Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Imaam
    replied
    Re: Why is Life full of hardship? is yours?

don't believe that most of us people are unhappy with our lives nor that we are happy with it. It's just that we have our own ups and downs, reasons to be happy and reasons to be sad. I guess its how the world has become. Lives are been spent in a rapid pace, with little time being spent on reflection and free thinking. We're always into something and busy with ourselves that at most times we live in the moment and don't think of or know how to make of our lives as a whole.
    But there is some of us in a state of clinical depression..and a larger number currently in a low point in life. I guess they need some cheering up.
    I think the rest of us need to look at life in a different way, perhaps in some way that could lead to contentment. Things like travelling on holiday might work..or meditation or exercise or whatever. Sone sorta pause in life.

I believe that trying to induce happiness by being "content with the decree" of God is just wishful thinking. Well you could make yourself believe that whatever happened or is happening is the best for you, or is what is meant to be for you, but that's a very passive way of looking at life's difficulties and issues.

Anyways its not at all difficult to be happy. You could be happy by living in the moment and forgetting the rest of life. Have a drink or too, go out to places. And ofcourse the other halal methods as well. I mean, that's why you cannot really judge someone's life by how they act in front of you or externally. That's just the moment. And anyone could be happy for a moment or two. Burp.

You could argue on and on for what true happiness means. But one fact is clear..and that is the Quran never calls for happiness in this dunya. There is no mention of being happy here. Non at all I believe! I could be wrong though. Anyways its the paradise for the kuffar here, so why should we try and gain happiness? Most of the avenues to being in a state of happiness is easy for a healthy person, but trynta sustain it is difficult. Imo, persuing happiness is a never ending task.
    So my approach is to stop thinking of wanting to be happy. Just accept your life as fate, and forget about trynta have a happy life. Dont try and make it your primary focus. But rather try and have a meaningful life, a life that tries to accumulate more worthier things like money. A life that tries to achieve a goal not for the sake of happiness (cause again, its easy to be happy for the moment), but for the sake of self-contentment and for the sake of impacting others. A life that doesn't strive for the extra ordinary, but one that forgets about the misgivings of the ordinary.

I'm writing this while just chilling on the seventh floor of a hotel in medinah, and below me lies the splendid view of the resting places of hundreds of the best people that walked on earth. Their graves are unmarked, unnamed and no one can tell which is whose. And i'm thinking, were they the happiest people that walked this earth? Certainly not! But they undoubtedly were the most optimistic of people around. They strived for a purpose, strived to impact others with the goodness of Islam. They met with so many losses in battle, so many harships, so much of torture and pain..but to be happy was the last thing in their minds! They sacrificed their happiness for the truth!
    So my point is true happiness is not a thing of this dunya...its something wr would never get here. Its something that we shouldn't want to get, and if we accept that happiness is just a state of the moment we realise that its not that difficult to be happy. So take life slowly..be happy when you can and work hard in other times. Seriously, forget about trying to have or achieve a happy life. One day, you would be just one with the earth, buried inside sand. We should try and make sure our legacy lives on. Our names are remembered. That's something worth wanting. And that's something that could be achieved

God says that he would not burden a soul greater than what it could bear...so whatever hardships we face; they aren't meant to overwhelm us. But what should overwhelm us is the fact that we could achieve more and we've got so many things that could be done. And perhaps that is the real meaning of the verse, that the possibility of getting hold of and having the responsibility of a bigger burden should be the greatest burden we ever have. After all the only sighs of the people of paradise would not be ones where they lament on how difficult/unhappy life was, but ones where they regret that "if only I said one more subahanallah..one more alhamduliilah..one more zikr of Allah..one more Salah..one more fast..one more hajj..one more-"
    Last edited by Imaam; 18-04-16, 12:32 AM.

Leave a comment:

• aabdall 79
    replied

I've made so many mistakes
    I want happiness
    I want my problems solved and to return to my Lord. :)

Leave a comment:

• ninety1daisies
    replied

This made me cry (in a good way)

:jkk: for this.

Leave a comment:

• Silent being
    replied

Originally posted by Lost-Sheep View Post
    :salams

SubhanAllah, i was never the best at writing my thoughts, feelings and expressing myself in a manner that could be
    understand by others.
    I feel overwhelmed with emotion and thoughts that i wish i could pour out to each and every one of you my dear
    brothers and sisters.
    SubhanAllah, i just wish i could share the experiences of life, its ups and downs, its hardships and its beauty
    and contentment you feel amidst all this. The power of dua, the sabr (patience), the pain whether it
    be physical, emotional or spiritual. By Allah, life is a test. There are hardships at every corner, subhanAllah,
    yet we are soooo lucky subhanallah that we have our imaan that keeps us living with hope that this is only temporary
    and that Fear Allah and he will make a way out for you.

The most beautiful ayaat that gave me hope and strength at every low point in life or every struggle or difficulty:
    is this ayah in surah at-talaq - i hope these words of our lord helps you too

And whoever fears Allah - He will make for him a way out
    And will provide for him from where he does not expect.
    And whoever relies upon Allah - then He is sufficient for him.
    Indeed, Allah will accomplish His purpose. Allah has already set for everything a [decreed] extent.
    65:3-4

