X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: tips for new drivers

Originally posted by F_R View Post
    shut up :shock: really? you chose the wrong insurance company i think

Bruv. I swear u pay the same amount as me? Yeah I've tried everything 3.5k was like the lowest

Originally posted by zi-zizou View Post
    That's insane.

I I checked all the companies and I'm not even joking 3.5 k or over was what they were quoting me wallahi:(
    إقراء القران فإنه يأتي يوم القيامة شفيعا لأصحابه

Comment

Originally posted by iRepIslam View Post
      Bruv. I swear u pay the same amount as me? Yeah I've tried everything 3.5k was like the lowest

I I checked all the companies and I'm not even joking 3.5 k or over was what they were quoting me wallahi:(
      You need a 1.0l or 1.2l engine, which would give you an insurance group in the low single figures...but how many years you have held a licence and where you live and of course how much ncd you have will play a big part.

Comment

• tips for new drivers

[MENTION=104157]zi-zizou[/MENTION]

Oh is it? Okay I only know that my engine size is 1.3l.. And maybe it's high coz I've only had my license for half a year, also no added drivers.
        إقراء القران فإنه يأتي يوم القيامة شفيعا لأصحابه

Comment

mine's just under 2k and it wouldve been a bit cheaper had i been patient.

لا تفكر كثيرا
          بل استغفر كثيرا

-------------------------------------------------------
          The children need your prayers more than anyone else
          www.inheritorsofquran.wordpress.com

Comment

@zi-zizou

Oh is it? Okay I only know that my engine size is 1.3l.. And maybe it's high coz I've only had my license for half a year, also no added drivers.
            Corsa's are usually good for insurance, as is something like VW Up! and the Seat and Skoda versions of the same car and fiesta's also come in 1.25l. Im sure there are others...but you probably live in an area which has a lot of claims which won't help.

Comment

So annoyed, uff, astaghfurulah, but i don't like listening to lbc coz they chat crap and i sometimes listen to talksport but other than that i have this one quraan/dua cd which is okay but i want to listen to other stuff too and other surahs. I mean this one cd is okay coz it's mainly surah yasin which i just listen to but i vant moreeeeeeeeeee.

I bought a cheap mp3/cd player to stick my mp3 in but it don't look successful.

I wanna burn some cds but can't find the cd thingy which is annoying me.

And lastnight i went out to pick mum up and i was on the speed limit right coz like i am not allowed to go past the limit (don't want fines) and this woman was driving behind me and kept putting the full light on me. i ignored it coz i was like 'if u wanna overtake then just dooo itttttttt' but she didn't (she looked european haha). she kept doing it, an i thought to myself 'is something hanging at the back of the car' coz the car felt a bit heavy but my legs were numb-ish coz of the cold. She did it a few times.

I told mum later on and she said to not take notice of those behind you. An i thought to myself 'omg! what if it was one of those games these new europeans are playing to get people to pull over so they can rob them or something'.

Anyway so yea, i have nothing attracting me too much to drive outside of when is necessary coz like i don't like driving in silence and not making use of it and there's only so much radio u can listen to.

Need to find that cd thingy thing

لا تفكر كثيرا
              بل استغفر كثيرا

Comment

Awwww sis , i hate driving too
                Okay :)

Comment

So annoyed, uff, astaghfurulah, but i don't like listening to lbc coz they chat crap and i sometimes listen to talksport but other than that i have this one quraan/dua cd which is okay but i want to listen to other stuff too and other surahs. I mean this one cd is okay coz it's mainly surah yasin which i just listen to but i vant moreeeeeeeeeee.

I bought a cheap mp3/cd player to stick my mp3 in but it don't look successful.

I wanna burn some cds but can't find the cd thingy which is annoying me.

And lastnight i went out to pick mum up and i was on the speed limit right coz like i am not allowed to go past the limit (don't want fines) and this woman was driving behind me and kept putting the full light on me. i ignored it coz i was like 'if u wanna overtake then just dooo itttttttt' but she didn't (she looked european haha). she kept doing it, an i thought to myself 'is something hanging at the back of the car' coz the car felt a bit heavy but my legs were numb-ish coz of the cold. She did it a few times.

