The 1 minute, 2 minute, no. 3 min. Problem solver

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 1 minute, 2 minute, no. 3 min. Problem solver

Got a problem ? Need a quick solution. Takes only a minute or maybe 2 or 3. Okay maybe even 10. Heck, you may even have to wait 15 years.

So, in this thread we look at practical problem solving techniques that has worked for people around the world.

So do your dua and start using your brains more effectively today .

Begin. Techniques can be from any discipline , applied psychology, management or science. It's got to be practical and not overly philosophical. Easy to understand and easy to apply, niether time consuming.

Re: The 1 minute, 2 minute, no. 3 min. Problem solver

5 Whys

Method : https://blog.intercom.io/wp-content/...Whys-clean.png

https://exploratoriablog.files.wordp...hy-example.gif

https://saraperring.files.wordpress....y-analysis.png

Background info: https://www.mindtools.com/pages/article/newTMC_5W.htm

From the world of business. Applicable in personal problem solving too.

Comment

:scratch: I'm really confused
      ...And he who fears Allah - He will make for him a way out. [65:3]
      "Put your trust in Allah, certainly, Allah loves those who put their trust (in Him)."
      :love: [Al-Imran 3:159] :love:

Comment

I think basically its like you have to use the solutions to a problem before it happens, as in some of the links.
        .in other words, use your brain to prevent it from happening in the first place.

What others think?
        “Mix with the noble people, you become one of them; and keep away from evil people so that you protect yourself from their evils.”

Hadhrat Ali (Radiallahu anhu)

Comment

Originally posted by RaNdOm View Post
          Yeah I'm a bit stumped as well.

Comment

Originally posted by RaNdOm View Post
            You always confused. Lol.

It goes like this.

Step 1 : You state the problem.

Here it's : You confused

Step 2 : Ask yourself why the confusion.

Answer 1 here

Step 3: Ask why 'answer 1'

write answer 2

Repeat step 2 till step 5.

Comment

5 whys can be used to Get to the Root of a Problem Quickly .

Can be used in troubleshooting, quality improvement and problem solving, but it is best for simple or moderately difficult problems.

For more complex or critical problems, it can lead you to pursue a single track of enquiry when there could be multiple causes.

https://www.mindtools.com/pages/article/newTMC_5W.htm

Comment

Originally posted by Sky Lark View Post
                I think basically its like you have to use the solutions to a problem before it happens, as in some of the links.
                .in other words, use your brain to prevent it from happening in the first place.

What others think?

Yes. Almost. It uses counter- measures, rather than solutions to prevent the problem arising again, while a solution just seeks to deal with the situation.

Counter-measures are more robust, and are more likely to prevent the problem from recurring.

Comment

Originally posted by Aj2 View Post

It goes like this.

Answer 1 here

write answer 2

am I?

problem = I'm confused

why = cause I don't get it

why I don't get it = cos my brain finds it hard to handle logical data type stuff

answer 2

cos I don't get it
                  [MENTION=108498]Aj2[/MENTION] it sounds impressive to come up with counter measures but it doesn't work - useless method
                  "Put your trust in Allah, certainly, Allah loves those who put their trust (in Him)."

Comment

5 whys can be used to Get to the Root of a Problem Quickly .

Can be used in troubleshooting, quality improvement and problem solving, but it is best for simple or moderately difficult problems.

For more complex or critical problems, it can lead you to pursue a single track of enquiry when there could be multiple causes.

https://www.mindtools.com/pages/article/newTMC_5W.htm
                    In my experience of problem solving, Trying to get an answer to "Why" is futile. Most people don't know why.....they answer I don't know and this will go around in circles and keep someone trapped.

Solving HOW is more productive.

How did you get in this mess?
                    How are you going to get out of this mess?
                    What steps do you need to take to get yourself from A---C?

Comment

Originally posted by ssh View Post
                      In my experience of problem solving, Trying to get an answer to "Why" is futile. Most people don't know why.....they answer I don't know and this will go around in circles and keep someone trapped.

Solving HOW is more productive.

How did you get in this mess?
                      How are you going to get out of this mess?
                      What steps do you need to take to get yourself from A---C?
                      btw guys or should I say ladies. Use what works for. I just put out stuff that's used in the read world on a day to day basis. The technique i mentioned above was developed by the founder of Toyota, Micida Toyoda. Toyota uses it to this day.

Aand there are more techniques coming up . Use, modify according to your situation. As long as ya all apply it in your day to day problem solving, it's all good in da hood.

Can ya(general ya) dig it suckas. .

Comment

Yes. Almost. It uses counter- measures, rather than solutions to prevent the problem arising again, while a solution just seeks to deal with the situation.

Counter-measures are more robust, and are more likely to prevent the problem from recurring.
                        Exactly so, and it also means doing work efficiently, so less problems - less wasting time.

[MENTION=7414]RaNdOm[/MENTION], it is not a waste of time because it is like, prevention is better than cure..
                        “Mix with the noble people, you become one of them; and keep away from evil people so that you protect yourself from their evils.”

Hadhrat Ali (Radiallahu anhu)

Comment

Originally posted by Sky Lark View Post
                          Exactly so, and it also means doing work efficiently, so less problems - less wasting time.

@RaNdOm, it is not a waste of time because it is like, prevention is better than cure..
                          ok so can u do an example for me please - like for the whole cycle - so I know how to apply it

Comment

It goes like this.

Answer 1 here

write answer 2

my problem: I accidentally ate some chips I shouldn't :(

Why?

It was an accident!

Why? AN ACCIDENT :( Actually not an accident, I just didn't know that the chips were wet, and now I am confused, why? Cause I am worried, why? Cause there might have been saliva? So if there was, then I am prob doomed! Another's saliva! :( EW! Why? I fear that the saliva will affect me! how? Iman wise. Why? Cuz it was a non muslim's saliva! :( unblessed, afaik.

May Allah forgive me. Ameen.

Did I do it right?
                            Last edited by Serinity; 30-03-16, 11:49 AM.
                            La ilaha illallahu, wahdahu la sharika lahu, lahul-mulku wa lahul-hamdu, wa Huwa 'ala kulli sha'in Qadir
                            (there is no true god except Allah. He is One and He has no partner with Him; His is the sovereignty and His is the praise, and He is Omnipotent),'
                            Do not say about Allah but Truth.

Comment

Eight Disciplines (8Ds) Problem Solving

Eight Disciplines (8Ds) Problem Solving is a method developed at Ford Motor Company used to approach and to resolve problems.

D0: Plan:

D1: Use a Team:

D2: Describe the Problem:
                              Specify the problem by identifying in quantifiable terms the who, what, where, when, why, how, and how many (5W2H) for the problem.

D3: Develop Interim Containment Plan:

D4: Determine, and Verify Root Causes and Escape Points:
                              Identify all applicable causes that could explain why the problem has occurred.

D5: Verify Permanent Corrections (PCs) for Problem

D6: Define and Implement Corrective Actions

D7: Prevent System Problems:
                              Modify the management systems, operation systems, practices, and procedures to prevent recurrence of this and all similar problems.

D8: Congratulate Your Team:
                              Recognize the collective efforts of the team.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eigh...roblem_Solving

Comment

Working...
                              X