Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sisters only, eyebrows

Do you cut your eyebrows?

I mean, not necessarily making weird and thin lines, but just removing those hair that seem to be exceeding (not only the area between the eyebrows).

Scholars have different opinions about that.

Re: Sisters only, eyebrows

obligatory post from bro to disobey sis only rule :up: carry on.

Comment

Originally posted by Alina15 View Post

I mean, not necessarily making weird and thin lines, but just removing those hair that seem to be exceeding (not only the area between the eyebrows).

No i ve naturally set...But its allowed to remove in between brows area to differentiate between men and women if someone has it.And set it in a feminine way to differentiate like remove hair from supposedly clean areas e.g below brows line and above lids...Dont align them acc to desires thats cursed though.
      ".......He giveth and spendeth (of His bounty) as He pleaseth. But the revelation that cometh to thee from Allah increaseth in most of them (kuffar) their obstinate rebellion and blasphemy.Amongst them we have placed enmity and hatred till the Day of Judgment. Every time they kindle the fire of war, Allah doth extinguish it;but they (ever) strive to do mischief on earth. And Allah loveth not those who do mischief."(5:64)

Comment

Cut or pluck? I don't understand. You can trim longer hairs etc to set them better. Plucking is another matter.

Comment

Originally posted by Nawar View Post
          Cut or pluck?

Pluck

Comment

You join the bushy eyebrows brigade :)
            وَالْعَصْرِ

إِنَّ الْإِنسَانَ لَفِي خُسْرٍ

إِلَّا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالْحَقِّ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالصَّبْرِ

"If Allah (swt) only sent this Surah to us, for the guidance of Mankind, this will be enough for us” - Imam Shaafi'ee r.a.

"Yeh dunya daar e faani hain, Tum apna dil mat lagaon, Ganimat samaj zinadagee ki bahar, aana na hoga, yahaa baar baar......"

Khanqah Habibiyah

Comment

Sister it's better to avoid plucking all together if possible

And is trimming your eyebrows with like eyebrow scissors allowed?
              Ya Rab! When you give me wealth, do not take away my happiness. When you give me strength, do not take away my intelligence. When you give me victory, do not take away my humility. When you give me humility, do not take away my dignity.

Comment

I would like to know as well, if you can trim the hairs since they won't take long to grow back the same.
                Nothing is impossible with Allah

Comment

Wa Alaykumussalam sister,
                  I remove hair from the middle of my eyebrows (like any hair between the two brows) which is permitted, but except that, I leave it.
                  The hadith worries me too much, to start taking risks, in the eyebrow region.
                  #naturaleyebrowpower #teambushyeyebrows lol :)
                  And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record”
                  [al-An’aam 6:59]

Comment

But for example, let's say that a woman has really bushy eyebrows, in this way she would look like a man, which is forbidden in Islam. So she should reduce the size of her eyebrows by plucking them a bit. It does make sense or it's still haram?

Comment

There's a hadith which states that the one who plucks eyebrows and the one who does it are cursed.
                      82. Verily, when He intends a thing, His Command is, "be", and it is! 83. So glory to Him in Whose hands is the dominion of all things: and to Him will you be all brought back. Quran surah 36: Ya-sin

Comment

Originally posted by Sis_Asiya View Post
                        There's a hadith which states that the one who plucks eyebrows and the one who does it are cursed.
                        :( I know. Once, time ago, I was told that it was fine to pluck hair below and above the eyebrow line, the ones that seem exceeding, in order to not look like a man. And I grew up with this idea. Recently, I found out something completely different.
                        Last edited by Alina15; 10-06-16, 10:39 PM.

Comment

If in doubt I'd say just leave it

I've never done it though. All these differences of opinions just confuse things, as long as you know that the prophet :saw: cursed those that pluck their eyebrows, wear perfume in front of non mahrams and have a hump on their head will not even smell the fragrance of jannatul firdaus.

Correct me if I'm wrong.
                          'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

:( I know. Once, time ago, I was told that it was fine to pluck hair below and above the eyebrow line, the ones that seem exceeding, in order to not look like a man. And I grew up with this idea. Recently, I found out something completely different.
                            So why risk it?

This beauty ideal re shaping your eyebrows changes the creation of Allah which is haraam
                            82. Verily, when He intends a thing, His Command is, "be", and it is! 83. So glory to Him in Whose hands is the dominion of all things: and to Him will you be all brought back. Quran surah 36: Ya-sin

Comment

No. My eyebrows are blonde so I just leave them alone.
                              لَمْ يَلِدْ وَلَمْ يُولَدْ
                              سورة الإخلاص

Comment

Working...
                              X