something I've been thinkiing about

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• something I've been thinkiing about

This happens to me basically every summer, seeing my bros doing things like going swimming, waterparks, and being able to take off their shirts outside. That along with cultural bias, like them not having to cook, clean or take care of kids And also 21st century equality of both men and women working,( and add to all that biological ) I can't help but think men have the best of both worlds and it doesn't really seem fair.

While pondering on that while walking, I realized-wait a minute- If a muslim woman can't go to the pool or beach because of hijab then neither should any muslim man. How can they go to a pool with half naked women walking around? And a women's hair is awrah, so how can any man walk around comfortably? Technically every muslim male should have his eyes glued to the ground, except maybe to see where he's going, but no one will ever tell them this. Or expect them to do it. Is it because it will make them (gasp)stand out-[something which muslim women already do]

I'm in no way a vindictive person, I just feel since we are both muslims we should both be suffering together, how can one person be visibly muslim in the heat of summer, and the other blends in with the kufar?

By the way, can someone try to name one thing men have worse in the 21st century? In the past I think they had it harder when life was tougher
    Last edited by hadmatter; 09-06-16, 08:29 AM.
    Allah sent down his tranquillity upon him and supported him with angels you did not see and made the word of those who disbelieved the lowest, while the word of Allah - that is the highest. And Allah is Exalted in Might and Wise.

Re: something I've been thinkiing about

Your thinking is totally wrong ..i think you need to rethink your thinking .

Youtube channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYk...dE4pHzSid7Lr0w

**** Smiling won't cost you now is it ****

Zawjati ,“Uhibbuki mithla mâ antę” “Uhibbuki kaifamâ kunteee”“Wa mahmâ kâna mahma sâra”

Comment

Originally posted by muzzybee View Post
      I agree
      يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

so do you believe it's permissible to look at a woman with her head uncovered?
        Allah sent down his tranquillity upon him and supported him with angels you did not see and made the word of those who disbelieved the lowest, while the word of Allah - that is the highest. And Allah is Exalted in Might and Wise.

Comment

if you continue thinking about hard life it might seems to you like life is hard. btw muslims should be productive and strive for akhirah.
          Last edited by hana12345; 09-06-16, 08:45 AM.

Comment

Eeh..so I can't edit but just ignore the top part and last portion, just ramblings from my head. Focus on the second paragraph only, any thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by hadmatter View Post
              This happens to me basically every summer, seeing my bros doing things like going swimming, waterparks, and being able to take off their shirts outside. That along with cultural bias, like them not having to cook, clean or take care of kids And also 21st century equality of both men and women working,( and add to all that biological ) I can't help but think men have the best of both worlds and it doesn't really seem fair.

While pondering on that while walking, I realized-wait a minute- If a muslim woman can't go to the pool or beach because of hijab then neither should any muslim man. How can they go to a pool with half naked women walking around? And a women's hair is awrah, so how can any man walk around comfortably? Technically every muslim male should have his eyes glued to the ground, except maybe to see where he's going, but no one will ever tell them this. Or expect them to do it. Is it because it will make them (gasp)stand out-[something which muslim women already do]

I'm in no way a vindictive person, I just feel since we are both muslims we should both be suffering together, how can one person be visibly muslim in the heat of summer, and the other blends in with the kufar?

By the way, can someone try to name one thing men have worse in the 21st century? In the past I think they had it harder when life was tougher
              You're right in that no muslim man in his right mind would go to a place where there are men and women in their underwear. Even for men, swimming trunks are not allowed. They should always be covered form the knee to navel. Men should not even be looking at other men in their swimming apparel.

As for cooking, cleaning and taking care of kids. Some guys like to cook on the odd occasion and they even like taking care of their kids. But society judsges them badly and also parents rarely give them the skills they need to do well in these types of jobs.

You can't really compare a mans life with a womans. Or even the life of two men or two women to each other. Every one is living their own life, as set by Allah.

Comment

so do you believe it's permissible to look at a woman with her head uncovered?
                No,think again about the question you posed here.
                On what angle you are coming from.

This will answer your question.

