Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How is your relation with your older brother(s)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How is your relation with your older brother(s)?

In some countries, when it comes to some decisions (especially approval of the spouse, marriage, etc...) brothers have to take into consideration the opinion of their brothers as well.

For example, it's a tradition in a family I know, that all the women must cover up (hijab). So one of the criteria for a potential wife is that she must wear hijab. However, this rule has been, let's say, set by the two older brothers of the family while parents don't really mind and would allow a marriage with a non hijabi. One of the two younger brothers agrees while the other one doesn't mind and would marry a non hijabi, yet he is refraining from that because he doesn't want to go against his older brothers.

It's just an example.

Wondering if it's something common.
    How is your relation with your older brothers?

Re: How is your relation with your older brother(s)?

Sounds like you are asking "how seriously do you take your older brothers rule/advice/suggestion? is it at equal level to parents or even greater?". I would say among the people I know most could care less what older brother thinks. Only if the brother is 20 year older and played the role of parents will other siblings give greater value to brothers opinion

Comment

Re: How is your relation with your older brother(s)?

He is a cool guy. Actually he's too nice makes me worried because people can take advantage of him. We are really close but the other one he is a ruthless guy,quick to anger and no one messes with him, only me:o and his gheera is unmatched. He shows all macho but I know his all soft in the inside. He acts like our main mahram and my dad is still alive, I can fully trust him to verify and choose for me a potential. I'm close to all of them esp the younger ones.
      '' WE LIVE IN AN INTERESTING TIME, WHERE THE 'ILM (KNOWLEDGE) OF A PERSON IS JUDGED BY HOW FAMOUS THE PERSON IS.''

- IMAM ANWAR AL 'AWLAQI.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
      X