Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Victim vs. Survivor : in cases of abuse.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Victim vs. Survivor : in cases of abuse.

Rape victim

Vs.

Rape Survivor

Domestic abuse victim

Vs.

Domestic abuse survivor

Do you feel one is better than the other when referring to a person who has experienced abuse?

When you hear the words: "rape victim" - what do you think/feel? How about when you hear "rape survivor'' , any difference in what you thought/felt above?
    Gone with the wind.

Re: Victim vs. Survivor : in cases of abuse.

Idk, rape doesn't usually kill, so I wouldn't understand using the word survivor. I don't see the point in either title, just call them by their name. Neither scenario should define the person.
    Narrated Anas:
    The Prophet (ﷺ) said, "None of you will have faith till he wishes for his (Muslim) brother what he likes for himself." [Bukhari]

Comment

Rape survivor...this term is technically flawed if we follow the context in which it is used.
      You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

You follow your scholar's qiyās, and I will follow the Qur'ān and Sunnah.

Comment

I don't think it makes a difference what YOU feel because it's not about you, unless you are indeed the victim. A victim is a victim.

Comment

saying rape survivor makes it sounds like the person was about to get raped but managed to escape before it was done.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
          X