Youtube channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYk...dE4pHzSid7Lr0w

**** Smiling won't cost you now is it ****

Zawjati ,“Uhibbuki mithla mâ antę” “Uhibbuki kaifamâ kunteee”“Wa mahmâ kâna mahma sâra”

Comment

No,think again about the question you posed here.
                  On what angle you are coming from.

This will answer your question.
                  This is a boo hoo thread, women have it tough...allow it.

Comment

Men And women are not equal or in any form the same.. It's for our own safety and benefit that we obey and follow islam, as women we are the weaker species, more prone to dangers and harm so Allah swt gave us instructions to keep us safe, it's not about being fair or not.. Men are strong, faster species and they are less likely to suffer rape, murder or abuse.

It's unlikely a muslim brother will go to a beach packed with half naked women and if so May Allah swt guide them...

We are different in every way, those who say otherwise are ignorant and need to wake up
                    I love you, cherish you and worship you,
                    Guide me on your path to your janna,
                    Unite me beside you My King and all mighty,

:love:Allah:love:

Comment

Originally posted by Fragile View Post
                      Men And women are not equal or in any form the same.. It's for our own safety and benefit that we obey and follow islam, as women we are the weaker species, more prone to dangers and harm so Allah swt gave us instructions to keep us safe, it's not about being fair or not.. Men are strong, faster species and they are less likely to suffer rape, murder or abuse.

It's unlikely a muslim brother will go to a beach packed with half naked women and if so May Allah swt guide them...

We are different in every way, those who say otherwise are ignorant and need to wake up
                      Women arent weak neither spiritually nor physically...Women are the last to leave iman in any home...And physical strength also depends on number of factors and events/locations.A sin is not a sin if its pressurized...Women in islam do ve double work to carry on...the home and job.Esp the kids upbringing...Men can deviate from their women anytime in life when she gets some wrinkles or when they desire for another woman...I ve yet to see women being disloyal in their duties in middle ages..
                      ".......He giveth and spendeth (of His bounty) as He pleaseth. But the revelation that cometh to thee from Allah increaseth in most of them (kuffar) their obstinate rebellion and blasphemy.Amongst them we have placed enmity and hatred till the Day of Judgment. Every time they kindle the fire of war, Allah doth extinguish it;but they (ever) strive to do mischief on earth. And Allah loveth not those who do mischief."(5:64)

Comment

Most pious muslim men I know will not go to beach or swimming pool that has half naked female in there. Because it is impossible not to see them when they are everywhere.

On the other hand, if you want to join your brothers you can get burkani and jump in the pool or gather bunch of girls & book the pool for an hour or so for women only session. I use to be upset when I was younger, not because of swimming as my brother is very practicing. But it seem he got easier way out of everything while I had to do double duty since young age. It wasn't until I hit my 20's that I realize, I am allowing my life to go certain way (boggled down with house chores, babysitting my siblings.. many of the task I am volunteering for while neglecting my own selfish needs like hanging out with friends & chilling). So at 20 when most girls were getting mature, I decided to go the opposite direction & put myself first.

I think you should first figure out few things you want to try, maybe you want to go shooting range or go see a play or hike a mountain.. whatever it is create a list. Then go out do them. It won't be end of the world if the house doesn't get cleaned one day or your family has to get takeout. Bottom line girls are trained from young age to put others need front of hers but the weight adds up eventually. Treat yourself first

Comment

Originally posted by aynina View Post
                          I agree
                          Ignore this, i misinterpreted the OP
                          يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

Muslim males shouldn't be in such environments, if it will show their awrah or they will sin by looking at the opposite gender, etc.
                            We both have it equally difficult/easy, depending on what way you view it..... hijab, beard.. thobe, abaya.. etc.
                            And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record”
                            [al-An’aam 6:59]

Comment

Yes, you are right. Culture and modern values today (feminism / liberalism / materialism) have destroyed the status of the woman today. You're however not going to change society by yourself by just being upset, but by striving to bring society into balance through promoting the teachings of Islam and intellectually destroying the basis of those who oppose the teachings of islam, whether from western materialism or backwards cultural Muslims.
                              FOLLOW THE NEW BLOG - GINGERBEARDMAN - Muslim, father, husband, writer, defender of ginger rights!

www.facebook.com/outreach4Islam - Outreach4Islam have been working together in Leicester, calling the not yet Muslims to Islam since 2006.

Comment

Working...
                              X