Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sisters only, eyebrows

:salams

I thought you can't shape them whatsoever.

I have bushy eyebrows too sis although they're more shaped than before Alhamdulillah. I see so many girls filling in their eyebrow with eyebrows pencils so yeah embrace them :)
    "Let the days do as they please
    And be optimistic when destiny decrees
    Do not despair due to the events of the past
    For the events of this world were not meant to last"

- Imam Shafi'i

Comment

Originally posted by Alina15 View Post
      Do you cut your eyebrows?

I mean, not necessarily making weird and thin lines, but just removing those hair that seem to be exceeding (not only the area between the eyebrows).

Scholars have different opinions about that.
      The Prophet (sallallahu 'alayhi wa salaam) cursed whoever pluck their or for others.
      Just leave it alone. It's fine.
      *"None of you truly believes until he loves for his brother what he loves for himself."* [Al-Bukhari & Muslim]
      "Mindless are those who only jump when told to jump, cry when told to cry, and laugh when told to laugh. Indeed, they are but sheep." TheStrivingUmmi

Comment

Originally posted by -qed- View Post
        Sister it's better to avoid plucking all together if possible

And is trimming your eyebrows with like eyebrow scissors allowed?

That's getting into the grey area; best to just avoid it. Pluck or cut, it's still removing hair.
        *"None of you truly believes until he loves for his brother what he loves for himself."* [Al-Bukhari & Muslim]
        "Mindless are those who only jump when told to jump, cry when told to cry, and laugh when told to laugh. Indeed, they are but sheep." TheStrivingUmmi

Comment

Maybe a very small percentage of the worlds women have eyebrows so bushy they are menlike, and of that very small percentage only a few of those women its bad enough that their gender is not recognized...which when you wear hijab and dress differently than men then its really easy to identify thats a woman.

There are no exceptions to cutting or removing any hair except for the middle part. İts a rule we must obey for our very short lives and its one of the simplest things we can do to make Allah swt happy. I dont touch mine whatsoever, I learned to love and review the way İ look naturally the way Allah swt wanted for me and all of you sisters. Bleach should be banned as well because its ridiculous (doesnt look good) and is completely toxic to touch for your skin beneath the hair not to mention the risk of going blind.

No no, learn to love yourself naturally ladies

Comment

Originally posted by Alina15 View Post
            But for example, let's say that a woman has really bushy eyebrows, in this way she would look like a man, which is forbidden in Islam. So she should reduce the size of her eyebrows by plucking them a bit. It does make sense or it's still haram?
            That's what you think because you're used to seeing women with thin (plucked) eyebrows.
            Funny enough, I have a little full eyebrows and when I was younger, I used to wish my eyebrows were much much thicker.
            I think it's beautiful; I honestly like it.
            I never understood the point of plucking eyebrows.
            Okay, fine, different people think differently. But how on earth does it make a woman look like a man? First time I'm hearing this.
            Sis, it's just an excuse to pluck. Don't bother yourself over this. Your eyebrows look just fine; like a woman's.

Besides, the common "style" always changes.

Comment

It's haraam for women to cut or pluck their eyebrows or any hair on the face. One of the 7 reason -if I'm not mistaken a woman- get dumped to hell.
              Last edited by Haqqi11; 12-06-16, 12:49 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X