Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cannot concentrate or be motivated..advice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot concentrate or be motivated..advice?

Re: Cannot concentrate or be motivated..advice?

Originally posted by zeagirl View Post
    Like in when you try to read you cannot keep the pages or pass them but don't remember what you were reading? Do you have enough rest?

Comment

Just speaking from personal experience, I notice a direct correlation between the quality of my Salah/amount of Quran I read in a day and how productive I am. Also I notice that when I am committing more sins, I become less productive.

Another piece of generic advice - organise whatever work you are doing into 20 minute chunks followed by 5 minute breaks using the timer on your phone. Even if you are really into it at the end of the 20 minutes stop, have the break, and start again afterwards. You might find you are able to do more and hold your concentration longer this way.

Comment

Originally posted by mab View Post
        Like in when you try to read you cannot keep the pages or pass them but don't remember what you were reading? Do you have enough rest?
        ive been busy with work and exams recently, i just cant bring myself to look at my revision and i procrastinate instead astagfurAllah

Comment

Originally posted by zeagirl View Post
          ive been busy with work and exams recently, i just cant bring myself to look at my revision and i procrastinate instead astagfurAllah
          If I may suggest, apart from what [MENTION=137288]Akhūka[/MENTION] already said, do take some rest, do something different before starting to work on your revisions, and then set yourself small goals, ones you can easily complete. Let say, do this small task or read these two pages. Take another small break. And increase slowly the difficulty of the tasks and decrease the number of breaks.

Also, do not stay late if you can avoid it and keep your timetable as usual: lunch, meetings, whatever

Comment

Working...
          X