• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Parents with Somali girls vs parents with Somali boys

Same with lots of Arab cultures too

Comment

Nope, it's not generalization. Generalization don't exist among most generation x/new Somalis. The ones don't share the similar traits only exist among the minority.

She is correct. Somali men are beta and women are the real alpha, there are almost zero role model among Somali males nowadays. The pure alpha men died out around the 5th/6th generation, today, they're too beta, weak, effeminate and submissive while women are alpha, does all the work, lifting and carrying the family. The men still have the youthful mentality.

Comment

Originally posted by zi-zizou View Post
        I got the impression that the option to work was for the time when the mess hits the fan. From here at least (UF) I got the impression women who are working before getting married are not that keen on working once married. If that is the case then the likelihood is that you have spent so much time out of the market that it's difficult to get back in to what you want or had before, of course its dependant on your skills and experience. But generally, the longer you are out of the race it's harder to get back in.

However, the time spent learning and applying knowledge is not a bad thing, it can always be utilised in other ways too.
        Most working women are not keen on working once they have kids until the kids start school. That is 5 years, depends on how many kids one has. Most assume, they will get knocked up right after marriage. Hence the word marriage/motherhood are used interchangeably by most sisters. I don't know of any sister who quit her job just because she was married. Of course some sisters relocate & finding new job is not easy.

True one can not go back to the same level they were & gap does make it difficult. But having some experience before taking leave makes it easier to come back to.

Comment

This isn't restricted to the Somali culture. I'd even argue that we (Somali sisters) have it easy compared to other cultures, not that it makes it any better.
          Anyway it doesn't just come down to the parenting, or else these issues wouldn't be so prevalent. I think [MENTION=130730]Rumaysah~[/MENTION] explained it well wAllahu A'lam

Comment

Working...
          X