Ruling on beard at 17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ruling on beard at 17

Salam, I have a beard which I am growing out, I am currently going through exams (make dua for me please) and will be returning to school for my final year. My question is, is a beard compulsory for someone who is not yet an adult?, I would like to trim it slightly as the hair growth is not straight and is a little but curly and itchy and I have to scratch it occasionally, so would a small trim be permissible? Considering I am not yet an adult, and I will definitely grow it out once I do reach that stage.

Re: Ruling on beard at 17

Originally posted by Hamza33 View Post
    Salam, I have a beard which I am growing out, I am currently going through exams (make dua for me please) and will be returning to school for my final year. My question is, is a beard compulsory for someone who is not yet an adult?, I would like to trim it slightly as the hair growth is not straight and is a little but curly and itchy and I have to scratch it occasionally, so would a small trim be permissible? Considering I am not yet an adult, and I will definitely grow it out once I do reach that stage.
    Salaam

if u have reached puberty (pubic hair in your privates,etc) than u are an adult ... do what you like , keep it short but dont shave it because thats haraam ...

and obviously its better if you grow it out but cutting it short beats shaving at least its not haraam...

sorry to be crude ... ive got exams too :D
    The Prophet (saw) advised to: “Take benefit of five before five: Your youth before your old age, your health before your sickness, your wealth before your poverty, your free time before you are preoccupied, and your life before your death
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgE...kS-Qi3nf3tcvPw

Comment

with 17 and already starting to have a beard ....
      I am almost 27 and I can really count the amount of hair on my cheeks ,although I am middle eastern ,but no beard in sight

Comment

Wasalam

In Islam once you have gone past puberty you are an adult.

There is a great reward in keeping the beard, is it not a fashion item. I don't think scratching is an excuse to cut it. If it is more than a fist length then you can cut up to a fist length.

Comment

Originally posted by nocturnalman View Post
          with 17 and already starting to have a beard ....
          I am almost 27 and I can really count the amount of hair on my cheeks ,although I am middle eastern ,but no beard in sight
          I've outgrown all my peers facial hair wise, it's more of less completely in. Started at 15. Thankfully I don't spend on razors like my friends :)

Comment

Reaching adulthood at 18 is western idea and has no basis in Islam.
            Winning an argument doesn't mean you're on truth, losing an argument doesn't mean you're on falsehood.

Comment

Originally posted by Ibn Taleb View Post
              Salaam

if u have reached puberty (pubic hair in your privates,etc) than u are an adult ... do what you like , keep it short but dont shave it because thats haraam ...

and obviously its better if you grow it out but cutting it short beats shaving at least its not haraam...

Cutting it shorter than fist-length isn't allowed either, no?

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic Believer View Post
                It's allowed but there is deference of opinion on it .... letting it grow out past a fist length is better no doubt and fist length is fine too

Anything is better than shaving it which is haraam
                Last edited by Ibn Taleb; 15-05-16, 11:26 PM.
                The Prophet (saw) advised to: “Take benefit of five before five: Your youth before your old age, your health before your sickness, your wealth before your poverty, your free time before you are preoccupied, and your life before your death

Comment

Leave it akhi, it will stop itching soon in sha Allah.

Comment

I've outgrown all my peers facial hair wise, it's more of less completely in. Started at 15. Thankfully I don't spend on razors like my friends :)
                    Oh yeah and if it's itching at he root that probly me a its not hydrated enough and its dry .. Buy cocunot oil , almond oil, argan oil , juba juba oil , etc

The sunnah is olive oil ..

Maintiang yor beard is a sunnah

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic Believer View Post
                      Originally posted by Ibn Taleb View Post
                      Salaam

Yeah it isn't.
                      You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

You follow your scholar's qiyās, and I will follow the Qur'ān and Sunnah.

Comment

Working...
                      X