Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keeping the beard ,even if its thin and sparse

Salam brothers ,

I have a quick question : Is keeping a beard that is sparse and partially patchy also sunnah wajib ? I am more caucasian looking that middle eastern
    and therefore I dont have dense beard growth ,people need like 8 hours to get a 5 o Clock shadow and I need a month for the hair to show up on my cheeks.
    My goatee is pretty dense.But when I grow my beard for like 3 Months ,it gets a shape but not like the everyday beard you see and I get the feeling that
    it makes me look unkept because my hair is thin on the cheeks.

So the question is ,is it still compulsory to not shave it off and leave it as it is ? As mentioned ,my goatee is dense but my cheeks very very thin in hair

Re: Keeping the beard ,even if its thin and sparse

'To not shave it off'

Where does the concept of shaving even come into the picture?

Yes, it's obligatory, it's haraam to shave.
    You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

You follow your scholar's qiyās, and I will follow the Qur'ān and Sunnah.

Comment

Originally posted by Linkdeutscher View Post
      'To not shave it off'

Where does the concept of shaving even come into the picture?

Yes, it's obligatory, it's haraam to shave.
      thanks for your reply ,I guess you speak German ,which I do too.

The thing is that everytime I went to for a job interview they said I have to shave everything on my face too look "clean".
      So I thought maybe ,why should I put myself in hardship because of a few hair on my cheeks

Comment

Wassalam brother,

Your beard is fine as it is, dont worry it wouldnt look untidy if its sparse.

You can shave partially on the cheeks and thats it, all solved.
        “Mix with the noble people, you become one of them; and keep away from evil people so that you protect yourself from their evils.”

Hadhrat Ali (Radiallahu anhu)

Comment

There was a sahabah, I cannot remember his name who could only grow a few hairs on his chin and Rasoolullaah (Sallallahu alayhi wa salam) still rebuked him when he shaved them off, so grow whatever you can and that is sufficient, don't look for excuses to shave the beard.
          FOLLOW THE NEW BLOG - GINGERBEARDMAN - Muslim, father, husband, writer, defender of ginger rights!

www.facebook.com/outreach4Islam - Outreach4Islam have been working together in Leicester, calling the not yet Muslims to Islam since 2006.

Comment

Originally posted by nocturnalman View Post
            thanks for your reply ,I guess you speak German ,which I do too.

The thing is that everytime I went to for a job interview they said I have to shave everything on my face too look "clean".
            So I thought maybe ,why should I put myself in hardship because of a few hair on my cheeks
            Ja, aber das ist gar keine gueltige Ausrede sich zu rasieren.
            You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

You follow your scholar's qiyās, and I will follow the Qur'ān and Sunnah.

Comment

Originally posted by Gingerbeardman View Post
              There was a sahabah, I cannot remember his name who could only grow a few hairs on his chin and Rasoolullaah (Sallallahu alayhi wa salam) still rebuked him when he shaved them off, so grow whatever you can and that is sufficient, don't look for excuses to shave the beard.
              Actually I hate shaving ,I see no logical reason behind it.It gives me razor burns (even when I use a trimmer).And the skin of the people who can grow dense beards
              just looks weird when they shave ,I mean why do they see facial hair as "dirt" ? Get a clean look they say ,what a joke.

Comment

Originally posted by nocturnalman View Post
                Salam brothers ,

I have a quick question : Is keeping a beard that is sparse and partially patchy also sunnah wajib ? I am more caucasian looking that middle eastern
                and therefore I dont have dense beard growth ,people need like 8 hours to get a 5 o Clock shadow and I need a month for the hair to show up on my cheeks.
                My goatee is pretty dense.But when I grow my beard for like 3 Months ,it gets a shape but not like the everyday beard you see and I get the feeling that
                it makes me look unkept because my hair is thin on the cheeks.

So the question is ,is it still compulsory to not shave it off and leave it as it is ? As mentioned ,my goatee is dense but my cheeks very very thin in hair
                shaving is haraam .. and masha Allah that you are following this sunnah ... keep it up and may Allah make u steadfast

the most important thing is not to look middle eastern but to look like a muslim
                The Prophet (saw) advised to: “Take benefit of five before five: Your youth before your old age, your health before your sickness, your wealth before your poverty, your free time before you are preoccupied, and your life before your death
                https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgE...kS-Qi3nf3tcvPw

Comment

Working...
                X