Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stuck in admin role for evaa - how to move on

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Stuck in admin role for evaa - how to move on

    Not being ungrateful or anything alhamdulilah but how can i move away from this admin position. I mean the workplace is all nice, chilled out, blady blah but like there's literally no progression here at all. No promotions or anything. I have a sense of loyalty as well to the place coz i feel i am needed here and have probably blended in with how things work etc but it is boring. I'm not studying anymore either so my time would be really chilled out. Getting more contracted hours is also proving testy/difficult.

    I wanna get into a higher position but how can i do that? Like what should i be applying for/looking out for, what roles etc? I know the deputy manager we hired sucks at her position but i am unsure if i can fill it in, plus you have to be a nurse i think.

    I am also thinking of seriously doing midwifery if it is still nhs funded etc.

    Help a brudda out please

    لا تفكر كثيرا
    بل استغفر كثيرا

    -------------------------------------------------------
    The children need your prayers more than anyone else
    -------------------------------------------------------
    www.inheritorsofquran.wordpress.com

  • #2
    Stuck in admin role for evaa - how to move on

    :wswrwb:

    This is the last year of Nhs finded courses so I think the only way you can get in is through clearing this year so hurry and apply if you are. However, I dont even think its halal Im not exactly sure but I heard nurses have to have their arms exposed as part of the uniform and this is a must. There is no compromise. So just double check that just incase.

    If I were you either getting married or apprenticeships are the way to go.
    And there are so many apprenticeships out there you might find interest in.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Stuck in admin role for evaa - how to move on

      Originally posted by Linalool View Post
      :wswrwb:

      This is the last year of Nhs finded courses so I think the only way you can get in is through clearing this year so hurry and apply if you are. However, I dont even think its halal Im not exactly sure but I heard nurses have to have their arms exposed as part of the uniform and this is a must. There is no compromise. So just double check that just incase.

      If I were you either getting married or apprenticeships are the way to go.
      And there are so many apprenticeships out there you might find interest in.
      apprenticeships dont apply to me for various reasons and marriage aint here so im just making do with what i can

      im doing my research. is it really the last year for nhs funded courses? how so?

      just going to look at my options but im afraid im gonna be bored at work after ramadhaan coz i will have nothing to keep me occupied

      لا تفكر كثيرا
      بل استغفر كثيرا

      -------------------------------------------------------
      The children need your prayers more than anyone else
      -------------------------------------------------------
      www.inheritorsofquran.wordpress.com

      Comment


      • #4
        Stuck in admin role for evaa - how to move on

        Originally posted by F_R View Post
        apprenticeships dont apply to me for various reasons and marriage aint here so im just making do with what i can

        im doing my research. is it really the last year for nhs funded courses? how so?

        just going to look at my options but im afraid im gonna be bored at work after ramadhaan coz i will have nothing to keep me occupied
        Government cuts to the nhs and that you know how it is. Honestly appships are all i can think of for you unless you start studying an alimah or arabic course or sthn but that usually costs

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Stuck in admin role for evaa - how to move on

          Originally posted by Linalool View Post
          Government cuts to the nhs and that you know how it is. Honestly appships are all i can think of for you unless you start studying an alimah or arabic course or sthn but that usually costs
          seflish tories

          im already doing something like that but i want my hands in something else as well. looked at the midwifery course - another 3 years of studying sounds so long but hmm...

          لا تفكر كثيرا
          بل استغفر كثيرا

          -------------------------------------------------------
          The children need your prayers more than anyone else
          -------------------------------------------------------
          www.inheritorsofquran.wordpress.com

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Stuck in admin role for evaa - how to move on

            Originally posted by F_R View Post
            seflish tories

            im already doing something like that but i want my hands in something else as well. looked at the midwifery course - another 3 years of studying sounds so long but hmm...
            Things that are worth doing usually come with some challenges so I would not let that put you off.

            You need to take your time and consider the options you have and then make an informed decision.

            It's also possible that others may be in a position to offer something. Let those that matter know that your role is not fulfilling enough and perhaps they could suggest something that will give you a clearer career plan.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Stuck in admin role for evaa - how to move on

              Originally posted by zi-zizou View Post
              Things that are worth doing usually come with some challenges so I would not let that put you off.

              You need to take your time and consider the options you have and then make an informed decision.

              It's also possible that others may be in a position to offer something. Let those that matter know that your role is not fulfilling enough and perhaps they could suggest something that will give you a clearer career plan.
              sound advice

              i will think about it. it is something ive been wanting to do for a while but never got to it...gonna seriously consider it in shaa Allah

              لا تفكر كثيرا
              بل استغفر كثيرا

              -------------------------------------------------------
              The children need your prayers more than anyone else
              -------------------------------------------------------
              www.inheritorsofquran.wordpress.com

              Comment

              Working...
              X