Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

please give me some tips to overcome my habit of biting nails!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• please give me some tips to overcome my habit of biting nails!

assalam aliakum and alo everyone!

i have this really bad habit of biting nails. i have absolutely no idea why i do that. i just find myself doing it.......like magic...(no its not)

i dont remember what i was doing last ramadan about it but i dont know if i keep doing that this time my fasts might not be valid. i want to stop it anyway, i mean not just for ramadan.

any good advice?

Re: please give me some tips to overcome my habit of biting nails!

get some dhikr Beads and anytime you get the urge to bit your nails do dhikr of Allah,you don't necessary need beads you can use your hands,deep breathes will doing Dhikr helps and should prevent you from leaving this habit (insha Allah )

Comment

Keep your nails always trimmed. You can't bite your nails if there isn't anything to bite.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic Believer View Post
        Keep your nails always trimmed. You can't bite your nails if there isn't anything to bite.
        this

لا تفكر كثيرا
        بل استغفر كثيرا

-------------------------------------------------------
        The children need your prayers more than anyone else
        -------------------------------------------------------
        www.inheritorsofquran.wordpress.com

Comment

I used to have it too and I ahven't completely stopped but progress is there, like now I just bite my nails when I'm stressed or so

but the way I stopped biting my nails was just simply discipline
          [CENTER][B][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=4]SAY[/SIZE][/FONT] [/B] : :ahb: [COLOR="#FFA07A"]◼️ [/COLOR] :lailah: [COLOR="#FFA07A"]◼️[/COLOR] :jkk: [COLOR="#FFA07A"]◼️[/COLOR] :insha: [COLOR="#FFA07A"]◼️[/COLOR]:aku_astaghfirullah:[COLOR="#FFA07A"]◼️ [/COLOR]:shahadah:[COLOR="#FFA07A"]◼️[/COLOR][/CENTER]

Comment

Good suggestions particularly cutting your fingernails.

Gloves? Coloring on your fingertips? Henna?

Having a Money jar everytime you do it you have to pay?

Be busier so you dont have free time to do that because that comes from being idle?

Imagine your fingers to be like a snake or something creepy everytime. (this could have an adverse effect)

Everytime you do it do 1 pushup

Stop yourself and say an ayah.

Pretend your future husband is watching you

Wear lipstick

Wear niqab (hehehehe)

Thats my suggestions. İts a stress behavior which means you need to replace it with something else, some other stress habit will form in its stead. Be patient you cant quit these things overnight but finding the right trick will stop it faster. Didnt your mom ever scold you for that? İn my culture its scolded if you are like older than 5.

Comment

Think of all the gross bacteria that are under your fingernails.

Comment

please give me some tips to overcome my habit of biting nails!

[MENTION=78167]Ni'mah[/MENTION] I see that you had the same experience.
                “Have you seen he who has taken as his god his [own] desire, and Allah has sent him astray due to knowledge and has set a seal upon his hearing and his heart and put over his vision a veil? So who will guide him after Allah ? Then will you not be reminded? And they say, “There is not but our worldly life; we die and live, and nothing destroys us except time.” And they have of that no knowledge; they are only assuming.” Quran 45:23-24

Comment

Chew gum or something else for now to get rid of the addiction
                  Keep ur hands away from ur face
                  Bite on ur teeth with nothing inside your mouth instead :/ not hard tho
                  If you are biting your nails to cope with something like stress find other ways to deal with it
                  You can stroke your fingers or do something else with your hands :rotfl: I use one nail to scratch or flick another nail :|

I don't get what's so good about biting nails cuz nails are hard to bite and isn't even crunchy or tasty chew some nuts instead :/

Ignore the pictures but good tips so read
                  http://www.xovain.com/nails/quit-nai...ng-in-10-steps

Ooooooooo put some neem oil or sth bitter on ur nails so u stop
                  http://www.top10homeremedies.com/how...il-biting.html
                  Originally posted by obaid_m View Post
                  [MENTION=78167]Ni'mah[/MENTION] I see that you had the same experience.
                  Irrelevant comment smh
                  Last edited by Qiyamah; 29-04-16, 06:55 PM. Reason: Autocorrect T_T put need instead of neem
                  “Do not commit injustice, because injustice is darkness on the Day of Judgment." (Sahih Muslim)
                  They will say, "Had we but listened or used our intelligence, we would not be among the companions of the Blazing Fire." Qur'an 67:10 💚💙💜

Comment

Solid answer

Comment

Originally posted by Qiyamah View Post

Irrelevant comment smh
                      Indeed.

Comment

How old r u, i kinda grew out of that when i was like 17-18

Those bad tasting things u have to rub on ur fingers helps too i never used it tho.
                        يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

:wswrwb:

Try bitter aloes.
                          Allah is so Great and Merciful that although we continue to disobey Him, He still awaits for our repentance so that He may forgive us.

Comment

woah i didn't know i got so many replies. i'll try everything you guys said.

my nails are already trimmed 24/7 cz i'm eating them all day. i'll keep biting even if theres nothing to eat. thats like the main problem.

Comment

just ghosting around ,

just wanna let u know .. i feel for ya ! i have the same issue .. i do it when i'm concerned over a matter, stressed out, or just thinking/concentrating on something . and this unfortunately is ALL the time .

rabbana yastur :(
                              º•○º○•Sabr... is like swallowing something bitter without showing any distaste on your face.•○º○•º -Imam Junaid

Comment

Working...
                              X