Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some help in regards to flu symptoms

:salams

I've been stuck with the flu for the last 4 days with no signs of it getting any better.

The one thing I really want to stop is the cough.. It's really severe... Feels like I'm going to cough up a lung or crack a rib... I can't sleep and I've got such bad fatigue.

I've tried everything from cough syrup.. To honey with some turmeric in it... To lemsip.. To cough sweets.. And to hot water with vicks in it and inhaling it... To vicks on my chest with a hot water bottle.

None of the symptoms have improved at all.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

:jkk:
    Say what you wish in abuse of me, for my silence towards the idiot is indeed an answer. I am not at a loss for a response, but rather it does not befit the lion to answer the dogs

~ IMAM SHAFI'I RH

Re: Need some help in regards to flu symptoms

WS

Eat, then drink hot water with pure honey throughout the day (if you can get manuka honey even better... Taking a spoon of blackseed oil really helps as well do this at least 3 times a day. Rub it also on your back/and chest and sleep with it. And please rest plenty, may Allah grant you a quick recovery amin.

I hope you are eating well even if its difficult.
    :lemo:

Comment

Ask your GP to refer you for a chest x-ray. If you have a chest infection then none of these remedies are going to have any effect, especially if your chest hurts when you cough.

In the meantime to relieve the cough symptoms I would suggest milk and turmeric especially if you have phlegm.
      Add some turmeric to milk and bring it to the boil, add some honey after if you want. Works for me usually.

Comment

Originally posted by Hannahk92 View Post
        :salams

I've been stuck with the flu for the last 4 days with no signs of it getting any better.

The one thing I really want to stop is the cough.. It's really severe... Feels like I'm going to cough up a lung or crack a rib... I can't sleep and I've got such bad fatigue.

I've tried everything from cough syrup.. To honey with some turmeric in it... To lemsip.. To cough sweets.. And to hot water with vicks in it and inhaling it... To vicks on my chest with a hot water bottle.

None of the symptoms have improved at all.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

:jkk:
        :wswrwb:

:sub I have a flu too I would suggest you have lots of oranges to amp up your immune system and to help reduce the severity of the symptoms. Also, make sure where you sleep is clean and has good ventilation

I've had this flufor ages.. oranges help plenty

May Allah swt grant you shifa
        [SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman][B][U][CENTER]Oh Allah, in your name, I die and live.[/CENTER][/U][/B][/FONT][/SIZE]
        [CENTER]:):lailah::lailah::lailah::lailah::)[/CENTER]

[B][CENTER]Ya Allah, Grant Me A Heart That Sees[/CENTER][/B]

Comment

Wassalam

You most probably need antibiotics.

See a doctor soon.

Hadhrat Ali (Radiallahu anhu)

Comment

definitely see the doctor you might need antibiotics as [MENTION=13852]skylark[/MENTION] mentioned
            :lemo:

Comment

Yes sister ,you need a visit to the GP inshaallah. I had a cough for over a month ,still recovering ,but much better than before alhamdulillah ,GP gave me some antibiotics.

Had flu cold and then cough.
              Make sure you ask for gelatine free antibiotics ,that is what I did.

Inshaallah you get well soon. It is horrible specialy the chesty cough ,you feel lifeless.

Among others I took a lot of soup ,garlic ,orange,lemon juice mixed with honey.

Ginger plain tea.
              And lots and lots of liquid ,warm water is good inshaallah
              Last edited by muzzybee; 27-03-16, 09:15 PM.
              Visit my channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYk...dE4pHzSid7Lr0w

Comment

Originally posted by Sky Lark View Post
                Wassalam

See a doctor soon.
                I have to go with this one. I use to get this once or twice a year without fail and the only thing that would get rid of it was antibiotics. I would most likely be dead if it were not for them. For some odd reason have not had a problem with them for a couple years now.

Comment

I suffered with severe coughs when I was younger and would get them at least twice a year.. It's been a good few years since I had it and subhanallah it is so violent... I'm trying the milk and turmeric at the moment :jkk: [MENTION=134608]MyUsernameIs...[/MENTION]
                  Say what you wish in abuse of me, for my silence towards the idiot is indeed an answer. I am not at a loss for a response, but rather it does not befit the lion to answer the dogs

~ IMAM SHAFI'I RH

Comment

Originally posted by Intuition View Post
                    definitely see the doctor you might need antibiotics as [MENTION=13852]skylark[/MENTION] mentioned
                    Originally posted by Sky Lark View Post
                    Wassalam

See a doctor soon.
                    Originally posted by Serada View Post
                    I have to go with this one. I use to get this once or twice a year without fail and the only thing that would get rid of it was antibiotics. I would most likely be dead if it were not for them. For some odd reason have not had a problem with them for a couple years now.
                    Originally posted by muzzybee View Post
                    Yes sister ,you need a visit to the GP inshaallah. I had a cough for over a month ,still recovering ,but much better than before alhamdulillah ,GP gave me some antibiotics.

Had flu cold and then cough.
                    Make sure you ask for gelatine free antibiotics ,that is what I did.

Inshaallah you get well soon. It is horrible specialy the chesty cough ,you feel lifeless.

Among others I took a lot of soup ,garlic ,orange,lemon juice mixed with honey.

Ginger plain tea.
                    And lots and lots of liquid ,warm water is good inshaallah
                    With it being the easter holidays the doctors won't be open... I could try the drop in centre :insha: if it's a virus antibiotics won't work... My husband literally just got rid of his flu but his symptoms were nowhere near as bad as mine

~ IMAM SHAFI'I RH

Comment

Originally posted by zantz View Post
                      :wswrwb:

:sub I have a flu too I would suggest you have lots of oranges to amp up your immune system and to help reduce the severity of the symptoms. Also, make sure where you sleep is clean and has good ventilation

I've had this flufor ages.. oranges help plenty

May Allah swt grant you shifa
                      Ameen. And too you also brother

It's the worst

~ IMAM SHAFI'I RH

Comment

I suffered with severe coughs when I was younger and would get them at least twice a year.. It's been a good few years since I had it and subhanallah it is so violent... I'm trying the milk and turmeric at the moment :jkk: [MENTION=134608]MyUsernameIs...[/MENTION]
                        I hope it brings you some relief Inshallah.

Comment

my mum is currently experiencing the same thing, may Allah cure u ameen

Comment

You can go to your GP, if you have a bacterial infection they can give you antibiotics, but only if it is bacterial. If not antibiotics will not help. If its a viral infection eg flu then they can't really do much.

If you are coughing up lots of mucus, or you are coughing up blood, or you have shortness of breath, fever etc then this suggests a possible chest infection and so in that case I'd advise you go to the GP.

If it's a cough with runny/blocked nose and sore throat, it sounds more viral and so I wouldn't go unless it persists.

Comment

With it being the easter holidays the doctors won't be open... I could try the drop in centre :insha: if it's a virus antibiotics won't work... My husband literally just got rid of his flu but his symptoms were nowhere near as bad as mine
                              It may be a combination of virus and bacteria ,yes try and visit the drop in centre inshaallah.
                              Visit my channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYk...dE4pHzSid7Lr0w

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X