Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: A good profession for a muslim girl

Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post
    Choose something you enjoy, it seems like you don't like science, lol I like labs B-)

Do they have taster sessions? to give you an idea of what its like. Can you take a gap year by going into work just to give you some experience and time on what you really want?

Law can be good, but it is SO depressing in my opinion.

Make isthikaara to help you with a decision

Do you study something connected to lab work? Maybe I can learn to love it somehow ? I talked with my parents and they are against me changing anything, especially changing it to law.

Comment

Originally posted by aynina View Post
      :jkk:
      The only German word I know :)

To the OP,
      I am a Chemist who works for a German Chemical Company. I can tell you there are lot of options "outside of the lab" for scientist. The lab is the easiest path but it is not the only path.
      • If you like writing, you can combine your biochem degree to become technical writer. If you like paper work, environmental safety requires lot of paper work & no lab time.
      • If you like law, you can combine your biochem degree to become Patent lawyer
      • If you like business, you can combine it to become biochem sales or marketing or million other business job that biochemical companies need. I am not big fan of business because it is hard to keep "halal" for women due to lots of meeting and traveling. But there are jobs in business world that can fit in our Islamic law, it is just harder. You can become a product manager or supply chain planner in a biochem company where your biochem background will help you understand products but you will need a business background for those. If you are up for MBA or even a minor in Business (not sure if you have minor in Germany).

You should look at the jobs you want and then see if it conflicts with Islamic value. You are starting the other direction and that seems limiting

Comment

Originally posted by Sami.a View Post
        Do you study something connected to lab work? Maybe I can learn to love it somehow ? I talked with my parents and they are against me changing anything, especially changing it to law.
        Biochem Patent Lawyer

Comment

Originally posted by Kya View Post
          The only German word I know :)

To the OP,
          I am a Chemist who works for a German Chemical Company. I can tell you there are lot of options "outside of the lab" for scientist. The lab is the easiest path but it is not the only path.
          • If you like writing, you can combine your biochem degree to become technical writer. If you like paper work, environmental safety requires lot of paper work & no lab time.
          • If you like law, you can combine your biochem degree to become Patent lawyer
          • If you like business, you can combine it to become biochem sales or marketing or million other business job that biochemical companies need. I am not big fan of business because it is hard to keep "halal" for women due to lots of meeting and traveling. But there are jobs in business world that can fit in our Islamic law, it is just harder. You can become a product manager or supply chain planner in a biochem company where your biochem background will help you understand products but you will need a business background for those. If you are up for MBA or even a minor in Business (not sure if you have minor in Germany).[/B]

You should look at the jobs you want and then see if it conflicts with Islamic value. You are starting the other direction and that seems limiting
          That sounds really interesting :) Thank you sister. I think you have to study it after your master , right? Because, in Germany you can not do anything with just a bachelor degree. Sorry for asking but where have you studied?

Comment

If you're a native Arabic speaker, be an arabic/quran teacher for children or women (That's the best I could think of).

Comment

Motherhood

Comment

Originally posted by Sami.a View Post
                That sounds really interesting :) Thank you sister. I think you have to study it after your master , right? Because, in Germany you can not do anything with just a bachelor degree. Sorry for asking but where have you studied?
                I am in USA. I am not too familiar with German education. Most colleagues I deal with in Germany have PhD but I believe their technician are all bachelor holder? I would suggest talking to your career development facility about this option. As far as I know, in Germany it is easier for scientist to move to business world without a formal education. In USA its bit more difficult to make that transition, from my experience most people get their BS in science & then Masters in Business. Not sure if I was helpful. I know the education system is different but the industry world and positions are similar

Comment

Originally posted by Khan8 View Post
                  Motherhood
                  That is not a profession. That is a relationship. Its like saying "I am a daughter and that's my profession".

Comment

Working...
                  X