Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fruit and Water - and When To Eat and Drink

Salaam,

I am interested to now how often you eat fruit, and which ones are your favourite (and why ? i.e for a particular health reason, taste etc)

Additionally, I have heard various things about when and when not to eat fruit and/or drink water. Sometimes it's suggested after meals, sometimes before, other people tend to have these things with their main meal.

According to your knowledge, is it best to consume fruit / water on an empty stomach, a half one or a full one?

Jazakallah khair.

يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

Re: Fruit and Water - and When To Eat and Drink

I drink 2 glasses of water when I get up.
      1 for morning break.
      1 before lunch.
      1 for afternoon break.
      1 before dinner.
      Almost never during my meals but always first my meals.

Fruits only for breaks or breakfast and sometimes if I go to bed late, as a break before sleeping. Never after lunch or dinner, it makes me so sleepy!
      Usually apples, bananas, kiwi, oranges. But it depends on the season. I like all type of fruits :)

Comment

I usually eat fruit during the day whilst at work and have a meal when I get home... I drink about 2 litres of water and also drink green tea

Typically fruit consumption during the day is probably
        2 bananas
        Quarter Cantelupe
        3 clementines
        Handful of strawberries
        Handful of grapes
        An apple

I don't eat in the morning I never feel hungry.. Cup of coffee that's it
        Say what you wish in abuse of me, for my silence towards the idiot is indeed an answer. I am not at a loss for a response, but rather it does not befit the lion to answer the dogs

~ IMAM SHAFI'I RH

Comment

I suggest if you're the sort of person who skips breakfast, then have some fruit instead or a fruit smoothie. My dietician suggested I start the day with fruits. I now choose fruits not just based on taste, but based on tolerance cos' I have a lot of food intolerance to stuff like kiwi, pineapple, peaches, plums, grapes, pommegranite, oranges and a few others.

So the ones I tolerate well are blueberries, bananas, lemon, lime and sharon fruit and the ones I tolerate in small doses are cantaloupe, mango, pear and now I can have a tiny bit of apple whereas a few years ago, apples made my throat close up.

Anyway I used to start the day with banana and blueberry smoothie made with cashew milk (now I'm intolerance to cashews and most dried fruits) and sometimes I took it out with me to keep me going when out shopping cos' of my intolerances I couldn't eat much outside food from restaurants or cafes etc. Oh yeah and you can incorporate fruit in breakfast as well like I used to make a really nice apple porridge (trust me cos' I used to hate porridge until I tried this). You start by frying half a chopped apple in half a teaspoon of ghee or butter, then pour on maple syrup to taste and the house smells amazing, then add the oats and milk (or I preferred oat milk) and cook it down until the oats are soft, it takes minutes to make and tastes really good. Or you can have pancakes/crepes with blueberries and creme fraiche of vanilla yogurt.

As for water, you don't need two litres a day unless it's a heat wave or you're in a REALLY hot country. I drink water with my meals but my dad says his digestion has improved since he decided not to have water with meals but at other times of day. He starts the day with a glass of warm water with fresh lemon juice and cinnamon and apparently the World Health Organisation say that's a great start to the day. People in Pakistan have a similar drink made with limes called skanjavin.

Wow Hannah you like your fruits!
          The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

I don't know why, but i don't eat fruit and water i sip all day long. I love veggies though.

Comment

You can put sweet fruits in an ice lolly if you like. I did that the other day. According to river cottage, they make several lollies with just blended fruit and icing sugar.
              The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
              X