Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to avoid gaining weight during Ramadan?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to avoid gaining weight during Ramadan?

Yeah, I know I shouldn't be worrying about this. But I tend to look fatter at the end of the month. Any ways to keep yourself healthy while fasting?

Re: How to avoid gaining weight during Ramadan?

you should follow the same routine that you do when not fasting.At the end it all depends on how your body burns.
    Just enjoy your food ,soon enough we all will be bones which is skinny enough

Comment

Have water when you break your fast. Don't start food straight away. Don't eat until you are bursting, this is the Sunnah anyway.
      Avoid sugary desserts and snacking between Iftar and Suhoor. Should be fine like this Insha'Allah.

Comment

Originally posted by nocturnalman View Post
        you should follow the same routine that you do when not fasting.At the end it all depends on how your body burns.
        Just enjoy your food ,soon enough we all will be bones which is skinny enough
        Not really possible with an 18 hour fast to follow the same routine.

Comment

If you are putting on weight you seriously need to have a word with yourself.

Some water, some fruit and a light meal and you'll be ok :insha:

Comment

avoid fried food or alternatively bake it instead...

also cut down on fizzy drinks...

Comment

Originally posted by Simply_Logical View Post
              avoid fried food or alternatively bake it instead...

also cut down on fizzy drinks...
              I think Allah blessed me with a generous digestion system ,he knows that I like food and drinks.I can eat whatever I want during the whole night ,and drink whatever I want and my weight stays constant.
              Days other than ramadan ,I think I never stop eating ,because my body burns too fast

Comment

Originally posted by hassan246 View Post
                Yeah, I know I shouldn't be worrying about this. But I tend to look fatter at the end of the month. Any ways to keep yourself healthy while fasting?
                Yes, don't eat too much. It's fairly simple.
                FOLLOW THE NEW BLOG - GINGERBEARDMAN - Muslim, father, husband, writer, defender of ginger rights!

www.facebook.com/outreach4Islam - Outreach4Islam have been working together in Leicester, calling the not yet Muslims to Islam since 2006.

Comment

:salams

Stay away from oily food.

Comment

Do you have any idea what about your routine changes that causes you to put on weight? Have you actually weighed yourself at the beginning and end of the month to check you actually are putting on weight?

What I mean by changes in your routine are things like:

- not moving around much; some people even take time off work in Ramadan to read or stay in the mosque
                    - iftar gatherings; deep fried foods such as pakoray and samosay, sweet or fizzy drinks, followed by a rich meal and dessert
                    - sehri foods; some households make things like paratha everyday when something as simple as porridge and a smoothie is sufficient
                    - not drinking enough water; make sure you drink enough water to prevent dehydration during the day, in fact start your iftar with a glass of water, then pray maghrib and THEN eat your meal and you'll find you're less inclined to overeat

If you're already doing these things, then you're on the right track.
                    The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

Akhi eat more protein, drink more milk instead of water, it is more hydrating, consume eggs, and steam vegetables. Eat porridge but ensure the size of oats is larger not powedry because that contains more fibre.
                      8 powerful habits to succeed

1. Wake up early!
                      2. Do it as soon as possible, you could die tonight so make the best of today
                      3. Remember your life is unique, don't compare yourself to others. Use that jealousy as an energy to make your life a success"
                      4. Have healthy habits. Set a time each day to exercise. Try with the mindset you're only going to do some jumping jacks for 5 seconds and the next thing you know, you're doing a workout!
                      5. Read, read, read. Ponder over the Qur'an, learn more. Put the idiot box (TV) away
                      6. Take note. Desires make slaves out of kings and patience makes kings out of slaves.
                      7. Results aren't just worldly. Results are also about perseverance, retaining dignity, being honest, being honourable, doing good unto others.
                      8. Always encourage others especially our brothers and sisters, let them know making mistakes is okay, we all make mistakes, do not ever undermine them and make them feel incompetent. This is also true for the dunya, so what if they don't get the maths sum right the first time, that is what LEARNING is.

NEW UPDATE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJubtizAEfU

Watch this when you're distressed!

Comment

Iftar for me is at 10:04pm so I'm gonna have an ab session around 9. For Iftar I'm just having one of those pasta pots, cereal and a protein bar. That's it
                        They say good things come to those who wait, so imma be at least an hour late

Comment

Originally posted by ibzy View Post
                          Iftar for me is at 10:04pm so I'm gonna have an ab session around 9. For Iftar I'm just having one of those pasta pots, cereal and a protein bar. That's it
                          what;s your ab session and do you workout with someone else or by yourself
                          8 powerful habits to succeed

1. Wake up early!
                          2. Do it as soon as possible, you could die tonight so make the best of today
                          3. Remember your life is unique, don't compare yourself to others. Use that jealousy as an energy to make your life a success"
                          4. Have healthy habits. Set a time each day to exercise. Try with the mindset you're only going to do some jumping jacks for 5 seconds and the next thing you know, you're doing a workout!
                          5. Read, read, read. Ponder over the Qur'an, learn more. Put the idiot box (TV) away
                          6. Take note. Desires make slaves out of kings and patience makes kings out of slaves.
                          7. Results aren't just worldly. Results are also about perseverance, retaining dignity, being honest, being honourable, doing good unto others.
                          8. Always encourage others especially our brothers and sisters, let them know making mistakes is okay, we all make mistakes, do not ever undermine them and make them feel incompetent. This is also true for the dunya, so what if they don't get the maths sum right the first time, that is what LEARNING is.

NEW UPDATE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJubtizAEfU

Watch this when you're distressed!

Comment

How do some people gain weight during Ramadan?

Comment

Rule of thumb:
                              Avoid oil & sugar
                              Steam/boil/bake if you must, don't fry
                              Eat soups, fruits and vegetables a lot
                              Drink a lot of water

If you keep to this strictly, you don't have to worry about the next ones:
                              Control your portion sizes(this one is essential if you'll have carbohydrates and protein, which are very important in areas where the days are very long)
                              Go out for a 2-3 km long walk in the evening every day

If you want to eat pastries, candy or oily stuff then you have to get into more details, calulate your BMR and ration the treats, eat the rations slowly and use fillers to make it last longer.

Originally posted by Mutant View Post
                              How do some people gain weight during Ramadan?
                              They don't plan and control themselves nor what they eat when iftar is due.
                              Last edited by Thunderstorm; 06-06-16, 07:13 PM.
                              Say what somebody can do instead of the haram if you want to help.

Comment

Working...
                              X