Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can a bank telling manager support a family?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Can a bank telling manager support a family?

I don't think working in a bank is halal because of the riba, unless you can find a job in an Islamic bank.
    Narrated Anas:
    The Prophet (ﷺ) said, "None of you will have faith till he wishes for his (Muslim) brother what he likes for himself." [Bukhari]

Comment

Originally posted by ms.muslimah View Post
      I don't think working in a bank is halal because of the riba, unless you can find a job in an Islamic bank.
      but sister, I have serious doubts that I can work at an Islamic bank, as there are very few Muslims here in Atlanta, and despite there being Islamic banks, there aren't any job openings and not even that many employees to begin with....what should I do?

Comment

Originally posted by Striving for Janna View Post
        but sister, I have serious doubts that I can work at an Islamic bank, as there are very few Muslims here in Atlanta, and despite there being Islamic banks, there aren't any job openings and not even that many employees to begin with....what should I do?
        Do you have to work in a bank akhi?
        Narrated Anas:
        The Prophet (ﷺ) said, "None of you will have faith till he wishes for his (Muslim) brother what he likes for himself." [Bukhari]

Comment

Originally posted by ms.muslimah View Post
          Do you have to work in a bank akhi?
          I guess not......but I would LIKE to work in an Islamic bank.......I enjoy dealing with money..... I just can't find anything that interests me AND is a USEFUL major, besides business related fields....

Comment

If you are interested in business related field that deals with money (do you like physically handling money as in cashier or dealing with financial numbers).. what about

Accounting --> while you study you can start working in bookkeeping in non-haram companies as in companies not dealing with riba or alcohol or anything bad.
            Management --> while you are studying you can work in any type of retail or fast food area which will allow you to move up the ladder. Cashier job is just like teller job and you have more place to move up if you put time in

Are you in Atlanta or outside? I believe Atlanta has decent, if not large, Muslim population & is one of the "hot" location to move to in USA. The little bit I know of Georgia, there is a strong Textile, nonwoven, carpet type industry which are halal in most case. Try getting a job in those areas. Of course IT is getting lot of momentum there if you like computer plus there is CNN & Coke .. Information system management would be a good area to focus on.

Comment

Originally posted by Kya View Post
              If you are interested in business related field that deals with money (do you like physically handling money as in cashier or dealing with financial numbers).. what about

Accounting --> while you study you can start working in bookkeeping in non-haram companies as in companies not dealing with riba or alcohol or anything bad.
              Management --> while you are studying you can work in any type of retail or fast food area which will allow you to move up the ladder. Cashier job is just like teller job and you have more place to move up if you put time in

Are you in Atlanta or outside? I believe Atlanta has decent, if not large, Muslim population & is one of the "hot" location to move to in USA. The little bit I know of Georgia, there is a strong Textile, nonwoven, carpet type industry which are halal in most case. Try getting a job in those areas. Of course IT is getting lot of momentum there if you like computer plus there is CNN & Coke .. Information system management would be a good area to focus on.
              how do I find a company that does not deal with riba or alcohol? do I have to look for one owned by a Muslim? or something else?

Comment

Originally posted by Striving for Janna View Post
                how do I find a company that does not deal with riba or alcohol? do I have to look for one owned by a Muslim? or something else?
                IT doesn't have to be owned by Muslim. Riba only applies to Financial institution and Alcohol only applies to food industry. Outside of those two industry, there are million of area you can focus on. Look at where the company makes profit from.

Comment

Working...
                X