• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is flat ab possible...suggest tried and tested exercises for flat belly

iam 5.5
    weight is 64
    healthy diet + walk to lose weight
    lots of water

help me ...marriage is on cards,,,i want to lose extra fat,,,specially on lower belly

iam overall smart bt nt slim
    waist is 34
    hip is 39...broad,frame body...my shoulders are 15inches,,,( no extra fat ON )

Re: is flat ab possible...suggest tried and tested exercises for flat belly

It's possible but difficult to achieve, and even more difficult to maintain.

If you want to lose fat, eat less and start running a few times a week. Take it easy on the carbs, but don't starve yourself.

Comment

Any fitness advisor worth his or her weight will tell you this, you can't choose where your body will take fat off from. The body does this by itself. So just because you work out on your abs, doesn't mean that the fat on them will go first.
      Fat gets removed as the body sees fit, so just keep working out and burning fat. You may start losing fat from your face, from your arms, from your hips and thighs, or from your belly first. If anyone tells you that they can make you lose belly fat ONLY, then they are lying to you.

Secondly, only once you've lost the fat, then you can work on your abs and flatten and get them defined as you wish by having work outs which target those muscles in particular. Once the fat is gone, then you can shape it as you like.

Key to all this is a healthy diet. Stay away from carbs, try to eat as much protein as you can, and burn more calories than you consume everyday, and you'll be losing fat.

Most importantly, have patience. It will come insh Allah, but it isn't easy, so don't be too hard on yourself or get frustrated.

Wish you the best of luck in your pursuit to achieving whatever fitness goals you have. :)
      “Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. The grave will supply plenty of time for silence.”

Comment

Not for me
        I accepted my big belly ( after eating :) , iam not fat :p )

Comment

As a user above said there is no way in which you can only lose fat from your belly.

To get abs 80% of the work has to be done in the kitchen and the rest in the gym. Diet is absolute key.

Comment

Working...
          X