Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My colleague lied about me

It happened to me.
    Working issue. After not agreeing with me, one of my colleagues starts saying that I am not as competent as her and that I should do as she says. Then, she goes to the manager saying that I've shouted at her and talked to her using a bad tone. When my manager told me that, I was shocked and then sad. Of course, I said it wasn't true. My manager replied that he knows how I am and he didn't believe her. It was a relief.

I didn't say anything to her. I don't know what to say. My close working mates don't believe the story she told around.
    For me, this is enough. I don't see the point to go to her and create a discussion. I don't like arguing and I am a really peaceful person, and for the sake of peace, I prefer to stay silent. Now, everyone (including my father) says that I appear weak because I didn't say even a word and that at least I should tell her something.

I would not do that, for the reasons I said before. What do you think? :(

Re: My colleague lied about me

Aw sis im sorry that you have to be with such a person at your working place, but i wouldnt advise you to have a go at her, because everyone that matters to you believes you, so you can let her do it again and again and end up being hated so she would have caused her own downfall, or you can keep showing her how good and beautifull your akhlaq is and just show her good manners and maybe she will apologise ir take after you and end up learning from you

Cus in the end what positive will you get out of getting angry at her right?
    Last edited by aynina; 30-05-16, 08:50 PM.
    يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

Sounds like she ruined her own reputation. If she does it again it'll just get worse for her.

Comment

Don't worry about it its classic office politics and happens in the work place trust me! Do long as you know how competently you do your job that will speak volumes for you also as your manager didn't believe her that's a plus.

If she persists then put in a grievance against her and cite what she's done
        82. Verily, when He intends a thing, His Command is, "be", and it is! 83. So glory to Him in Whose hands is the dominion of all things: and to Him will you be all brought back. Quran surah 36: Ya-sin

Comment

Right, first of all, is this job out of necessity because if it isn't then thats the first problem that needs to be tackled.

Comment

ehh, she just made things worse for herself. Don't worry about her, she's too stupid to affect you in a bad way

Comment

Emotionally, I cannot tell you how to deal with it. You just need to know that her view doesn't matter - as your manager also realized. Besides, keep your emotions off when at work (it is maybe difficult, depending on your personality, but it is absolutely the best way).

Technically, make sure everything you do is written down (e-mail communication, etc.) so everything you do, there is a written proof that can back your story. Be very careful and meticulous about this since it can save you many unpleasant situations - avoid any oral agreements, communications with persons like this co-worker (who can turn everything upside-down).

Comment

Thanks!
                Today I've greeted her and she didn't reply. I don't know how some people can sleep knowing they have this kind of behavior.
                Anyways, to me it's fine, as nothing happened.
                [MENTION=113975]Jade Vine[/MENTION] I will follow your advice to have everything written down, as a proof.

Comment

It's time you start recording your conversations at work.. It will benefit you further down the line. Since she's got it in for you then be prepared
                  I love you, cherish you and worship you,
                  Guide me on your path to your janna,
                  Unite me beside you My King and all mighty,

:love:Allah:love:

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                  X