Am I overreacting to being ignored...?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Striving for Janna
    started a topic Am I overreacting to being ignored...?

Am I overreacting to being ignored...?

there is an imam in florida, where I used to live, whose daughter is the one I want to marry after high school and a couple of years of college(the one I talk about a lot). I called him 3 times out of sheer lonliness, because I had no one to talk to. I was going to ask him if working at a bank is haram, but he didn't pick up. I texted him and dropped a hint I want to marry his daughter by saying i want to get maried during college and thats why I ask. but he didn't reply until much later, when he simply said to ask the imam of my city.I told him that imam was still mad at me and that I don't have his number. he didn't reply. I called him. he did not reply. I texted him again. no reply. now I feel I have ruined my chances at marrying his daughter, and doing nikah, all due to my impulsivty and pathetic lonliness. I felt so depressed.....I could barely even pray or speak or move...I feel as if I have ruined my chances at marrying his daughter due to my annoying him constantly.....I want to know if I am overreacting, or if I'm not, how to move on and give up on his daughter......

• Kya
    replied
    Re: Am I overreacting to being ignored...?

Brother have you tried putting your need aside and maybe for the time being focus on giving (no not to girls but to poor people). Volunteer at homeless shelter or volunteer to distribute food during ifthar. For next month stop thinking about yourself and your needs. If you can't volunteer, get physically active after Ramadan. Try joining a sport team or track team or start running. All these crazy thoughts will go away if you are busy.

You have too much time in your hand

Leave a comment:

• Fragile
    replied

Have you tried seeking help? I'm very concerned about your mental state..

Leave a comment:

• Comrox
    replied

Originally posted by Striving for Janna View Post
    I am seeing a therapist and a psychiatrist.
    I'm really glad to hear that. :) I hope it helps you.

I think you should try to reach out to pious brothers at the masjid and make some friends. You shouldn't be lonely. No one deserves to be lonely. Try to make some friends or hang out with family or cousins around your own age maybe? Being around other people may really help take your mind off this girl.

Forcing yourself onto other people by constantly trying to talk to them doesn't work brother. That will only drive them further away from you. You should be around people who want to be around you. Try to reach out, be brave, and Insha'Allah you'll make some friends. Talk about your interests with them, or try to find a new interest. Remember to strike a balance with them, and don't overwhelm them with texts or calls too much. Everyone's busy and has their own life. Have patience next time when someone's not responding to you right away. They may not have the time to respond to you. Remember that.

Balance is key. Balance your life with friends, family, good health, and remembrance of Allah.

I believe in you! :) You can do it.
    Last edited by Comrox; 08-06-16, 04:03 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Striving for Janna
    replied

Originally posted by Comrox View Post
    You need to see someone brother. You don't deserve to be depressed and suffering through it alone. You need professional help. Please, see someone.
    I am seeing a therapist and a psychiatrist.

Leave a comment:

• Akhūka
    replied

I think you should put these thoughts on hold until after Ramadan, and spend this month in 'Ibadah and don't let these things distract you for the time being, in case you loose this blessed month and the opportunity to raise in rank it offers. Easier said than done I know. but try.

Leave a comment:

• Comrox
    replied

You need to see someone brother. You don't deserve to be depressed and suffering through it alone. You need professional help. Please, see someone.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X