My parents think I'm crazy or possessed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My parents think I'm crazy or possessed

I basically told them I'm dropping out of college to pursue a business that I started. Ever since, they stopped relating with me normally. They look at me like I need help everytime I talk to them normally. Advice? It's been going on for months now.

wat business?

Did you explain to them what it was?
    [SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman][B][U][CENTER]Oh Allah, in your name, I die and live.[/CENTER][/U][/B][/FONT][/SIZE]
    [CENTER]:):lailah::lailah::lailah::lailah::)[/CENTER]

[B][CENTER]Ya Allah, Grant Me A Heart That Sees[/CENTER][/B]

Comment

Did you even talk with them about this?
      You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

You follow your scholar's qiyās, and I will follow the Qur'ān and Sunnah.

Comment

Don't worry just last night I told my mom I'm dropping out of university (im at the end of my second year) and now she think I'm going through this crisis. The best thing I can advise is to just to sit down and talk about why you want to drop out and explain to them that sometimes education isn't for everyone. They just what's best for you. And if that doesn't work then just ignore them and do what makes you happy.

Comment

Re: My parents think I'm crazy or possessed

I started a huge restaurant in Los Angeles.

I did explain, they are mad that I dropped out of college to do this.

Comment

Originally posted by hassan246 View Post
            I started a huge restaurant in Los Angeles.

I did explain, they are mad that I dropped out of college to do this.
            are they cultural?

like "you have brought shame upon the family", "this is a dishonour"

ok lol I'll stop but yeah, are they cultural?
            https://www.ummah.com/forum/forum/lo...-qur-an-courseI am just a simple nomad.

Ephemeral reader

Comment

bro, get the hell out of your house and find somewhwere else to stay!!!

too much of that stuff from your parents and you really could start to go crazy so get out fast man and dont expose yourself to that anymore!!!

it's a shame that your parents have turned to that type of manipulative dehumanising attitude, but this is the problem with some uneducated people [I'm assuming they grew up in some village in 3rd world country without a proper education?] :(; the shaytan easily gets them people and they can do heinous evil for an uneducated mind is the shaytans breeding ground! :(

ps; when you are totally independent of your parents then they wont treat you like that anymore for they know you can stop seeing them

Comment

:salams:

Your parents just want whats best for you. They might not be looking at you crazy but maybe with concern. Dropping out of uni to start a business isn't particularly the safest thing to do. They are your parent so they want the best for you.

The best thing is to sit down with them and explain that you dropped out of uni to take a risk (a big one) and iron out their concern.

Originally posted by Slave of Rehman View Post
                bro, get the hell out of your house and find somewhwere else to stay!!!

too much of that stuff from your parents and you really could start to go crazy so get out fast man and dont expose yourself to that anymore!!!

it's a shame that your parents have turned to that type of manipulative dehumanising attitude, but this is the problem with some uneducated people [I'm assuming they grew up in some village in 3rd world country without a proper education?] :(; the shaytan easily gets them people and they can do heinous evil for an uneducated mind is the shaytans breeding ground! :(

ps; when you are totally independent of your parents then they wont treat you like that anymore for they know you can stop seeing them
                Dreadful advise. Dont do the above. His lack of respect for parents is shown through his language.
                Believe none of what you hear, and only half of what you see.

Comment

Is their concern due to monetary issues?

Comment

Originally posted by InTheBegining View Post
                    :salams:

Your parents just want whats best for you. They might not be looking at you crazy but maybe with concern. Dropping out of uni to start a business isn't particularly the safest thing to do. They are your parent so they want the best for you.

The best thing is to sit down with them and explain that you dropped out of uni to take a risk (a big one) and iron out their concern.

Dreadful advise. Dont do the above. His lack of respect for parents is shown through his language.
                    it's been going on for months

they must know that to continuously treat a person like that can make him really think he's crazy [this is how a person goes crazy, by starting to believe that he's crazy] and no matter how mad they are, they have no right to try deprive him of his human dignity for that is what mental illness does

if parents become that 'evil' get the hell out' that's what I say! :D

Comment

My parents think I am crazily possessive!
                      CONTROLLING MY CONTROL FREAK ATTITUDE!
                      Its hard.............................................. ...

Comment

Working...
                      X