Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My mother foced me to shave.....what should I do next time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My mother foced me to shave.....what should I do next time?

my mother, from time to time, forces me to shave my beard,,,,she was bribing with something, which I can't quite remember, I think it had something to do with me asking her questions about college and work and her saying she would only answer if I shaved...she always gets on my case about "looking dirty" because I grow a beard, and I try telling her it is Sunnah but she doesn't care, or says, "what century do you live in??" (Btw, this was while I was on vacation in Savannah, Georgia, with my sister, brother, and mother, thought id add that part)....I want to grow a beard, though. What should I tell her? I give her quotes from the Sunnah of Rasulullah (PBUH) and she still doesn't listen....

Re: My mother foced me to shave.....what should I do next time?

Try to keep it nice and clean so it doesn't look dirty?

Maybe trim the odd edges?

Tell you what, I have a friend whose mother observes hijab and father has a chest length beard and both prays regularly, they still don't let him keep the beard and put mental pressure on him to shave it.
    Winning an argument doesn't mean you're on truth, losing an argument doesn't mean you're on falsehood.

Comment

If they succeed in forcing you to leave things that Allah ordered ,things that are easy to do ,how will you pass the more difficult tests ?

Comment

Go along with what your parents say until you become financially independent.

Comment

Originally posted by Spicen View Post
          Go along with what your parents say until you become financially independent.
          thats a fatwa.. do u have evidence for what u said from the quran and sunnah?
          The Prophet (saw) advised to: “Take benefit of five before five: Your youth before your old age, your health before your sickness, your wealth before your poverty, your free time before you are preoccupied, and your life before your death
          https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgE...kS-Qi3nf3tcvPw

Comment

Originally posted by Ibn Taleb View Post
            thats a fatwa.. do u have evidence for what u said from the quran and sunnah?
            Advice. Not fatwa.

Comment

Originally posted by abumango
              Fatwa is a more reliable and authentic answer. If you don't bring proof with your explanation and have no knowledge in an Islamic topic then you have lied even if your intentions were good.
              ok mr.mango

Comment

Originally posted by Striving for Janna View Post
                my mother, from time to time, forces me to shave my beard,,,,she was bribing with something, which I can't quite remember, I think it had something to do with me asking her questions about college and work and her saying she would only answer if I shaved...she always gets on my case about "looking dirty" because I grow a beard, and I try telling her it is Sunnah but she doesn't care, or says, "what century do you live in??" (Btw, this was while I was on vacation in Savannah, Georgia, with my sister, brother, and mother, thought id add that part)....I want to grow a beard, though. What should I tell her? I give her quotes from the Sunnah of Rasulullah (PBUH) and she still doesn't listen....
                Obeying your parents is a fard and is compulusry in islam and u must obey them in all what they say except anything that contradicts the deen... no obedeince to a creation in the disobedience of the creator..

my mom is now used to my beard and now really loves people with beards :P ... it took a few years for her to get around and she still and will always ask me to trim and cut it but with a smile i polietly say i cant..
                The Prophet (saw) advised to: “Take benefit of five before five: Your youth before your old age, your health before your sickness, your wealth before your poverty, your free time before you are preoccupied, and your life before your death
                https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgE...kS-Qi3nf3tcvPw

Comment

im not that knowledgeable but i read once u grow a bread that is haram to shave it off u can trim it but ur not allowed shave it all off...but in sha allah someone else who has more knowledge will show light on the subject. May Allah forgive if i said anything wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Ibn Taleb View Post
                    Obeying your parents is a fard and is compulusry in islam and u must obey them in all what they say except anything that contradicts the deen... no obedeince to a creation in the disobedience of the creator..

my mom is now used to my beard and now really loves people with beards :P ... it took a few years for her to get around and she still and will always ask me to trim and cut it but with a smile i polietly say i cant..
                    Lol similar case here. Now she often complains like, if you're gonna keep beard atleast keep it nice and clean. I'm like, my beard is like this, what can I do?
                    Winning an argument doesn't mean you're on truth, losing an argument doesn't mean you're on falsehood.

Comment

Originally posted by Marina-Aisha View Post
                      im not that knowledgeable but i read once u grow a bread that is haram to shave it off u can trim it but ur not allowed shave it all off...but in sha allah someone else who has more knowledge will show light on the subject. May Allah forgive if i said anything wrong.
                      What do you mean by once you grow? As far as I know shaving beard is always haram according to majority opinion regardless whether you grow it or not.

Comment

Don't shave. If she orders you, find a polite and kind way to refuse, but refuse. Even if she gets upset with you, so long as you were respectful, you've done nothing wrong, and she will come round eventually in sha Allah.

Remember, to her you are still her little boy, and so it is difficult for her to see you grow up, so be patient with her and if she gets upset with you don't get upset back and just be kind, loving and respectful but firm.

And remember there is no obedience to the creation in the disobedience of Allah.

Comment

My mother foced me to shave.....what should I do next time?

+1^^^ and Allah is the most merciful

Comment

You're making a big deal out of it. Eventually your mother is gonna get tired and learn to live with it. No need to shave, it's a major sin and makes you look ugly as hell.
                            You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

You follow your scholar's qiyās, and I will follow the Qur'ān and Sunnah.

Comment

Lol, and my mum would be heartbroken if I shaved, not that I would do such a thing in the first place.

Comment

Working...
                              X