Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My mother foced me to shave.....what should I do next time?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My mother foced me to shave.....what should I do next time?

Don't take the bribes.

Comment

Theres never any good enough reason to shave. There was a guy he shaved so he wouldnt look suspicious to the govt and the next day they took him in jail so thats just like the hadith

Rasulullah ṣallallāhu 'alayhi wa sallam (peace and blessings of Allāh be upon him) said, “He who displeased Allah for seeking the pleasure of people, Allah is displeased with him and those people are also displeased, for pleasing whom he had earned Allah's displeasure. And he who pleases Allah, although by it he displeased people, Allah is pleased with him, and also those people whom he had displeased for pleasing Allah become pleased with him. Allah makes him splendid and his speech and acts in the eyes of others beautiful.” [Tabarani]
      يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

Originally posted by Striving for Janna View Post
        my mother, from time to time, forces me to shave my beard,,,,she was bribing with something, which I can't quite remember, I think it had something to do with me asking her questions about college and work and her saying she would only answer if I shaved...she always gets on my case about "looking dirty" because I grow a beard, and I try telling her it is Sunnah but she doesn't care, or says, "what century do you live in??" (Btw, this was while I was on vacation in Savannah, Georgia, with my sister, brother, and mother, thought id add that part)....I want to grow a beard, though. What should I tell her? I give her quotes from the Sunnah of Rasulullah (PBUH) and she still doesn't listen....
        What do you do to keep your beard clean? Do you trim it and keep the edges clean regularly? Do you comb it regularly? Have you asked your mother what exactly she doesn't like about your beard? Is it the beard itself, or your hygienic practices?

Comment

Originally posted by Striving for Janna View Post
          my mother, from time to time, forces me to shave my beard,,,,she was bribing with something, which I can't quite remember, I think it had something to do with me asking her questions about college and work and her saying she would only answer if I shaved...she always gets on my case about "looking dirty" because I grow a beard, and I try telling her it is Sunnah but she doesn't care, or says, "what century do you live in??" (Btw, this was while I was on vacation in Savannah, Georgia, with my sister, brother, and mother, thought id add that part)....I want to grow a beard, though. What should I tell her? I give her quotes from the Sunnah of Rasulullah (PBUH) and she still doesn't listen....
          Salaam bro, just say no and done.

I had a similar issue, not mother specific, more like the whole family, aunts uncles cousins in laws......... I just laughed it off. No one is gona stand in my place on youmul qiyamah n answer for my actions.

Comment

Originally posted by aynina View Post
            Theres never any good enough reason to shave. There was a guy he shaved so he wouldnt look suspicious to the govt and the next day they took him in jail so thats just like the hadith

Rasulullah ṣallallāhu 'alayhi wa sallam (peace and blessings of Allāh be upon him) said, “He who displeased Allah for seeking the pleasure of people, Allah is displeased with him and those people are also displeased, for pleasing whom he had earned Allah's displeasure. And he who pleases Allah, although by it he displeased people, Allah is pleased with him, and also those people whom he had displeased for pleasing Allah become pleased with him. Allah makes him splendid and his speech and acts in the eyes of others beautiful.” [Tabarani]
            Some of the mujahiddeen do shave, only to protect their identity, while spying on the enemy. This is allowed in very crucial circumstances. Otherwise there is no excuse.

Comment

Tell her "Mom i love you but I love Allah more I'm sorry if you think this isn't right but... cos the clock changes doesn't mean the law of Allah changes"

Comment

Originally posted by abumuslim34 View Post
                Some of the mujahiddeen do shave, only to protect their identity, while spying on the enemy. This is allowed in very crucial circumstances. Otherwise there is no excuse.
                Yea i know that happens sometimes Allahu musta'an
                يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

Working...
                X