Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I quit my job today

And its a good thing.

One of my students and İ got into a debate about bidah. She was defending İ was against it. She had then complained to her parents and the school about my İslamic ideology (which İ am Maliki and sunni...which they claim İ am a wahhabi Shafi and tell the students that İ am). My school had then talked to me saying İ cannot speak about anything religious anymore especially about Nasqabandis and Sufism and that İ was on my "last warning". Even though the student and İ's debate with me was outside of school and it was over text of all things.

I had asked them whether İ was wrong in my ideology, and if İ was whether it was their job to help me by educating me on whats right. (This is a "religious" school so if İ was incorrect about something İslamic you would THİNK someone would say something. They ignored my question and continued to blame me for not being cooperative about their ideologies. I told them it was embarassing and shameful to treat a convert that way, that you would think they would be helping me with my deen rather than silencing me.

So İ quit. My students and İ have a group outside of school with their parents permission so its not a total loss to the students. I will be going back to full-time housewife until university or another job offer comes up, İ am fortunate that İ work for my own wants and not for economy. A lot of the parents are upset with the school about this situation, I am fortunate to have a lot of backing by the parents.

YET. İ still feel bad about the situation, I dont get why İ get treated so coldly when İ am still a convert learning my way. Does anyone have any advice suggestions, or any happy things? I wish things hadnt göne to this but Allah knows best.

Re: I quit my job today

Originally posted by Anthanasia View Post
    And its a good thing.

One of my students and İ got into a debate about bidah. She was defending İ was against it. She had then complained to her parents and the school about my İslamic ideology (which İ am Maliki and sunni...which they claim İ am a wahhabi Shafi and tell the students that İ am). My school had then talked to me saying İ cannot speak about anything religious anymore especially about Nasqabandis and Sufism and that İ was on my "last warning". Even though the student and İ's debate with me was outside of school and it was over text of all things.

I had asked them whether İ was wrong in my ideology, and if İ was whether it was their job to help me by educating me on whats right. (This is a "religious" school so if İ was incorrect about something İslamic you would THİNK someone would say something. They ignored my question and continued to blame me for not being cooperative about their ideologies. I told them it was embarassing and shameful to treat a convert that way, that you would think they would be helping me with my deen rather than silencing me.

So İ quit. My students and İ have a group outside of school with their parents permission so its not a total loss to the students. I will be going back to full-time housewife until university or another job offer comes up, İ am fortunate that İ work for my own wants and not for economy. A lot of the parents are upset with the school about this situation, I am fortunate to have a lot of backing by the parents.

YET. İ still feel bad about the situation, I dont get why İ get treated so coldly when İ am still a convert learning my way. Does anyone have any advice suggestions, or any happy things? I wish things hadnt göne to this but Allah knows best.
    Ugh that is so unfair!

Human beings are like this sis. Some can't stand this when they are being corrected...this is like why the mushrikeen couldn't let go of their polytheism. 'Our forefathers did it..how could it be wrong?' and the stubborness of people to hold on to misguidance. Subhanallah some people ask why Allah (swt) repeats certain concepts in al-Quran over and over. Because human beings will be reminded on things they constantly err in...this is one of them. Holding on to their ways when they have been given a clear sign and should for the sake of Allah (swt) sacrifice their pride in their history and to take that hidayah when they get the message.

It is embarrassment to them only and you did the right thing. May Allah (swt) grant you reward for your da'wah. Da;wah is not about results sis...but rather it's about the effort. Allah has counted your effort. It's their loss in the akhirah if they have resorted to this behavior.

Is there any way you can find a proper Islamic school in your area (ahlus sunnah)? That could be a better option if it is available.
    Thee do we worship, and Thine aid we seek.

Comment

I quit my job today

:salams
      check out my profile picture andd yhh fight the system
      [SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman][B][U][CENTER]Oh Allah, in your name, I die and live.[/CENTER][/U][/B][/FONT][/SIZE]
      [CENTER]:):lailah::lailah::lailah::lailah::)[/CENTER]

[B][CENTER]Ya Allah, Grant Me A Heart That Sees[/CENTER][/B]

Comment

:salams:

May Allah bless you sister. You really tried your best to stand up for the haqq, and Allah will reward you for that. I don't think there was anything more you could do, and it sounds as though they were about to let you go anyway, so I think you did the right thing.

Comment

She must be a Brewli, I am a salafi, I get called wahabi if I point anyone wrong, I simply ask for proof from Quran or hadith, if they are unable to do so they reply by saying it does not have to be there its the intention, I find Pakistani Brelwi its very dangerous hence why I am not a brelwi and alhum du lilalah.
          "www.treasureofthescholars.wordpress.com" - Islamic blog

Comment

Thanks everyone.

I just still dont understand. They see İ am a convet if İ was saying something that they think is so wrong then why dont they defend it and try to teach me? One thing İ always notice is these nasqabandi are too lazy to try to pull proof.

I fought just to promote not listening to music, that not ALL saudis are evil, wahhabis arent evil, that prayer needs to be worked on you are never "finished", that you need to check your sources and prove what you are saying İslamically.

