Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this rude?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Re: Is this rude?

    Originally posted by musicisme6565 View Post
    they might feel like you're judging them, the would mind
    Yea exactly im like
    "If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

    "Nothing protects the rights of the minority like the tyranny of the majority"

    Comment


    • #17
      Re: Is this rude?

      Originally posted by candyapple View Post
      I never prayed in a mosque.. well as a kid I got taught prayers in the mosque by our teachers but that's about it


      And from the vibe im getting hell no I aint gunna risk going there to get all judged at by everyone which will make me feel more alone and sad.

      It's so sad that I actually believe there's more understanding and toleration in non muslims today than there is with muslims :(
      You're right 100%.

      Comment


      • #18
        Re: Is this rude?

        Originally posted by Mutant View Post
        You're right 100%.
        It really shouldn't be that way
        We are the ones who should be the most compassionate,the most generous, the most tolerant, the most understanding.
        "If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

        "Nothing protects the rights of the minority like the tyranny of the majority"

        Comment


        • #19
          Re: Is this rude?

          Originally posted by candyapple View Post
          It really shouldn't be that way
          We are the ones who should be the most compassionate,the most generous, the most tolerant, the most understanding.
          I don't like the way most Muslims are towards me. I always have to remind myself that I'm a Muslim for Allah not for people, it sucks that I have to.

          Comment


          • #20
            Re: Is this rude?

            Originally posted by candyapple View Post
            I never prayed in a mosque.. well as a kid I got taught prayers in the mosque by our teachers but that's about it


            And from the vibe im getting hell no I aint gunna risk going there to get all judged at by everyone which will make me feel more alone and sad.

            It's so sad that I actually believe there's more understanding and toleration in non muslims today than there is with muslims :(
            I don't know if you live in a Muslim-majority country or the west, but I take it you have never been discrimminated against for simply being Muslim. I have lived a few locations in the US (I am an American revert, btw). After living in the Bible Belt of the United States, non-Muslims are not accepting and tolerant as you may think.
            January 2015, I was driving through Lake Charles, Louisiana and was pulled over. I wasn't speeding, I was in the right-hand lane, my lights worked... I pulled over and was told over their loud speaker to get out with my hands up. So, I did. They began to question why my face was "hidden." I told them I'm Muslim and it is part of my religion. For over one hour in the cold (32 F or 0 C) until a female came to identify me. Then I was let go. They never even told me why they pulled me over. I wasn't given a ticket but I surely wasn't given an explanation.
            I'm told almost every day by non Muslims (online and in person) that I should die. That all Muslims should die. I ask if my 6 year old son should die, too. They are actually bold enough to say yes.

            Lastly, salah is something very important to me. I searched my whole life trying to find the right religion. You are submitting yourself to Allah nothing else. Our Phrophet :saw: has told us how we should pray, men and women alike. I have been the one that has prayed in skinny jeans and a short hijab thinking it was ok. No one ever corrected me on that. No one told me I wasn't even wearing a proper hijab. When I am incorrect, I like to be corrected. It has nothing to do with being superior or better than anyone else. I just genuinely want other's prayers accepted and I want them to know the right way to give salah.


            https://islamqa.info/en/126265
            لَمْ يَلِدْ وَلَمْ يُولَدْ
            سورة الإخلاص

            Comment


            • #21
              Re: Is this rude?

              Originally posted by Yasirah87 View Post
              I don't know if you live in a Muslim-majority country or the west, but I take it you have never been discrimminated against for simply being Muslim. I have lived a few locations in the US (I am an American revert, btw). After living in the Bible Belt of the United States, non-Muslims are not accepting and tolerant as you may think.
              January 2015, I was driving through Lake Charles, Louisiana and was pulled over. I wasn't speeding, I was in the right-hand lane, my lights worked... I pulled over and was told over their loud speaker to get out with my hands up. So, I did. They began to question why my face was "hidden." I told them I'm Muslim and it is part of my religion. For over one hour in the cold (32 F or 0 C) until a female came to identify me. Then I was let go. They never even told me why they pulled me over. I wasn't given a ticket but I surely wasn't given an explanation.
              I'm told almost every day by non Muslims (online and in person) that I should die. That all Muslims should die. I ask if my 6 year old son should die, too. They are actually bold enough to say yes.

