Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thobe or shalwar kameez?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Originally posted by Samsandman View Post
    the first one maybe a quote from one of the sahaba or an early scholar as I can't find the reference in the 6 books of hand but I'm thinking I need to rewatch a lecture on the fiqh of salah by Abu Suhaib Bassam, but I'm not sure he meets Abu Julaybeeb standard of scholarship,he hasn't been caught sending hush money or shirtless flexing selfies so maybe?

    praying like a dog:

    https://sunnah.com/bukhari/9/11

    returning to the place of prayer like a camel:

    still looking for reference
    not praying in the resting place of the camel as it is the place of the shaytan

    https://sunnah.com/abudawud/2/103

    making wudu after eating camel as it is unclean

    https://sunnah.com/urn/1254930

    camel being an ritually unclean animal

    https://biblehub.com/leviticus/11-4.htm


    I only gave one reference for each but their are multiple chains of narration graded sahih or hasan for the above.
    Appreciate the references. I'm not sure if the phrase "animal of the Shaytaan" is valid to be honest, but I got what you're saying.

    Jazak Allahu Khayr
    Last edited by AmantuBillahi; 03-11-19, 08:19 PM. Reason: Better.

    Comment


    • #47
      Originally posted by AmantuBillahi View Post

      Appreciate the references. I'm not sure if the phrase "animal of the Shaytaan" is valid to be honest, but I got what you're saying.

      Jazak Allahu Khayr
      no problem

      I think the term comes from the reputation of camels,they are not an animals you want to piss off.
      They hold grudges and can be very vindictive,even planning revenge on people who wrong them

      https://allthatsinteresting.com/came...an-severs-head

      Comment


      • #48
        Originally posted by Samsandman View Post

        no problem

        I think the term comes from the reputation of camels,they are not an animals you want to piss off.
        They hold grudges and can be very vindictive,even planning revenge on people who wrong them

        https://allthatsinteresting.com/came...an-severs-head
        Camels are known to be arrogant. But don't forget that the Messenger(saws) was also very merciful to animals. He even named his own camel and reprimanded the bedouin whose camel came crying to the Prophet about its owners oppression.

        Check out these Ahadith as well:

        Anas reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, had a camel named Al-‘Adba and she could not be outraced. A bedouin came riding his camel and outraced her. That was difficult for the Muslims and they said, “Al-‘Adba has been beaten!” The Prophet said, “Verily, it is a duty upon Allah that nothing is raised up in this world but that it will eventually be humbled. [Bukhari]

        Buraydah ibn al-Hasib reported: A man asked the Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, “O Messenger of Allah, will there be camels in Paradise?” The Prophet said, “If Allah admits you in Paradise, you will have whatever your soul desires and pleases your eyes.” [Sunan al-Tirmidhī]





        Comment


        • #49
          MashaAllah tabarakAllah, I love hearing a nice hadith first thing in the morning.

          Well this thread has strayed off topic in some unexpected but frutiful ways

          All my experience with camels is second hand or scholastic but I sure do like learning about them.

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by Samsandman View Post
            MashaAllah tabarakAllah, I love hearing a nice hadith first thing in the morning.

            Well this thread has strayed off topic in some unexpected but frutiful ways

            All my experience with camels is second hand or scholastic but I sure do like learning about them.
            May Allah Subhanahu Wa Ta'ala allow to experience riding one before your life comes to an end. Ameen.

            Comment


            • #51
              Originally posted by Samsandman View Post
              MashaAllah tabarakAllah, I love hearing a nice hadith first thing in the morning.

              Well this thread has strayed off topic in some unexpected but frutiful ways

              All my experience with camels is second hand or scholastic but I sure do like learning about them.
              I would recommend you to subscribe to hadith of the day's daily hadith messaging service, where they send a hadith every day to your email inbox:

              https://hadithoftheday.com/
              وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

              And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."


              أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

              Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].


              Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

              Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by AmantuBillahi View Post

                May Allah Subhanahu Wa Ta'ala allow to experience riding one before your life comes to an end. Ameen.
                amen, I plan on doing that when I can go for hajj.

                Comment


                • #53
                  Originally posted by LailaTheMuslim View Post

                  I would recommend you to subscribe to hadith of the day's daily hadith messaging service, where they send a hadith every day to your email inbox:

                  https://hadithoftheday.com/
                  JazakAllah Khair

                  I just did

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Alhamdulillah. Good to see you posting, OP brother. You haven't been on here in a while.
                    LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAAH
                    -------------------------------------

                    ​​​​​NOTE: Please kindly avoid 'liking' my posts (Jazaa'akumullah khair)

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Originally posted by Fakhri-bin-Ali View Post
                      Alhamdulillah. Good to see you posting, OP brother. You haven't been on here in a while.
                      yeah the last two years have been... character building, for me.

                      UF sure is different now than when I first joined.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X