Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Halal food in the US

Assalamu alaykum

I'm a French student and I'd like to study in the US for one year (2017-2018 inshaAllah). I wonder if Halal food is easy to find there, I did some research on the Internet but I couldn't find anything. In France, Halal food is very accessible : there is a lot of fastfoods and restaurants, there is a Halal section in almost every supermarket, you can easily find a Halal butcher shop, etc. I don't know how it is in the US, so if you guys live there please tell me 😊
    Maybe it depends on the area. I don't know yet where I am going to study but I have the choice between Albany (NY), Salt Lake City (UT), Bozeman (MT) or Homewood (AL).

Also, can you easily find a Mosque ?

Thanks for your help ! 😄

Re: Halal food in the US

[MENTION=138882]Geedorah[/MENTION] im sorry sis i dont know but i was wondering if french meat is halal still? Since in belgium the wanna gorbid the slaughtering of animals without drugging them first, i wonder how that is in france since i buy meat there sometimes in supermarket
    يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

Originally posted by Geedorah View Post
      Assalamu alaykum

I'm a French student and I'd like to study in the US for one year (2017-2018 inshaAllah). I wonder if Halal food is easy to find there, I did some research on the Internet but I couldn't find anything. In France, Halal food is very accessible : there is a lot of fastfoods and restaurants, there is a Halal section in almost every supermarket, you can easily find a Halal butcher shop, etc. I don't know how it is in the US, so if you guys live there please tell me 😊
      Maybe it depends on the area. I don't know yet where I am going to study but I have the choice between Albany (NY), Salt Lake City (UT), Bozeman (MT) or Homewood (AL).

Also, can you easily find a Mosque ?

Thanks for your help ! 😄
      :wswrwb:

You can easily find halal food and masajid in the bigger cities. In smaller towns you'll have a harder time, but you'll find Muslims pretty much anywhere in the US. Still, it's much easier in the bigger cities and their surrounding areas.

Albany NY should have a lot of Muslims, so I think this is your best choice.

I was in Salt Lake City once and went to a halal restaurant there. It's a beautiful place but I'm not sure if a lot of Muslims are there.

Both Bozeman and Homewood are small towns, so you'll have harder time finding Muslims and halal places. I would not recommend going to Alabama either; a lot of racists in that state.

Comment

[MENTION=110507]aynina[/MENTION]
        Hi :)
        I read that too in an article but I think it was in Sweden (don't remember well). Meat is 100% Halal in France, it only depends on the certification. If "AVS" or "ARGML" is written on the packet, you can completely trust them (they are the most reliable certification in France). There are plenty of others like Achahada, Altakwa, Halal Minoriting Committe, etc. However, beware of the fake certification that don't respect the religious rite !

Comment

Lool that was incorrectemundo
          يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

[MENTION=110507]aynina[/MENTION]
            Hi :)
            I read that too in an article but I think it was in Sweden (don't remember well). Meat is 100% Halal in France, it only depends on the certification. If "AVS" or "ARGML" is written on the packet, you can completely trust them (they are the most reliable certification in France).
            There are plenty of others like, Achahada, Altakwa, Halal Monitoring Committe, etc. However, beware of fake certification that don't respect the religious rite !

Comment

If it is one of the major cities in a state, then it will most likely have halal food. How easy it is to find depends on how many Muslims live there.

Comment

Halal and zabihah are not the same.

Halal is all food that Allah has made permissible for us to eat, such as beef or chicken. Zabihah is how the meat is slaughtered.
                http://www.isnahalal.ca/info.html
                لَمْ يَلِدْ وَلَمْ يُولَدْ
                سورة الإخلاص

Comment

Sister, I live in the U.S. and I can tell you there are Halal places. Sometimes you have to really look, but luckily in my area major stores actually sell Halal meats and products.

Comment

If you want good halal options, I would try to go to a Uni in a large metro. In places like birmingham, albany or salt lake city, you might be lucky to find more than 10 halal restaurant and that too not fully zabihah. check out https://halal-db.com/location/United-States
                    Islamic Lectures and Videos
                    Halal Restaurant and Masjid Finder
                    Halal Vitamins
                    Reliable Web Hosting

Comment

Working...
                    X