Method of lowering the gaze[Brothers and Sistaz only poll]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Method of lowering the gaze[Brothers and Sistaz only poll]

lowering the gaze dont necessarily mean looking down. btw i read something on body language, never look a person (a man actually) in the eye and then down coz that is a sign of submission. I look up or away. there are more interesting things in the sky than on the streets

Originally posted by zantz View Post
    Yh but unattractive ones can catch you off guard lolz
    jokes

لا تفكر كثيرا
    بل استغفر كثيرا

-------------------------------------------------------
    The children need your prayers more than anyone else
    -------------------------------------------------------
    www.inheritorsofquran.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by shezad View Post
      What is an unattractive woman? what's your definition of unattractive?
      Women who men 'think' are ugly.

Comment

Originally posted by DaughterOfAdam View Post
        Women who men 'think' are ugly.
        Well in that case then if any man were to utter the words 'Ugly' to a woman he would be transgressing against Allah SWT as it is he who created human beings and we can never ever describe Allah SWT's creation in this manner. Also sister, you do not know what men think and men don't know what women think, only Allah SWT knows such things and our duty is to ask Allah SWT to keep us away from people whom look down on others.
        He who loses money, loses much.

He who loses a friend, loses more.

He who loses faith, loses ALL.

Comment

Seriously?

So every person interprets this hadith literally? Muslims are not downtrodden and forlorn, we are beautiful and strong.We do not look at the floor, we don't need to act like weird, uncomfortable, aliens.Lower the gaze means, do not intentionally look at them. Nabi SAWS informed us that the first glance is human, and carries no sin, so why do we seek to complicate every single aspect of Islam?

Look around normally, if you see something unhalal or not permissible, simply look away, it does not mean lose all situational awareness and glue your eyes to the floor.

Comment

99% of the time when I see a man I don't find him even remotely attractive.
            I sometimes find it awkward when I'm constantly looking away or looking down if I have to speak to a man because I could probably stare at him allday and still not feel an iota of attraction towards him.
            If you have desires then you must lower your gaze, it makes sense, but if you are devoid of desires towards someone then it is a bit awkward.
            Can anyone relate?

Comment

Down at the ceiling??:(:

THE FITNAH... ITS EVERYWHEEERE

Why are they butters?
              Butters?

Originally posted by SartorialMuslim View Post
              Seriously?

So every person interprets this hadith literally? Muslims are not downtrodden and forlorn, we are beautiful and strong.We do not look at the floor, we don't need to act like weird, uncomfortable, aliens.Lower the gaze means, do not intentionally look at them. Nabi SAWS informed us that the first glance is human, and carries no sin, so why do we seek to complicate every single aspect of Islam?

Look around normally, if you see something unhalal or not permissible, simply look away, it does not mean lose all situational awareness and glue your eyes to the floor.
              I'm inclined to agree with you, but if you saw how women dress at my school, then you'd wouldn't blame a Muslim for staring at the floor.

Originally posted by MyUsernameIs... View Post
              I sometimes find it awkward when I'm constantly looking away or looking down if I have to speak to a man because I could probably stare at him allday and still not feel an iota of attraction towards him.
              If you have desires then you must lower your gaze, it makes sense, but if you are devoid of desires towards someone then it is a bit awkward.
              Can anyone relate?
              Dang you must live in a city of ugly men haha.

This is kind of hard for me to fathom. I find the majority of women attractive in some fashion.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic Believer View Post
                Butters?

I'm inclined to agree with you, but if you saw how women dress at my school, then you'd wouldn't blame a Muslim for staring at the floor.

Dang you must live in a city of ugly men haha.

This is kind of hard for me to fathom. I find the majority of women attractive in some fashion.
                If I was a man I'd definitely say the same thing in regards to women lol. I'd probably have an impossible time lowering my gaze.

And also ...butters = Brit slang for unattractive.

Comment

If I was a man I'd definitely say the same thing in regards to women lol. I'd probably have an impossible time lowering my gaze.

And also ...butters = Brit slang for unattractive.
                  Oh. In that case [MENTION=119080]zantz[/MENTION] they are the opposite of butters.

Comment

Can anyone relate?

Yes, I can relate. Alhamdulillah I don't have a hard time at all. Unlike men who probably think about 101 things whilst seeing a women, i just see a man as a man ..nothing special.
                    Last edited by Peony.; 10-04-16, 10:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by vildan View Post
                      Yes, I can relate. Alhamdulillah I don't have a hard time at all. Unlike men who probably think about 101 things whilst seeing a women, i just see a man as a man ..nothing special.

But I definitely agree with the awkwardness. Just thinking about it gets me awkward lol.
                      [MENTION=119080]zantz[/MENTION] that's what you've got to adapt when it comes to lowering your gaze bro, see a woman as a woman....nothing special

Comment

:salams

HOW DO YOU LOT DO IT??

A. Look down all the time
                        or
                        B. Look down only when there's a sista in sight
                        or
                        C. Look [email protected] only wer u think thers gna be fitna

I B/C kinda guy but then its reall irritating Im thinkin of doing A from now but maan looking down at cement all the time idk is that fun

P.S ~ Im not gonna be active for a while coz ive got exams and ive got em in ramadaaaan!! so make dua they go well inshallah may Allah bless you all with good dunyas and akhiras aswell
                        Well bro I think it's best to first and foremost make a sincere dua to Allah SWT and ask him to assist you on this matter, what you need to then do is think about this issue logically....for example:

- What will you gain from looking at a female? you can look all you want and lust over her beauty, figure, shape etc but that's all it'll be....lust....it'll darken your heart and make you want to commit other sins to satisfy your desire(s)

- Think about how when you've finished your salah and you're asking Allah SWT for forgiveness, as you walk outside you see a female approaching....just seconds ago you were on the prayer mat asking to be forgiven....but now in front of you is a female....do you look? or do you avert your gaze....?

- If you keep the company of sincere people, listen to lectures by good speakers, listen to the recitation of the Quran, stay in Wudu constantly, fast Mon & Thurs, learn how to recite the Quran correctly, perform Wudhu correctly, stay away from Music and Movies (these too heighten ones desires) then Insh'Allah you'll feel an inner transformation, you'll feel closer to Allah SWT and thus will not want to look.

My brother you can do this, it is difficult I admit but think about all the good things Allah SWT will provide for you in return for controlling your nafs. The inner battle or Jihad I should say is the hardest thing for a Muslim. But I am confident you can do this......if you really want to :)

I'll keep you in my dua's bro, pm if you find any of the above confusing.

Sometimes it is hard to put into words what my heart feels and my mind thinks, it's difficult to share my experiences with my brothers and sisters because so I can sometimes end up going off topic and confusing the issue lol :-(

Comment

Originally posted by vildan View Post
                          Alhamdulillah we have it so easy in this regard! Atleast we are mostly spared from this trial.
                          It's quite a blessing actually.

Comment

Originally posted by SartorialMuslim View Post
                            Seriously?

The thread should've ended at this. It's like trying to use rocket science to explain simple addition. There's no need folks, our religion is simple, stop complicating things. Do you think there's a method for lowering your gaze? Just look away and trust in Allah.

Comment

Can anyone relate?
                              Lol yea i can relate, esp at beingdeviud of attraction. Even when you bump into the 1% of time, theres only so much a hot guy can do to you. Sometimes you wonder to yourself....am I asexual or nah?

Comment

Guys dont smell its probably just your pheromones lol:onthego:
                                Sorry i dont speak biology.
                                But what does pheromones got to do with attraction?

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X