A good profession for a muslim girl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: A good profession for a muslim girl

To protect and defend muslims who get accused wrongly of many things due to islamophobia
    'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

Originally posted by A.Basheer View Post
      But some jobs are less mixed than others. Like if you had your own doctor's office for example. Or if you were a teacher at an Islamic school.

Honestly, your parents should just lay off. A lot of the time, parents don't care about the religion, or they put it second to their own personal goals and desires for their children. They should just lay off and let you do what is best for you, not for them.

Just rely on Allah and do what is best for your deen. You shouldn't sacrifice your religion if it means earning a living. Allah won't question you about why you didn't provide for your parents, because that is not your job... that is a man's job. Allah will question you about your deen and your prayers and your hijaab, etc.
      You are right but arent we obligated to take care of our parents? They dont have a son. I cant just say its not my job and leave them on their own. My mother and my father had my best interest in their mind and they dont put religion second to anything. Thats why they wanted me to study sciences. The only problem is I dont like lab work. if I liked it I wouldnt want to change my course. I just wanted to find a profession that me and my parents will be both happy with. My parents want me to find something with which I can work in any country.

Comment

Originally posted by Sami.a View Post
        I dont really think its a good job because I need then to study islamic teachings too to be able to advise a woman on any matter. It sounds similar to psychology.
        You don't rally have to study Islamic teaching. However, as Muslims, we should all be studying Islam anyways, because its our deen.
        Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
        - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

You are right but arent we obligated to take care of our parents? They dont have a son. I cant just say its not my job and leave them on their own. My mother and my father had my best interest in their mind and they dont put religion second to anything. Thats why they wanted me to study sciences. The only problem is I dont like lab work. if I liked it I wouldnt want to change my course. I just wanted to find a profession that me and my parents will be both happy with. My parents want me to find something with which I can work in any country.
          Yea, but a lot of parents are like this. They always put the religion second and their desires and goals first... even of they are counted as religious and they pray, etc.

My point is do that which benefits you and your religion... there are options. Don't restrict yourself. May Allah make it easy.

Comment

Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post
            if you want to go into law, I'd advice you to study the shariah law to defend it and muslim women need solicitors that can advice them on their Islamic rights as well, and if possible have your own firm.
            I was thinking about studying law because I think it can be beneficial for muslims. But how can I study shariah law ?

Comment

Originally posted by A.Basheer View Post
              Yea, but a lot of parents are like this. They always put the religion second and their desires and goals first... even of they are counted as religious and they pray, etc.

My point is do that which benefits you and your religion... there are options. Don't restrict yourself. May Allah make it easy.
              Thank you for your help.

Comment

I was thinking about studying law because I think it can be beneficial for muslims. But how can I study shariah law ?
                You can study online through theislamicuniversity.com, i'm not sure what Germany has to offer, but it would have to be hand in hand with the laws over there which you would have to study anyway.

I would say check the nearest universities and see what modules they offer
                'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

Comment

An artisan baker.

Who can bake with homegrown yeast.

And doesn't add ready-made ingredients/preservatives.

Twould melt my heart...!
                  وَإِذَا قِيلَ لَهُمۡ ءَامِنُواْ كَمَآ ءَامَنَ ٱلنَّاسُ قَالُوٓاْ أَنُؤۡمِنُ كَمَآ ءَامَنَ ٱلسُّفَهَآءُ*ۗ أَلَآ إِنَّهُمۡ هُمُ ٱلسُّفَهَآءُ وَلَـٰكِن لَّا يَعۡلَمُونَ

And when it is said unto them: believe as the people believe, they say: Shall we believe as the foolish believe? Beware! They indeed are the foolish? But they know not.
                  Al Baqarah : Verse 13

Comment

You can study online through theislamicuniversity.com, i'm not sure what Germany has to offer, but it would have to be hand in hand with the laws over there which you would have to study anyway.

I would say check the nearest universities and see what modules they offer
                    Thank you. The modules are european law history and then laws in different fields . I am thinking between teaching and law. But I cant decide. I think a teaching job might be better.

And what is a reputation notification ?

Comment

Thank you. The modules are european law history and then laws in different fields . I am thinking between teaching and law. But I cant decide. I think a teaching job might be better.

And what is a reputation notification ?
                      That's when another member reps you for liking your post or to give you a message.

Doesn't sound interesting to me, don't they have any that are more to do with 'rights' such as human rights, that's the closest you can get to defend muslims.

Comment

That's when another member reps you for liking your post or to give you a message.

Doesn't sound interesting to me, don't they have any that are more to do with 'rights' such as human rights, that's the closest you can get to defend muslims.
                        They have international law. I think this is human rights. And they also have comparative law

Comment

They have international law. I think this is human rights. And they also have comparative law
                          Sounds alright, it is really competitive though. Do they offer employment law? things that include discrimination at work etc, sorry I have no idea what their equality rights are over there. Should be similar to the UK though.

So are you more interested in teaching?

Comment

Sounds alright, it is really competitive though. Do they offer employment law? things that include discrimination at work etc, sorry I have no idea what their equality rights are over there. Should be similar to the UK though.

So are you more interested in teaching?
                            Well, I cant make a decision. I was thinking about teaching biology and some additional subject but I looked it up and this, too, includes lab work, not as much as my current course though. So, now I am confused again and dont know what to choose. And I dont want to go into social work.

Comment

Well, I cant make a decision. I was thinking about teaching biology and some additional subject but I looked it up and this, too, includes lab work, not as much as my current course though. So, now I am confused again and dont know what to choose. And I dont want to go into social work.
                              Choose something you enjoy, it seems like you don't like science, lol I like labs B-)

Do they have taster sessions? to give you an idea of what its like. Can you take a gap year by going into work just to give you some experience and time on what you really want?

Law can be good, but it is SO depressing in my opinion.

Make isthikaara to help you with a decision

Comment

I know many women working in the health and social care sector from my family, especially as nurses, midwives and doctors so that's good. Teaching is also popular.

Comment

Working...
                                X