Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Humbling

:salams

How do you guys humble ur selves I.e keep arrogance in check ..

Often times my nafs thinks too highly of itself
    youth before your old age, your health before your sickness, your wealth before your poverty, your free time before you are preoccupied, and your life before your deathhttps://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgE...kS-Qi3nf3tcvPw

Re: Humbling

Well its a start to recognise it from yourself. I cant really give any tips because i have the same problem sometimes. I am looking forward to the replies
    يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

Apart from being bidah people Sufis are good at this stuff..
      Sufis come , we need u
      youth before your old age, your health before your sickness, your wealth before your poverty, your free time before you are preoccupied, and your life before your deathhttps://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgE...kS-Qi3nf3tcvPw

Comment

Humbling

I look in the mirror lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic Believer View Post
          I look in the mirror lol.
          Awww ur being to hard on urself ... Does it humble u?

This is the dua when looking in a mirror
          "O Allah, just as You have made my external features beautiful, make my character beautiful as well".

(Hisnul Hasin)

Comment

Originally posted by Ibn Taleb View Post
            Awww ur being to hard on urself ... Does it humble u?

This is the dua when looking in a mirror
            "O Allah, just as You have made my external features beautiful, make my character beautiful as well".

(Hisnul Hasin)
            Lol sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't.

I should really get used to saying that dua.

Comment

:wswrwb:

I want to know too actually. I feel like I'm way too arrogant :/
              "Let the days do as they please
              And be optimistic when destiny decrees
              Do not despair due to the events of the past
              For the events of this world were not meant to last"

- Imam Shafi'i

Comment

As-Salamu Alaikum
                Well, there are a couple ways that I go about dealing with it.

-Remind yourself that you're just another one of Allah's slaves, among many. Of course that doesn't me you're totally insignificant, but it gives you a good picture. If you've heard the story of Khidr; Allah mentions to Musa (Alaihi Salam) "“A slave, among My slaves at the junction of the two seas, is more knowledgeable than you.” and

"“Then found they one of Our slaves, unto whom We had given mercy from Us, and had taught him knowledge from Our presence”. (18:65)"
                I.E just remember how Allah sent one of his greatest prophets and who had the most experience with people, if you remember how troublesome the Bani Israel(Tribe or Children of Israel).

The Nabi (Sallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam) Said : “Verily, Allah is beautiful and He loves beauty. Arrogance means rejecting the truth and looking down on people.”
                It's also good to remember that you're in no place to judge someone, and the only time is when you see another with their book in their left hand and you have it in your right on the day of judgement.
                This is true because it is only Allah that knows what is in the breasts of his slaves. May Allah keep us steadfast, Ameen.

Another point is that Allah doesn't need us, be we need him. Verily He is Ar-Razzaq (The Sustainer). So we should also work hard to not only be rewarded, but to make sure that Allah Aza Wajal
                loves us as we love him back.

I often remember this: The Nabi (Sallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam) Said : “He will not enter Hellfire who has the weight of a seed of faith in his heart, and he will not enter Paradise who has the weight of a seed of arrogance in his heart.” and this given me hope. Not to mention that it's all the more reason to remind yourself to be humble.

I hope these help you guys out, Insha-Allah. May you all be rewarded with goodness and be rightly guided, Ameen.
                بَارَكَ اللّهُ لَكَ

Comment

Originally posted by Lavender View Post
                  :wswrwb:

I want to know too actually. I feel like I'm way too arrogant :/
                  How do u keep ur self in check ?

Comment

Well, it depends on why you're arrogant

Comment

Ask your family members how you should improve yourself and tell them to be honest

Arrogance is a disease of the heart.

Work for someone that you look down on. If you think you're better than a certain someone, wipe their shoes for them or something similar.
                      'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

Wash your dad's car, or vacuum your parent's house. Do some cleaning.

Sit your mum down and massage her feet for her if you don't already. Moisturise it with a nice lotion.
                        'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

:salams

How do you guys humble ur selves I.e keep arrogance in check ..

Often times my nafs thinks too highly of itself
                          Remember there was a time when people no different from you were hiding in the snowy, unfruitful mountains in winter...their fingers and toes falling off because of no shoes, cold, and frostbite. They had to eat leaves to survive to fight for their country. (Afghanistan)

Remember a time had occurred where being of a darker color in your own country meant your tormentors plunged sharpened pencils into your ears and killed your wife and daughter in front of you and this was normal...all because you wanted to see your people breathe air like a free man. (Kenya)

Remember today a man no different from yourself is homeless because in one of the most prosperous lands in the world he still makes less than a dollar a day...and because of his color police will still stop him for no reason as he walks his daughter to school. (the United States)

Remember there was a time when an old man who was once strong like you woke up one morning and literally a plane poured fire upon his people from the sky and he lived to tell the story. (Ethiopia)

Remember that a woman who sought refuge in an Arab country was humiliated for being dark colored and abused.... (Somalia)

Remember when a mother in Africa saw her child starve to death while her president spent all the foreign donations..... (many nations)

Remember a child will have surgery today in a 3rd world country and will have his limb cut off without anesthesia. He or she will scream to be killed because the pain is too much. This is NOT in a wartorn area, but in a small village. (many countries everyday)

Remember a child today, will or could have his entire world cut off just as trees are cut off to build homes. He will have everything he knew and loved denied in the pages of history and he does not exist. If he demands his right to live in his land, the way he wants too...he becomes a threat. (Brazil)

These are human stories....not Muslim stories. Chances are these people had at least some of your favorite hobbies and enjoyed the same things you do. Why do you have what you have and why did they get the treatment, the suffering they did?

Remember none of us are any better and why we are here in this world. Remember that everyone has a story of pain and that the only people who can admire themselves are those who will make it into jannah even though life was not always easy and those Allah has mercy upon.
                          Last edited by Figs; 25-05-16, 11:31 PM.
                          Thee do we worship, and Thine aid we seek.

Comment

I'm looking for ways to do that too brother but something that helps me is fasting. I don't know about other people but for me personally nothing controls my nafs like fasting does SubhanAllah. When we fast even if someone makes us angry it becomes so much easier to control. We don't even have the energy to let our pride and arrogance take over because our stomach is rumbling and our mouth is dry with thirst and it makes us realise that we have nothing to be proud of because everything is from Allah swt, otherwise we would have nothing. Ramadhan is coming which is perfect and we should make the most of it InshaaAllah. We also need to remember often that Iblees lost everything because of his pride. We don't want to end up like him at all.

May Allah swt protect us and have mercy on us ameen.
                            "Let the days do as they please
                            And be optimistic when destiny decrees
                            Do not despair due to the events of the past
                            For the events of this world were not meant to last"

- Imam Shafi'i

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                            X