I think it's one of the reasons why I didn't have any weight issues even though I didn't exercise apart from that. If you have more of a group of friends then you can do these things together or just hang out at a friends house. I have a friend who lives near the town centre so I used to go there after shopping trips sometimes. Also think about what you find relaxing and enjoyable. For one person it could be gardening or fishing and another person could think that's incredibly boring.
            The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

I would like to learn about car maintenance beyond basics it's a life skill in shaa Allah

May Allah grant you shifaa sis neelu ameen
              82. Verily, when He intends a thing, His Command is, "be", and it is! 83. So glory to Him in Whose hands is the dominion of all things: and to Him will you be all brought back. Quran surah 36: Ya-sin

Comment

Originally posted by Sis_Asiya View Post
                I would like to learn about car maintenance beyond basics it's a life skill in shaa Allah

May Allah grant you shifaa sis neelu ameen
                I have a whole book on car maintenance, wish I could pass it to you. But it's a hard copy made locally, so it's not online I think.

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...43#post6919443

Comment

I dont really know if what I like is classed as hobbies lol. I went to the gym once...upon a time. I'm not an outdoorsy person in the sense of hiking and actiony kinda sports lol. I do like stuff like tennis rounders badminton n swimming nt done the latter foe a while bt the rest I do with fam n frends sumtimes. ummm what else... islamic and academic knowledge. lol im learning to drive if that counts. after work not even much time to do real hobbies hmmm oh work experuence n helping ppl I do a couple of stuff like tht thats interesting. I like baking n helping cooking. I like spending time with my family and friends talking n relaxing n going places n stuff. hahaaa idk if this stuff counts as hobbies lool or im jus sayng random stuff I like doing. Also travelling n trying out new foods..haha I'll stopp
                  And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record”
                  [al-An’aam 6:59]

Comment

Cooking
                    Cleaning
                    Knitting (I hope I spelled that right)
                    Etc

Comment

wow baking was mentioned so many times i hate that with a passion. I tried making cupcakes once, it took me a whole day to make them. because of measuring all the ingredients, washing up after ur done. So much effort uh

Basketball is really simple, easy and a lot of fun. I don't have a hoop but u can get those hoops and stick it to the back of ur door. Trust me u will love it u liked gym well this is better than gym. I loved it until my brother took the basketball away and if i could i would play every day. You don't need a team because 1vs1 is more fun so u can play with ur sibling or a friend...

If u try gaming its fun but doing it more than once a week is a waste of time and u might be spending ur time doing better things like exercising via basketball
                      Narrated by Anas ibn Malik RA: Allah's Messenger :saw: said. "When a woman observes the five times of prayer, fasts during Ramadan, preserves her chastity and obeys her husband, she may enter by any of the gates of Paradise she wishes."

Comment

Originally posted by SpreadTheHaqq View Post
                        wow baking was mentioned so many times i hate that with a passion. I tried making cupcakes once, it took me a whole day to make them. because of measuring all the ingredients, washing up after ur done. So much effort uh
                        Omg, sister sameee! I take a whooole day to bake I thought there was something wrong with me haha. Doesn't even come out right lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Pink123 View Post
                          Omg, sister sameee! I take a whooole day to bake I thought there was something wrong with me haha. Doesn't even come out right lol.
                          LooL same i tried making red velvet cupcakes they came out brown and tasted like a whole load of sugar went in it...I will never try to bake again it's not worth the struggle
                          Narrated by Anas ibn Malik RA: Allah's Messenger :saw: said. "When a woman observes the five times of prayer, fasts during Ramadan, preserves her chastity and obeys her husband, she may enter by any of the gates of Paradise she wishes."

Comment

Originally posted by bismillaah View Post
                            I don't really have any hobbies. I like to walk after maghrib. But it's not very safe

stopped going to the gym, this was a huge hobby

I don't really know what to do with my free time

What do you do sisters?
                            Why did you stop going to gym? I like walking by the river. Anytime anyone says "lets go somewhere" my suggestion is RIVERWALK. I too haven't been to gym regular, which was a daily activity for me few years ago. But that's because my old gym closed down and I have not found any other gym I am comfortable in. Been searching for 3 years and tried 4 different gym, liked none

Other hobbies - I love party planning especially decoration for the party. When I quit my job and have free time, I hope to join those event planning group for fun. Our masjid hires event help for the banquet they own. I love transforming a room & doing all those little party gift and game prize

Comment

Working...
                            X