Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vain talk and fasting?

Assalaamu aleikum,

what if a muslim wastes time in vain talk while fasting (when making up days from Ramadan)? I've read it decreases the reward of fasting, or can remove the whole reward. Is there any difference if the vain talk is just for fun or if it is because of anxiety and feeling unwell mentally (because of clinical depression/anxiety)?

If a muslim commits sin (bad behaviour/speech) while fasting is it possible the reward is not diminished if he/she regrets and asks Allaah for forgiveness?

Originally posted by Muslimah_08 View Post
    Assalaamu aleikum,

what if a muslim wastes time in vain talk while fasting (when making up days from Ramadan)? I've read it decreases the reward of fasting, or can remove the whole reward. Is there any difference if the vain talk is just for fun or if it is because of anxiety and feeling unwell mentally (because of clinical depression/anxiety)?

If a muslim commits sin (bad behaviour/speech) while fasting is it possible the reward is not diminished if he/she regrets and asks Allaah for forgiveness?
    Quote from islamqa

So it is no wonder if we learn that some scholars regarded the fast as invalid if a person falls into sin during his fast, even though the correct view is that this does not invalidate the fast, but undoubtedly it detracts from it and goes against the real meaning of fasting.*

https://islamqa.info/en/93723

Read the full link its intersting
    [SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman][B][U][CENTER]Oh Allah, in your name, I die and live.[/CENTER][/U][/B][/FONT][/SIZE]
    [CENTER]:):lailah::lailah::lailah::lailah::)[/CENTER]

[B][CENTER]Ya Allah, Grant Me A Heart That Sees[/CENTER][/B]

Comment

Re: Vain talk and fasting?

^ l'm aware of that. That was not my question.

Comment

Originally posted by zantz View Post
        Quote from islamqa

So it is no wonder if we learn that some scholars regarded the fast as invalid if a person falls into sin during his fast, even though the correct view is that this does not invalidate the fast, but undoubtedly it detracts from it and goes against the real meaning of fasting.*

https://islamqa.info/en/93723

Read the full link its intersting
        So if a muslim has committed those sins (not for fun but because of mental anguish), he/she can expect his/her fast not being accepted, or zero reward or reward diminished? Is there any difference if he/she regrets and asks Allaah for forgiveness?

So scary. Allaahu musta'aan.

Comment

I think this is good advice, even if not Christian.

Teaching About Fasting.
          “When you fast,* do not look gloomy like the hypocrites. They neglect their appearance, so that they may appear to others to be fasting. Amen, I say to you, they have received their reward.
          But when you fast, anoint your head and wash your face,
          so that you may not appear to others to be fasting, except to your Father (God) who is hidden. And your Father (God) who sees what is hidden will repay you.

It is between you and God, and if you fast because of praise or reward from others you lost the point of fasting and no longer longer fasting for God but rather for worldly praise and reward and left God behind. Just something to think about.

Comment

So if a muslim has committed those sins (not for fun but because of mental anguish), he/she can expect his/her fast not being accepted, or zero reward or reward diminished? Is there any difference if he/she regrets and asks Allaah for forgiveness?

So scary. Allaahu musta'aan.
            I think it's best you ask a scholar this question, as I think there'd be a difference of opinion on this one. There's one on this forum and usually for every fortnight on a thursday there is a thread made pose your question on.

That said I'll tag people who may know [MENTION=40692]ZeeshanParvez[/MENTION] [MENTION=124889]mikh[/MENTION]a'eel [MENTION=113309]Linkdeutscher[/MENTION] [MENTION=82080]nonameakhi[/MENTION] [MENTION=116227]vildan[/MENTION] [MENTION=107034]talibilm09[/MENTION]

Correct me if im wrong, the questions you're asking are:

Is it vain talk, if you do this to help with your depression? Is it sinful?

Are your rewards reduced if you sin whilst fasting? What if you repent or seek forgiveness?
            Last edited by zantz; 10-04-16, 07:14 PM.
            [SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman][B][U][CENTER]Oh Allah, in your name, I die and live.[/CENTER][/U][/B][/FONT][/SIZE]
            [CENTER]:):lailah::lailah::lailah::lailah::)[/CENTER]

[B][CENTER]Ya Allah, Grant Me A Heart That Sees[/CENTER][/B]

Comment

Originally posted by zantz View Post
              Correct me if im wrong
              My questions are:

If a muslim commits sins when fasting, like vain talk/bad behaviour, is there any difference if done just for fun and without regret or if done because of bad mental state and regrets it? Is his/her fast accepted?

If a muslim regrets those sins and asks Allaah for forgiveness, is it possible the reward is not diminished?

Jazaakum Allaahu khairan if someone who has knowledge can answer. If my questions are unclear, please ask me to clarify.
              Last edited by Muslimah_08; 10-04-16, 07:30 PM.

Comment

Assalaamu aleikum,

\

[MENTION=119080]zantz[/MENTION]

:salams: bro

Noble Quran 99:7-8 '' So whoever does an atom's weight of good will see it,And whoever does an atom's weight of evil will see it "

Noble Quran 25:70 '' Except for those who repent, believe and do righteous work. For them Allah will replace their evil deeds with good. And ever is Allah Forgiving and Merciful.''

Its all upto Allah , Al Musta'aan , Al Wahab to deal with the type of repentance ie taubatun Nasuha with its required conditions you make. .
                Last edited by talibilm09; 10-04-16, 10:11 PM.
                My sect - No Sect

My Aqeedah - http://legacy.quran.com/112 ( The Aqeedah of Sahabas)

Just a Muslim

Comment

Allaahu alam.

In shaa Allaah khair.
                  Last edited by Muslimah_08; 11-04-16, 06:21 PM.

Comment

Assalaamu aleikum,

Yes, forgiveness will eliminate the bad deed and you will have full reward in shaa Allaah.
                    Watch those eyes

Comment

To the other poster, fasting should not be done for others.

Comment

Working...
                      X