I told mum later on and she said to not take notice of those behind you. An i thought to myself 'omg! what if it was one of those games these new europeans are playing to get people to pull over so they can rob them or something'.

Anyway so yea, i have nothing attracting me too much to drive outside of when is necessary coz like i don't like driving in silence and not making use of it and there's only so much radio u can listen to.

Need to find that cd thingy thing
                  Why don't you just link your phone to you car and just play stuff off you phone.

You can even play Quran and lectures of YouTube.

Different ways to connect but can be wireless or wired through an aux cable.

Comment

Tip for a sister wanting to driver. Get a plate, sit next to mum on the sofa, make car noises with the plate as a steering wheel.
                    Believe none of what you hear, and only half of what you see.

Comment

Originally posted by Khalid b. Walid View Post
                      Why don't you just link your phone to you car and just play stuff off you phone.

You can even play Quran and lectures of YouTube.

Different ways to connect but can be wireless or wired through an aux cable.
                      I did that but it messed up my phone so never again. An my mp3 dont work in there either. I will try with the sd card separately

لا تفكر كثيرا
                      بل استغفر كثيرا

Comment

• I GOT MY FIRSTTTT EVERRRRR PARKING TICKETTTTT TODAY!!! and i am quite happy about it (it wasn't intentional obv but there is a first for everything and it was qadr and my stupidity)

Today is a day in history

لا تفكر كثيرا
                        بل استغفر كثيرا

Comment

Here's an update.

I drive like a G and I mean it. I sit back with one hand on the steering haha okay well safe to say I'm not a stiff driver anymore and I've chilled out.

Parallel/reverse parking is the best. There's no need to be scared of it and the more we practice the more we perfect it. Forget the stereotypes.

Erm...that's about it. So alhamdulilah it's all good now :)

Oh and because a car is a car and a bit of metal and can be dangerous if we think about it, please dont drive without wudhu as much as possible. Anything could happen ya know so I do my best to always have wudhu before driving. Duas n that are standard.

لا تفكر كثيرا
                          بل استغفر كثيرا

Comment

Good to know. Alhamdulillah.

Feared this 'update' might be less than positive, for some reason (encounter with gruff white van driver, scraping a parked car, road rage, etc, etc). Alhamdulillah.
                            LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH
                            -------------------------------
                            "And if you would count the graces of God, never could you be able to count them. Truly, God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful." (Qur'aan 16:18)
                            NOTE: Please kindly do NOT rep my posts. (Jazaa'akumullah).

Comment

Originally posted by Fakhri View Post
                              Good to know. Alhamdulillah.

Feared this 'update' might be less than positive, for some reason (encounter with gruff white van driver, scraping a parked car, road rage, etc, etc). Alhamdulillah.
                              Funnily enough I've had all 3 encounters lol.

- white gruff van man tried to go ahead of me at roundabout when I was in the right and he sure got what came to him
                              - accidentally scraped a park car and I left a note on his windshield lol coz he was muslim and he forgave me
                              - road rage has reduced alhamdulilah

Btw you can do good deeds as a driver. You know how on public transport you get off your seat for someone etc well you can give people way and let them go ahead etc. So we not missing out on any goodness.

لا تفكر كثيرا
                              بل استغفر كثيرا

Comment

Funnily enough I've had all 3 encounters lol.

- white gruff van man tried to go ahead of me at roundabout when I was in the right and he sure got what came to him
                                - accidentally scraped a park car and I left a note on his windshield lol coz he was muslim and he forgave me
                                - road rage has reduced alhamdulilah

Btw you can do good deeds as a driver. You know how on public transport you get off your seat for someone etc well you can give people way and let them go ahead etc. So we not missing out on any goodness.
                                No surprise then car insurance is high for new drivers!

Comment

Working...
                                X