I was really working with the kids to make deen cool because İ was that fun teacher WHO buys them chocolate, makes crazy english speaking games, and had high energy and support for them. I was so proud to hear one student saying he researched and he might not listen to music because he sees that it isnt halal. All İ did was say dont listen to me, research in your language first and THEN come back to me.

I cant believe they wanted me to go on teaching without mentioning deen to anyone (even the other teachers WHO accuse me of praying like a wahhabi---WHAT DOES THİS MEAN). ...this school is RELİGİOUS people go there FOR that. When they said dont speak about İslam is when İ knew that nothing good existed there for me. You dont work with people like that, if İ was wrong in what İ did then İ am pleading for help to guide and fix me...İm not that much of a narcissist to claim İ am right İslamically.

Convert life is always riddled with obstacles that İ do know for sure.

Comment

:salams:

From the above you seemed to have done the right thing. But I wonder whether if you were patient a bit more, would it have been more beneficial Islamically for the students. Giving dawah subtly over a long duration. Would it have meant that your message (quran and sunnah) would have reached more students.

I understand that bidah can be very difficult to tolerate but given the task at hand (so much bid bidah around you) would it have been a better option to focus on building from the ground up and not getting too into the nitty-gritty so to speak.

Either way I support your decision and you know the situation better than me.
              Believe none of what you hear, and only half of what you see.

Comment

its better you left that place

anyone who literally puts themselves in a position that they free-mix with these deviant practices and listens to them willingly will loose the protection of Allah.
                "There will never cease to remain a group from my Ummah fighting upon the command of Allah, subjugating their enemies. They are not harmed by those who oppose them, until the Hour arrives".

Comment

Usually new converts are enthusiastic about following the Deen strictly. It can be frustrating when people cannot answer your questions properly, rather they are quick to shun when disagreeing without any obvious reason. This can be really hard for the mental health and I speak from experience.

Anyway what most likely happened in your case was that these people, the Naqshbandi Sufis, simply started to doubt you have a Salafi/Wahabi based ideology. They might not even have deep knowledge about this sect and thus were not able to answer you. Some misguided people who think they are following Sufism, think dancing and listening to music equals piety. How foolish are they! There are definitely authentic Sufis, who strictly follow the Sharia and are knowledgeable about the Deen. However some modernists simply prefer dancing over that.

As you mentioned you follow the Maliki madhhab masha'Allah. You should always refer back to authentic Maliki 'Ulemaa about what is correct and what is not. This serves as a proof for you and others who actually follow the same madhhab. However be careful as well, because sometimes there are issues in Fiqh where the 4 madhhabs have different rulings. We cannot give a Maliki ruling for a Hanafi etc. Also be aware not to mix between the rulings of different madhhabs either, this will lead to following ones desires in the end.

Usually the Salafis/Wahabis pray as taught by their scholar al-Albani and they prefer that method over the 4 schools of thought. I don't know if it can be said one prays "like a Wahabi" but common people tend to mistake the Hanbali method of prayer as being "Wahabi". It's definitely best if you stick to Maliki version of Salah without listening to any of the baseless criticism that some ignorant persons might say. If we know who Imam Malik (RH) was then we can be assured that he knew also how to pray.

Comment

And its a good thing.

:wswrwb:

It's not just Turkey, I've known people face similar problems in the UK, some reverts so it happens everywhere and the vast majority of so-called 'Islamic schools' are really just secular schools, run by secular minded people with a few Islamic subjects tacked on.

As anyone begins to practice more and more, your views and practice start to become too 'extreme' for those who fall short, so they seek to blame you and attach labels to you, so they feel better about their own lack of deeni knowledge, speech and action.

So as I think back to my development in the deen, I first had a group of relatively non-practicing Muslim friends, with a few exceptions, but the less practicing were shed gradually, along with non-Muslim friends, then came the people into innovation, they loved educating the new Muslim, but when I started to discuss and bring forth points they started liking that less, so they put distance between us and this process continues on and on.
                    FOLLOW THE NEW BLOG - GINGERBEARDMAN - Muslim, father, husband, writer, defender of ginger rights!

www.facebook.com/outreach4Islam - Outreach4Islam have been working together in Leicester, calling the not yet Muslims to Islam since 2006.

Comment

I guess and this is just a guess- the reason for this is because the student and her parents were fearful that strict following of islam can lead to "extremism."

I remember when i got my first Translated Quran and my father found out i had one, he complained to the school authorities that one of the teachers was spreading extremism.

Comment

I fought just to promote not listening to music, that not ALL saudis are evil, wahhabis arent evil, that prayer needs to be worked on you are never "finished", that you need to check your sources and prove what you are saying İslamically.
                        I guess that's where the girl got her ammunition.

To be honest, those kids aren't acting any different to how some members act in this forum. Even the slightest hint of defending persians/iranians(not even shia) will end up in people accusing you of being a shia/kuffar, even if they are sunni. So, why do you expect these kids to act differently?

Comment

Working...
                        X