              Lastly, salah is something very important to me. I searched my whole life trying to find the right religion. You are submitting yourself to Allah nothing else. Our Phrophet :saw: has told us how we should pray, men and women alike. I have been the one that has prayed in skinny jeans and a short hijab thinking it was ok. No one ever corrected me on that. No one told me I wasn't even wearing a proper hijab. When I am incorrect, I like to be corrected. It has nothing to do with being superior or better than anyone else. I just genuinely want other's prayers accepted and I want them to know the right way to give salah.



              https://islamqa.info/en/126265
              Yea u live different from where I do... Btw I didn't realise that my last comment may have seemed to be directed at u somehow so sorry about that

              From my point of view I was imagining alot of disunity amongst the sisters which created animosity which isn't an attractive vibe to be around in

              Sorry sis it was very inconsiderate of me to have posted my last comment without clarifying.

              So do u feel there's more love within muslims sis?

              When I said non muslims I meant the non Islamophobes and just general people whom I've experienced are caring people who wouldn't hesitate to help u out if u need it... but I am aware of the rise of Islamophobes... I'm sorry u had to go through that experience.. in shaa Allah u never go through such a thing again

              I suppose some of us like to believe the grass is greener on the other side
              Last edited by candyapple; 30-05-16, 11:47 PM.
              "If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

              "Nothing protects the rights of the minority like the tyranny of the majority"

              Comment


              • #22
                Re: Is this rude?

                Originally posted by Khalid b. Walid View Post
                Have you thought of getting the mosque to put clear signs up outlining appropriate dress? It might be a good way of educating the women as they will the signs everytime they visit the mosque.

                I have seen signs in the mosque for men pointing out that going into ruku with the backside exposed in an exposure of awrah; and these signs are colourful with graphics positioned in places where people can't avoid seeing them such as entrances, corridors and the shoe area.

                Its a good indirect way of educating people without them feeling you are having a go at them.
                This is the best answer....
                Women lost their modesty when men lost their gheerah..” .

                Comment


                • #23
                  Re: Is this rude?

                  Originally posted by candyapple View Post
                  Yea u live different from where I do... Btw I didn't realise that my last comment may have seemed to be directed at u somehow so sorry about that

                  From my point of view I was imagining alot of disunity amongst the sisters which created animosity which isn't an attractive vibe to be around in

                  Sorry sis it was very inconsiderate of me to have posted my last comment without clarifying.

                  So do u feel there's more love within muslims sis?

                  When I said non muslims I meant the non Islamophobes and just general people whom I've experienced are caring people who wouldn't hesitate to help u out if u need it... but I am aware of the rise of Islamophobes... I'm sorry u had to go through that experience.. in shaa Allah u never go through such a thing again

                  I suppose some of us like to believe the grass is greener on the other side
                  I feel more welcomed by Muslims than non Muslims.
                  لَمْ يَلِدْ وَلَمْ يُولَدْ
                  سورة الإخلاص

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Re: Is this rude?

                    Originally posted by Yasirah87 View Post
                    I feel more welcomed by Muslims than non Muslims.
                    Awwh :love:

                    It's a hit and miss for me though while some muslim sisters are soooo awesome, there's some that ruin it for me :)
                    "If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

                    "Nothing protects the rights of the minority like the tyranny of the majority"

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Re: Is this rude?

                      Originally posted by Mutant View Post
                      I don't like the way most Muslims are towards me. I always have to remind myself that I'm a Muslim for Allah not for people, it sucks that I have to.
                      What are they like towards you?

                      If it includes the forum, try to ignore it because some couldn't careless about one another and are here to preach because they simply enjoy feeling superior. I know your topics are controversial so it's understandable why some of them show hostility, I would show it too if it is anything insulting and not because it's you but it would apply to any other member.

                      Some of them come on here for that entertainment. I am sure you can observe this yourself and which members it applies to.

                      People will attack your weakness and it is easier to do this online. I still don't know if you are troll or not but I will try my best to think good of you and if you are genuine don't let others pull you down, it's not your loss.

                      I somewhat agree with candyapple. Non muslims can be friendly and kind. They are only hostile because of what they are being shown constantly on the media. Muslims can lack this compassion but are up for making fun of one another instead and causing hatred all the time.

                      This doesn't apply to all. There are good and bad everywhere it just seems rare to see a caring muslim. Do people still salam others? Or is it the usual frown down the groceries and then a diss when possible?

