the keffiya (head piece) vs the turban

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the keffiya (head piece) vs the turban

this is something that confuses me, but why do men/shiekhs where the imama loosely around their head instead of wrapping it? the reason why im asking is, the Messenger alahyisalatiwasallaam used to wrap it, so if someone is wearing it to follow his sunnah, wouldnt they as well wrap it? I know that its part of saudi culture, hence why they would wear it in the gulf nations, but from a religious perspective (for people who arent from there), shouldn't it be done as the Prophet did? And I say religious perspective because men wear it when going to the mosques to pray or religious events, and not on a day to day basis because they happen to like it. So because they have a religious motive for it, wouldnt be better to do it as per the sunnah ( white clothes, turban, cap underneath)?

by the way I have no problem with what anyone wears, Im just curious as to why, Im not attacking or anything like that
    Last edited by hadmatter; 18-05-16, 07:16 PM.
    Allah sent down his tranquillity upon him and supported him with angels you did not see and made the word of those who disbelieved the lowest, while the word of Allah - that is the highest. And Allah is Exalted in Might and Wise.

Re: the keffiya (head piece) vs the turban

personal preference

Comment

Originally posted by Abu Jarir View Post
      personal preference
      yh, but why would everyone personal preference be the same?
      Allah sent down his tranquillity upon him and supported him with angels you did not see and made the word of those who disbelieved the lowest, while the word of Allah - that is the highest. And Allah is Exalted in Might and Wise.

Comment

Originally posted by hadmatter View Post
        No hence it is personal
        يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

I personally think its cultural sis
          يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

Originally posted by aynina View Post
            I personally think its cultural sis
            I know its cultural sis, i was just wondering why other muslims picked up on it? at the end of the day its just clothes so as long as its halal ppl can wear whatever, BUT, if people are doing it for religious purposes (which you cant deny a lot of people do hence why they wear it to masajid) I think its better to dress as what is actually sunnah in the first place

Comment

I dont know they just feel like it why does everyone wear polo shirts and t-shirts? It's the same thing

Comment

I know its cultural sis, i was just wondering why other muslims picked up on it? at the end of the day its just clothes so as long as its halal ppl can wear whatever, BUT, if people are doing it for religious purposes (which you cant deny a lot of people do hence why they wear it to masajid) I think its better to dress as what is actually sunnah in the first place
                Yes true but i dont know what hats are sunnah and which arent, are those crocheted hats something the prophet saws wore? Or is the sunnah just to put something on ur head... is a baseball cap sunnah

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

Originally posted by Abu Jarir View Post
                  I dont know they just feel like it why does everyone wear polo shirts and t-shirts? It's the same thing
                  The thing is if someine atributes something to islam that is not originally from it then it could be a bidah

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

Two points:

1) Not everything that the messenger (Sal Allahu alayhi wa sallam) did is Sunnah, rather some things may have been the custom of the Arabs at the time.

2) The reason you will see sheikhs, students of knowledge and religious Muslims in general dress in a certain way in certain places is usually because that culturally, that style is the "dress-code" for the people of Religion in that area. It's not that what they are wearing is from the Sunnah per say, but it's just the style of clothing adopted by the Muslims in that area.

Comment

Originally posted by Akhūka View Post
                      Two points:

1) Not everything that the messenger (Sal Allahu alayhi wa sallam) did is Sunnah, rather some things may have been the custom of the Arabs at the time.

2) The reason you will see sheikhs, students of knowledge and religious Muslims in general dress in a certain way in certain places is usually because that culturally, that style is the "dress-code" for the people of Religion in that area. It's not that what they are wearing is from the Sunnah per say, but it's just the style of clothing adopted by the Muslims in that area.
                      good point about the dress code. I know that not all people see clothing as a virtuous sunnah, but i was pointing out, if you dress in a way different than how you usually dress it would make for sense. But the dresscode thing makes sense to now that mentioned

Comment

Originally posted by aynina View Post
                        Yes true but i dont know what hats are sunnah and which arent, are those crocheted hats something the prophet saws wore? Or is the sunnah just to put something on ur head... is a baseball cap sunnah
                        wel he did say, wear a cap under your imamah to distinguish from mushrikin, so it must have been similar to thoses crocheted ones your speaking about

Comment

wel he did say, wear a cap under your imamah to distinguish from mushrikin, so it must have been similar to thoses crocheted ones your speaking about
                          Oh i didnt know that
                          SubhanAllah it was just the other day i was trying to find out what hats are sunnah and which arent. And u make a thread about it now hehe

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

Working...
                          X