By Allah, brothers and sisters. There are people out there struggling with hardships, no home or individual is without pain,
    but does it mean we lose hope? I Felt the need to want to write something - when a non-muslim caused a stir in my heart - as she mentioned
    why is it that whenever i have seen you, you smile and are happy. So i smiled and said, should i not? It made me ponder, that do people assume
    that if you outwardly appear happy that you are happy within? what is the definition of happiness?... it made me realise one thing though
    that subhanAllah, happiness isnt in anything this dunya offers except that the heart is content with his decree; and it is ONLY and ONLY when
    i began to or should i say conciously strived to accept the decree of our lord did contentment enter my heart. I still feel highly ungrateful,
    but i was so glad that its been afew times now that muslims and non muslims have mentioned subhanAllah when you speak we sense contentment - by Allah
    i do not sense that in my own heart - but it made me feel that subhanallah, if Allah(swt) has used me as a tool to display something which allows
    them to think and reflect then Alhamdulillah i feel highly unworthy of such. (This would bring me to Hajj and what happened there - a link to this and
    particular dua i made - too long to state now)

I just want to summarise and im just rambling; just want to say my beloved brothers and sisters. Life is too short,
    Young or Old we shall all die, but what have we left behind?
    How can we better ourselves, our characters - how can we leave a mark on those here in this dunya that tomorrow when we pass they remember us
    with good; We become so engrossed in ourselves that we forget what humility is, what it is to have the best of akhlaak with muslims and non muslims alike.

By Allah Smile even if your going through difficulties; and if you are yearning to want something from Allah (swt) make dua wholeheartedly BY ALLAH,
    your DUA WILL BE ACCEPTED!! - it may not be accepted to the way you want - maybe then that is a test in itself too but i guarantee you, the plan of Allah(swt)
    is like no other - most perfect! just have reliance in him and he shall suffice you in all matters.

I leave you with this one brilliant short reminder - a simple prescription - Prescribed by your lord - to fulfill all your needs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cj8PshGWflc (URDU)
    another fantastic one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLFgD8AtG6g (arabic with subs)

Your duas humbly requested.
    For my parents, May Allah(swt) elevate their status in this dunya and the akhirah, make their offspring and ours obedient and righteous and grant us all
    Jannatul Firdaus. Ameen

Love you guys for the sake of Allah (swt)

O Allah forgive me for all my shortcomings, arrogance and ignorance. Ameen :(
    So true happiness is in contentment. Ameen Ya Raab, Kulunaa.

JazakAllah khayr for your wisdom and insights.

Leave a comment:

• Lost-Sheep
    started a topic Why is Life full of hardship? is yours?

Why is Life full of hardship? is yours?

:salams

SubhanAllah, i was never the best at writing my thoughts, feelings and expressing myself in a manner that could be
    understand by others.
    I feel overwhelmed with emotion and thoughts that i wish i could pour out to each and every one of you my dear
    brothers and sisters.
    SubhanAllah, i just wish i could share the experiences of life, its ups and downs, its hardships and its beauty
    and contentment you feel amidst all this. The power of dua, the sabr (patience), the pain whether it
    be physical, emotional or spiritual. By Allah, life is a test. There are hardships at every corner, subhanAllah,
    yet we are soooo lucky subhanallah that we have our imaan that keeps us living with hope that this is only temporary
    and that Fear Allah and he will make a way out for you.

The most beautiful ayaat that gave me hope and strength at every low point in life or every struggle or difficulty:
    is this ayah in surah at-talaq - i hope these words of our lord helps you too

And whoever fears Allah - He will make for him a way out
    And will provide for him from where he does not expect.
    And whoever relies upon Allah - then He is sufficient for him.
    Indeed, Allah will accomplish His purpose. Allah has already set for everything a [decreed] extent.
    65:3-4

By Allah, brothers and sisters. There are people out there struggling with hardships, no home or individual is without pain,
    but does it mean we lose hope? I Felt the need to want to write something - when a non-muslim caused a stir in my heart - as she mentioned
    why is it that whenever i have seen you, you smile and are happy. So i smiled and said, should i not? It made me ponder, that do people assume
    that if you outwardly appear happy that you are happy within? what is the definition of happiness?... it made me realise one thing though
    that subhanAllah, happiness isnt in anything this dunya offers except that the heart is content with his decree; and it is ONLY and ONLY when
    i began to or should i say conciously strived to accept the decree of our lord did contentment enter my heart. I still feel highly ungrateful,
    but i was so glad that its been afew times now that muslims and non muslims have mentioned subhanAllah when you speak we sense contentment - by Allah
    i do not sense that in my own heart - but it made me feel that subhanallah, if Allah(swt) has used me as a tool to display something which allows
    them to think and reflect then Alhamdulillah i feel highly unworthy of such. (This would bring me to Hajj and what happened there - a link to this and
    particular dua i made - too long to state now)

I just want to summarise and im just rambling; just want to say my beloved brothers and sisters. Life is too short,
    Young or Old we shall all die, but what have we left behind?
    How can we better ourselves, our characters - how can we leave a mark on those here in this dunya that tomorrow when we pass they remember us
    with good; We become so engrossed in ourselves that we forget what humility is, what it is to have the best of akhlaak with muslims and non muslims alike.

By Allah Smile even if your going through difficulties; and if you are yearning to want something from Allah (swt) make dua wholeheartedly BY ALLAH,
    your DUA WILL BE ACCEPTED!! - it may not be accepted to the way you want - maybe then that is a test in itself too but i guarantee you, the plan of Allah(swt)
    is like no other - most perfect! just have reliance in him and he shall suffice you in all matters.

I leave you with this one brilliant short reminder - a simple prescription - Prescribed by your lord - to fulfill all your needs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cj8PshGWflc (URDU)
    another fantastic one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLFgD8AtG6g (arabic with subs)

Your duas humbly requested.
    For my parents, May Allah(swt) elevate their status in this dunya and the akhirah, make their offspring and ours obedient and righteous and grant us all
    Jannatul Firdaus. Ameen

Love you guys for the sake of Allah (swt)

O Allah forgive me for all my shortcomings, arrogance and ignorance. Ameen :(
Working...
X