                      I have been discriminated for being a muslim but that's what you get from groups that encourage hatred. Not from the innocent non muslims that are only being convinced of the bad. These are normal citizens that don't have power on foreign policies btw so lets leave the 'they went to war' no actually, it's not the people that chose to invade other countries.

                      Anyway, best to tell the sister in privately like I said in the rep. Nice to see that you are helping the sister and thinking about if your approach would be rude or not, that's cool. Kindness matters.

                      :jkk:
                      Last edited by Ya'sin; 31-05-16, 12:21 AM.
                      'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

                      So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Re: Is this rude?

                        I noticed that in real life if we hurt others their expression registers with us whereas when we hurt people behind a screen we seem not to have that connection and usually we defiantly continue
                        "If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

                        "Nothing protects the rights of the minority like the tyranny of the majority"

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Re: Is this rude?

                          Originally posted by candyapple View Post
                          I noticed that in real life if we hurt others their expression registers with us whereas when we hurt people behind a screen we seem not to have that connection and usually we defiantly continue
                          That's interesting.

                          I have to admit the forum can bring out the monster in you sometimes because people lack ihsaan.

                          In real life people are more civil, even if you are outspoken and angry. It's only online that people become more 'brave' and can take you down low because of that difference in connection and no body language.
                          'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

                          So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Re: Is this rude?

                            Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post
                            What are they like towards you?

                            If it includes the forum, try to ignore it because some couldn't careless about one another and are here to preach because they simply enjoy feeling superior. I know your topics are controversial so it's understandable why some of them show hostility, I would show it too if it is anything insulting and not because it's you but it would apply to any other member.

                            Some of them come on here for that entertainment. I am sure you can observe this yourself and which members it applies to.

                            People will attack your weakness and it is easier to do this online. I still don't know if you are troll or not but I will try my best to think good of you and if you are genuine don't let others pull you down, it's not your loss.

                            I somewhat agree with candyapple. Non muslims can be friendly and kind. They are only hostile because of what they are being shown constantly on the media. Muslims can lack this compassion but are up for making fun of one another instead and causing hatred all the time.

                            This doesn't apply to all. There are good and bad everywhere it just seems rare to see a caring muslim. Do people still salam others? Or is it the usual frown down the groceries and then a diss when possible?

                            I have been discriminated for being a muslim but that's what you get from groups that encourage hatred. Not from the innocent non muslims that are only being convinced of the bad. These are normal citizens that don't have power on foreign policies btw so lets leave the 'they went to war' no actually, it's not the people that chose to invade other countries.

                            Anyway, best to tell the sister in privately like I said in the rep. Nice to see that you are helping the sister and thinking about if your approach would be rude or not, that's cool. Kindness matters.

                            :jkk:
                            Most people in the community are very judgemental. It's nothing specific about me because I'm not vocal about my opinions as I'm on here.People in the community care so much about status and wealth. When I was first practicing, I left all my friends and decided to stay in the mosque more days. People would never say salam or attempt to communicate with me even when I was trying to make new friends. Everyone would run up to the imams and persons of influence and give them salam and hugs. People make the powerful feel welcome, but neglect the ones who want and need to belong. For years I would keep trying to belong and find a new home among the practicing Muslims, but they had no room for new people. You had to already have some status to feel like you belong there. I have given up now, and no longer believe in a Ummah or a community based Islam. I believe in an individual Islam.

                            Regarding Ummah Forums, I am convinced there are real monsters who use this forum and they really want to make others feel bad. I say stuff that is not popular here, but I would never try to make people feel bad. I don't think these monsters are able to destroy me mentally.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Re: Is this rude?

                              Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post
                              That's interesting.

                              I have to admit the forum can bring out the monster in you sometimes because people lack ihsaan.

                              In real life people are more civil, even if you are outspoken and angry. It's only online that people become more 'brave' and can take you down low because of that difference in connection and no body language.
                              Yea sis true, in real life we can sense when we've reached our limit, and when it may or may not be the appropriate time to say something. All that is lost online.

                              I suppose that's why it feels like people are so cold sometimes especially online there's no connection there as u put it sis
                              "If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

                              "Nothing protects the rights of the minority like the tyranny of the majority"

                              Comment

                              Collapse

                              Edit this module to specify a template to display.

                              Working...
                              X