• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: A good profession for a muslim girl

Originally posted by .mirror. View Post
    :wswrwb:

Teaching sounds good. You can even study counseling :insha:
    Thank you for the answer

What exactly do you mean with counselling?

Comment

teacher

Comment

Originally posted by Sami.a View Post
        Salam Aleykum

Sorry to bother you all. But I am in need of a good advice. I am currently studying biochemistry.I followed the advice of my parents and now I regret enrolling in this course because I hate working in a laboratory, I dont have one single subject that I like right now. I have talked several times with my mother about this and she says I have no other option than to study biochemistry because there are no other good courses for a girl. My father ,too, is strictly against me quitting biochemistry. I would like to change my courses but I cant make a decision because since when I was young I have been told the only thing in this world I can do is science where I can earn good money because Ill have to take care of myself.as I have no brothers. Either way, I am really unhappy right now and my grades are suffering. I searched for other good professions. I could study law but I dont think its halal. Then I thought about teaching or management. But I am unsure what I could study other than that I hate sciences and I am afraid of making a bad decision.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english. I am from Germany
        I believe teaching is a good career for muslim women. You can even teach in all girls schools, which is a bonus. I know many muslimahs who do so and they have no issues whatsoever.

I don't recommend you to study something you dislike. If you hate it now, then you'll only grow to hate it more in the future. You need to speak to your parents and explain how your career choice is not only challending and hard but not suitable for a muslim women.

Comment

And can someone with knowledge say if it is permissible to study law if I do not believe in the correctness of laws that contradict Islamic law, dont defend a person who is guilty and dont get involved in haram cases?

Comment

Thank you for the answer

What exactly do you mean with counselling?
            Counseling women, esp. women who have been abused, divorcees, who are going through difficulties, etc.
            Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
            - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

And can someone with knowledge say if it is permissible to study law if I do not believe in the correctness of laws that contradict Islamic law, dont defend a person who is guilty and dont get involved in haram cases?
              I would advise you against it. It's not worth it, unless you get a really good job, which is hard to get. Plus, you end up with a ton of loan to pay off.
              Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."

Comment

Thank you for your advice.

As the eldest daughter with no brother I will have to take care of my parents in the future. And you never know what happens in the future. What if you divorce or as you said the husband dies? Who will provide for a girl financially? And I didnt know it was forbidden to study or work for a girl in Islam.
                Well, Allah knows what will happen in the future. And He is our provider. We rely on Him for sustenance, not our jobs or our abilities.

Of course it's not forbidden for a girl to study or work in Islam... but when the workplace is mixed, is that allowed? You should choose a profession where you can benefit the Muslims. Many Muslim women in the West need a Muslimah doctor to go to instead of a male doctor. Or they need Muslimah teachers.

Comment

I would advise you against it. It's not worth it, unless you get a really good job, which is hard to get. Plus, you end up with a ton of loan to pay off.
                  There is no problem with loans in Germany. We dont have tuition fees.

Comment

I haven't read the whole thread (as usual lol)
                    But the list is long. Do what you like not what other people want you to do. You will be the one actually 'doing the job'..

Comment

Counseling women, esp. women who have been abused, divorcees, who are going through difficulties, etc.
                      Ahh. That sounds good. But shouldnt they turn to a sheikh if they are struggling. How I can advise them in a correct way?

Comment

Ahh. That sounds good. But shouldnt they turn to a sheikh if they are struggling. How I can advise them in a correct way?
                        Women need women. Yes, they can turn to a shaykh, but a woman is more likely to understand a woman and her struggles.

Comment

Originally posted by A.Basheer View Post
                          Well, Allah knows what will happen in the future. And He is our provider. We rely on Him for sustenance, not our jobs or our abilities.

Of course it's not forbidden for a girl to study or work in Islam... but when the workplace is mixed, is that allowed? You should choose a profession where you can benefit the Muslims. Many Muslim women in the West need a Muslimah doctor to go to instead of a male doctor. Or they need Muslimah teachers.
                          Thank you for your help. I am thinking about the teaching job but my parents dont approve of it. If I liked the medical profession I would have really become a doctor but I just cant force myself. I tried it with biochemistry.

Regarding the mixed workplace but in Germany everything is mixed either way. I can only avoid it if I stay at home.

Comment

Thank you for your help. I am thinking about the teaching job but my parents dont approve of it. If I liked the medical profession I would have really become a doctor but I just cant force myself. I tried it with biochemistry.

Regarding the mixed workplace but in Germany everything is mixed either way. I can only avoid it if I stay at home.
                            But some jobs are less mixed than others. Like if you had your own doctor's office for example. Or if you were a teacher at an Islamic school.

Honestly, your parents should just lay off. A lot of the time, parents don't care about the religion, or they put it second to their own personal goals and desires for their children. They should just lay off and let you do what is best for you, not for them.

Just rely on Allah and do what is best for your deen. You shouldn't sacrifice your religion if it means earning a living. Allah won't question you about why you didn't provide for your parents, because that is not your job... that is a man's job. Allah will question you about your deen and your prayers and your hijaab, etc.

Comment

Women need women. Yes, they can turn to a shaykh, but a woman is more likely to understand a woman and her struggles.
                              I dont really think its a good job because I need then to study islamic teachings too to be able to advise a woman on any matter. It sounds similar to psychology.

Comment

I dont really think its a good job because I need then to study islamic teachings too to be able to advise a woman on any matter. It sounds similar to psychology.
                                if you want to go into law, I'd advice you to study the shariah law to defend it and muslim women need solicitors that can advice them on their Islamic rights as well, and if possible have your own firm.
                                'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

Working...
                                X