Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a day!

Salams,

I just wanted to share few things happened today. Maybe some of you could share as well, so we can exchange opinions and ideas.

Maybe it's not a great idea, but I'm pretty exhausted and just feel the need to share it with someone, so;

I went for an off road drive with my husband. Suddenly, in the middle of woods, like 7 km from nearest civilization, we just hear; SSS sss SSS sss SSS sss SSS sss SSS sss SSS sss.

Front tire blowout. The tire burst and...well he tried to take off the tire to replace it. And then, there is this special anti-theft bolt on the tire. He removed all the bolts except for that one. When he tried to remove that one, the special key for this special bolt broke. And then the problem started...

We went for a 7 km walk to the nearest house (it is not really a village, there is just one house and a mountain lodge. We were not planning to do any hiking as it's Ramadan, but well, we did. Thank God that the man living in the house had this special key for the anti-theft bolt, and we walked back to our car. Now the ordeal for him began; there is this small car lift, and you have to rotate it until it lifts the car so you can change the tire. Oh boy, it was horribly hard. I tried to help him rotate the damn thing, but I am not strong enough. He kept on rotating and earned multiple calluses on his hands. That thing is the least user-friendly car lift I have ever seen in my life. And it's an original Suzuki part?! I would like to see a Japanese guy using it to lift the car. Seriously, I would pay to see that happening.

And finally, after 3.5 hours, we could head home. Of course we had to cancel the iftar we were invited to as we would be very, very late. But that's fine, there was some food from yesterday and anyway I don't like throwing the food away.

Yeah, and we bought the tires just one month ago.

Btw., as we went to this man's house, there were some hunters around. They were with 2 cars, and basically they could give us a ride easily as they were heading in the direction of our car. But, they didn't care. I was very surprised by their insensitivity. I mean, there are two people you could help, and it doesn't cost you anything, and you just act stupid? They exactly knew how long we had to walk, and when we asked them for a ride, they flat out refused. That really hit us hard...
    Last edited by Jade Vine; 12-06-16, 12:16 AM.

Re: What a day!

Sorry to read about your ordeal. I can only imagine your frustration. In regards to not being given a ride, that's humanity for you I suppose. Stupid and selfish.
    Allah gave us two ears and one mouth, so we can listen more and talk less.

Comment

The walking for extensive periods whilst fasting must have been hard
      The saddest part is the people who wouldn't offer a ride..
      And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record”
      [al-An’aam 6:59]

Comment

Sounds sweet

لا تفكر كثيرا
        بل استغفر كثيرا

-------------------------------------------------------
        The children need your prayers more than anyone else
        -------------------------------------------------------
        www.inheritorsofquran.wordpress.com

Comment

I honestly got freaked out first bit sounded like the start of a horror movie or something; stranded, no car, walk to a lodge...
          Alhumdulillah you got back home OK.

Comment

Your husbands manhood was put to the test today. He passed.
            They say good things come to those who wait, so imma be at least an hour late

Comment

Working...
            X