Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Research on relationship of FASHION and ISLAMIC CULTURE

Salam everybody:D

I have a huge favour to ask from you all and it would be greatly appreciated. I am doing my thesis this semester and its on the topic of Fashion and Culture, I want to identify if there is a relationship between being fashionable and the Islamic culture/ religion. I want to understand how important fashion may be to Muslim girls, and what it might mean to someone who wears the Hijab. I want to get to the reason why one wears the Hijab essentially. This survey is targeted to women who wear the Hijab. With the rise of Hijabi fashion I think this would be very interesting to understand if there is a relationship present.

I was wondering if in anyway you could help me spread the word about this and perhaps get you to fill out my survey? It'd take about 10 mins tops and is completely anonymous, it would be a great help to me and greatly appreciated.

This is the survey:
    https://qtrial2016q2az1.qualtrics.co...kubKMgZUVksqCp

Shukran,
    Sohair

Re: Research on relationship of FASHION and ISLAMIC CULTURE

:wswrwb:

I completed the survey just now.
    “And We have already created man and know what his soul whispers to him, and We are closer to him than (his) jugular vein.” (Quran 50:16)

Comment

Re: Research on relationship of FASHION and ISLAMIC CULTURE

Wa alaykum Assalaam Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatahu,

This is not just for women, but both men and women. Clothing was revealed for us to adorn ourselves with (you can think of it as fashion)!

7:26

to top
      7:26

Sahih International
      O children of Adam, We have bestowed upon you clothing to conceal your private parts and as adornment. But the clothing of righteousness - that is best. That is from the signs of Allah that perhaps they will remember.

Comment

Working...
      X