Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How does one know if they are on the haqq?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How does one know if they are on the haqq?

:salams
    Like is their some sorta litmus test or sthn?
    [SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman][B][U][CENTER]Oh Allah, in your name, I die and live.[/CENTER][/U][/B][/FONT][/SIZE]
    [CENTER]:):lailah::lailah::lailah::lailah::)[/CENTER]

[B][CENTER]Ya Allah, Grant Me A Heart That Sees[/CENTER][/B]

Re: How does one know if they are on the haqq?

Originally posted by zantz View Post
    :salams
    Like is their some sorta litmus test or sthn?
    When asked the Prophet saw said those who follow the path I and my companions are on

THAT is the litmus test

Comment

Originally posted by nonameakhi View Post
      When asked the Prophet saw said those who follow the path I and my companions are on

THAT is the litmus test
      Obviously, but isnt it all subjective to the person who think that they are followin the prophets saw path

Im just gonna rely upon Allah to guide me coz thats all one can really hope for and Allah is sufficient
      [SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman][B][U][CENTER]Oh Allah, in your name, I die and live.[/CENTER][/U][/B][/FONT][/SIZE]

Comment

Obviously, but isnt it all subjective to the person who think that they are followin the prophets saw path

Im just gonna rely upon Allah to guide me coz thats all one can really hope for and Allah is sufficient
        Yes but the litmus test here is whether or not your understanding is in line with the understanding of the companions.

Comment

Originally posted by Akhūka View Post
          Yes but the litmus test here is whether or not your understanding is in line with the understanding of the companions.
          Wouldnt everyone make the same claim

Comment

Im pretty sure ppl from all these groups have read that hadith and nodded there heads to it as if they were on the haqq

Comment

Wouldnt everyone make the same claim
              They might claim but they need to bring proof.

Eg this whole debate on making dua to the dead, they might bring ayaat saying things like "Do not consider those killed in the way of Allah dead" and then use that to justify their position, but who among the Sahaba understood the ayah like this and who among them made dua to the dead?

Comment

Eg this whole debate on making dua to the dead, they might bring ayaat saying things like "Do not consider those killed in the way of Allah dead" and then use that to justify their position, but who among the Sahaba understood the ayah like this and who among them made dua to the dead?
                Oooo :jkk: i get that so your understanding has to be COMPLETELY in line with one of theirs.

Comment

What you quoted is used to justify not considering those passed away in way of Allah as dead. It is not a proof for anything else. So to recap IT IS a proof to say they shouldn't be considered dead, it is not a proof for talking to them (there is other proofs for that)

"Do not consider those killed in the way of Allah dead"
                  We do not, do you?

The Haqq is to not consider them dead,

The other Ayat says do not think of them as dead

The Haqq is to not think of them as dead

(There is other proofs for other things from the QuranPak, from the Blessed Prophet :saw: , from the Sahaba)

Comment

Have good intentions but do not cause hardships on yourself

Follow what there is proof for in Quran and Hadeeth

Do not make the halal haram and the haram halal, but where there is doubt err on the side of caution
                    Ya Rab! When you give me wealth, do not take away my happiness. When you give me strength, do not take away my intelligence. When you give me victory, do not take away my humility. When you give me humility, do not take away my dignity.

Comment

Oooo :jkk: i get that so your understanding has to be COMPLETELY in line with one of theirs.
                      Yes, the Prophet (Sal Allahu alayhi wa sallam) was the best of teachers, and they were the best of students, and we have numerous ayaat and ahadith testifying on their behalf. So we know that they were on the haq, and their understanding of the Quran and Sunnah was the correct understanding. Therefor, we know that if we are upon what they were upon, then we are on the haq.

