Stress relief stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stress relief stuff

Salaam guys hope your all doing good. Ok so can you suggest Islamic and non Islamic methods to relax your mind and kinda like a stress free detox thing.

What kind of stuff you lot do, what works for you and just in general practical ways to relax the mind etc, things you can do at home and stuff like that as I'm not able to randomly just go out due to my home situation/responsibilities etc.

Jazakallah khair.

Re: Stress relief stuff

:wswrwb:

I just eat :1popcorn: and sleep

lol

-Sometimes listening to recitations can really put you at ease.
    -Gentle exercises like Pilates just to calm you down.
    -Listening to nature sounds like birds, rain, it has a soothing effect. A nice massage, but someone would have to do it for you, my little nephew enjoys this (lol) not sure what he is stressed about :scratch: (tbh kids do get stressed too, people need to know this)
    -Painting.
    -Looking out of the window, I like this. If you have a telescope maybe star gaze? It's so wonderful and calming
    -Bubble bath. Treat yourself. I don't really have bubble baths but the aroma (depending on what bubble bath you use) and the steam can help to make you feel better. It's relaxing.
    'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

Lol I so knew you would say eat and sleep gurl lol. Hmm yeah good suggestions it's just I'm so limited at home due to stuff going on. I would love to have a telescope and stargaze it's so totally my thing but I would need to buy one first lol.

Yep staring out the window is something I do often, it's relaxing :)

Thank for the suggestions x

Comment

read quran really loud like no ones there then take a nap :D
        youth before your old age, your health before your sickness, your wealth before your poverty, your free time before you are preoccupied, and your life before your deathhttps://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgE...kS-Qi3nf3tcvPw

Comment

Stress relief stuff

-Turn off all the lights and dont even look at tv monitors/screens

-Sleep

-Quran

-Sleep

-intense cardio
          [SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman][B][U][CENTER]Oh Allah, in your name, I die and live.[/CENTER][/U][/B][/FONT][/SIZE]
          [CENTER]:):lailah::lailah::lailah::lailah::)[/CENTER]

[B][CENTER]Ya Allah, Grant Me A Heart That Sees[/CENTER][/B]

Comment

Originally posted by zantz View Post
            -Turn off all the lights and dont even look at tv monitors/screens

-Sleep

-Quran

-Sleep

-intense cardio
            Intense cardio yeah that'll knock me out in 2 seconds lol. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by muslimah4life1 View Post
              Salaam guys hope your all doing good. Ok so can you suggest Islamic and non Islamic methods to relax your mind and kinda like a stress free detox thing.

What kind of stuff you lot do, what works for you and just in general practical ways to relax the mind etc, things you can do at home and stuff like that as I'm not able to randomly just go out due to my home situation/responsibilities etc.

Jazakallah khair.
              -The Messenger of Allaah, sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam, said:
              “There is no-one who is afflicted by distress and grief, and says:
              ‘Allaahumma inni ‘abduka ibn ‘abdika ibn amatika naasyati bi yadika, maadhin fiyya hukmuka,
              ‘adlun fiyya qadhaa’uka. As’aluka bi kulli ismin huwa laka sammayta bihi nafsaka aw anzaltahu
              fi kitaabika aw ‘allamtahu ahadan min khalqika aw ista’tharta bihi fi ‘ilmil-ghaybi ‘indaka
              an taj’al al-Qur’aana rabee’a qalbi wa noor sadri wa jalaa’ huzni wa thihaab hammi
              [O Allaah, I am Your slave, son of Your slave, son of Your female slave; my forelock is
              in Your hand, Your command over me is forever executed and Your decree over me is just.
              I ask You by every name belonging to You which You have named Yourself with, or revealed
              in Your Book, or You taught to any of Your creation, or You have preserved in the knowledge
              of the Unseen with You, that You make the Qur’aan the life of my heart and the light of my breast,
              and a departure for my sorrow and a release for my anxiety],’ but Allaah will take away his distress
              and grief, and replace it with joy.” 27

He was asked: “O Messenger of Allaah, should we learn this?” He said: “Of course; everyone who hears it
              should learn it.”
              Each person has inside a basic decency and goodness. If he listens to it and acts on it, he is giving a great deal of what it is the world needs most. It is not complicated but it takes courage. It takes courage for a person to listen to his own goodness and act on it.

Comment

Originally posted by eesa the kiwi View Post
                -The Messenger of Allaah, sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam, said:
                “There is no-one who is afflicted by distress and grief, and says:
                ‘Allaahumma inni ‘abduka ibn ‘abdika ibn amatika naasyati bi yadika, maadhin fiyya hukmuka,
                ‘adlun fiyya qadhaa’uka. As’aluka bi kulli ismin huwa laka sammayta bihi nafsaka aw anzaltahu
                fi kitaabika aw ‘allamtahu ahadan min khalqika aw ista’tharta bihi fi ‘ilmil-ghaybi ‘indaka
                an taj’al al-Qur’aana rabee’a qalbi wa noor sadri wa jalaa’ huzni wa thihaab hammi
                [O Allaah, I am Your slave, son of Your slave, son of Your female slave; my forelock is
                in Your hand, Your command over me is forever executed and Your decree over me is just.
                I ask You by every name belonging to You which You have named Yourself with, or revealed
                in Your Book, or You taught to any of Your creation, or You have preserved in the knowledge
                of the Unseen with You, that You make the Qur’aan the life of my heart and the light of my breast,
                and a departure for my sorrow and a release for my anxiety],’ but Allaah will take away his distress
                and grief, and replace it with joy.” 27

He was asked: “O Messenger of Allaah, should we learn this?” He said: “Of course; everyone who hears it
                should learn it.”
                Jazakallah khair it's a beautiful dua but forget to read it at times. Btw do you know the correct wording to use for female? I remember a brother posted this dua for what females should say but I can't remember the thread title and which brother it was.
                Last edited by muslimah4life1; 06-05-16, 11:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by muslimah4life1 View Post
                  Jazakallah khair it's a beautiful dua but forget to read it at times. Btw do you know the correct wording to use for female? I remember a brother posted this dua for what females should say but I can't remember the thread title and which brother it was.
                  http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...ef-and-anxiety
                  Each person has inside a basic decency and goodness. If he listens to it and acts on it, he is giving a great deal of what it is the world needs most. It is not complicated but it takes courage. It takes courage for a person to listen to his own goodness and act on it.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                  X