Just a side note, a lot of Islamic knowledge is now organised in a very compartmentalized way which is not the way the Sahaba did things. They didn't study fiqh, aqeedah etc as separate sciences, they just learnt. But this is to help us, the inheritors of that knowledge, to understand the way they understood. Just look at Arabic grammar, they didn't have to study it, they just knew it, but then Ali had to order for it to be written down in a structured way so that others could achieve the understanding they had. Also, a lot of aqeedah is reactionary, meaning that we might say something that they did not explicitly say, but it is clear that they had that understanding. An example being the statement "The Qur'an is uncreated", this is our Aqeedah and the Aqeedah of the Sahaba, but no one had to explicitly say that until a group of people deviated by saying "The Quran is created", and so then it became necessary to respond with the explicit statement that it isn't.

The point I'm making is, while we need to ensure we have the understanding of the Sahaba, we shouldn't now say something like "The Sahabah never learnt Salah as having prerequisites, pillars, wajibaat, sunnan etc so we shouldn't learn it like this". We divide up Salah into those things to aid our understanding, but they had they same understanding - they knew that if you prayed without wudhu your prayer wasn't valid, and that if you only recited surat al fatiha when standing it was valid. So the understanding is the same, we just divided the knowledge up so that we could achieve their understanding.

wa Allahu a'alam

Comment

Akhie when you have been given clear instruction you dont ignore it

Allah swt has guided mankind by sending down Prophets and books. Allah swt has testified that Prophet saw has only said and done what is divine and for us to follow

If Prophet saw said stick to the Path I and my companions are on then its divine decree, its from Allah swt

Ultimately only Allah swt will guide, however you have to tread the path Allah swt has prescribed and ask for guidance. You cant ignore it and the complain

Comment

Originally posted by nonameakhi View Post
                          Akhie when you have been given clear instruction you dont ignore it

Allah swt has guided mankind by sending down Prophets and books. Allah swt has testified that Prophet saw has only said and done what is divine and for us to follow

If Prophet saw said stick to the Path I and my companions are on then its divine decree, its from Allah swt

Ultimately only Allah swt will guide, however you have to tread the path Allah swt has prescribed and ask for guidance. You cant ignore it and the complain
                          Ik, i wasnt ignoring it but it is what we all claim to be doing, no? So what difference does the hadith make to the way i originally thought? But it's good that after br akhuka gave a more detailed explanation and an example I get it now :jkk:

There will be people and groups who try to make you fall into following the wrong path, and they will make it seem as if they're following sahaba and the ways of the sunnah.. but when their evidence is given its either very shady or unfit to be called evidence. Like none of the sahaba danced in the masjids like the sufis from what I can recall. So then this should appear as deviance to me right?

And what about shia, they became deviant because they think abu bakr as siddiq ra should not have been caliph?

And yes, only Allah swt can guide so i seek refuge from any deviance and rely upon him for guidance. And will try to follow the rules he has set so he may have more mercy on me. May Allah swt guide us
                          Last edited by zantz; 30-05-16, 05:46 PM.

Comment

Ik, i wasnt ignoring it but it is what we all claim to be doing, no? So what difference does the hadith make to the way i originally thought? But it's good that after br akhuka gave a more detailed explanation and an example I get it now :jkk:

There will be people and groups who try to make you fall into following the wrong path, and they will make it seem as if they're following sahaba and the ways of the sunnah.. but when their evidence is given its either very shady or unfit to be called evidence. Like none of the sahaba danced in the masjids like the sufis from what I can recall. So then this should appear as deviance to me right?

And what about shia, they became deviant because they think abu bakr as siddiq ra should not have been caliph?

And yes, only Allah swt can guide so i seek refuge from any deviance and rely upon him for guidance. And will try to follow the rules he has set so he may have more mercy on me. May Allah swt guide us
                            That's not true, Some amount of dancing/movements were approved by the Prophet :saw:

Come talk to me about it, I already convinced zeeshanparvez with evidence

the reason I say talk to me about it and don't just link you to the evidence is because whatever has made you say it should be seen as deviance by you needs to be addressed

I called out both zeeshan and noname on that occasion for lying in a different thread but only zeeshan came
                            Last edited by Abu Zaheer; 30-05-16, 06:36 PM.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                            X