Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A good profession for a muslim girl

Salam Aleykum

Sorry to bother you all. But I am in need of a good advice. I am currently studying biochemistry.I followed the advice of my parents and now I regret enrolling in this course because I hate working in a laboratory, I dont have one single subject that I like right now. I have talked several times with my mother about this and she says I have no other option than to study biochemistry because there are no other good courses for a girl. My father ,too, is strictly against me quitting biochemistry. I would like to change my courses but I cant make a decision because since when I was young I have been told the only thing in this world I can do is science where I can earn good money because Ill have to take care of myself.as I have no brothers. Either way, I am really unhappy right now and my grades are suffering. I searched for other good professions. I could study law but I dont think its halal. Then I thought about teaching or management. But I am unsure what I could study other than that I hate sciences and I am afraid of making a bad decision.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english. I am from Germany
    Last edited by Sami.a; 14-02-16, 03:22 PM.

Re: A good profession for a muslim girl

Originally posted by Sami.a View Post
    Salam Aleykum

Sorry to bother you all. But I am in need of a good advice. I am currently studying biochemistry.I followed the advice of my parents and now I regret enrolling in this course because I hate working in a laboratory, I dont have one single subject that I like right now. I have talked several times with my mother about this and she says I have no other option than to study biochemistry because there are no other good courses for a girl. My father ,too, is strictly against me quitting biochemistry. I would like to change my courses but I cant make a decision because since when I was young I have been told the only thing in this world I can do is science where I can earn good money because Ill have to take care of myself.as I have no brothers. Either way, I am really unhappy right now and my grades are suffering. I serached for other good professions. I could study law but I dont think its halal. Then I thought about teaching or management. But I am unsure what I could study other than that I hate sciences and I am afraid of making a bad decision.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english. I am from Germany
    :wswrwb:

Just because you study biochem does not mean you have to enter that specific field. Having a good level of education could open other opportunities for you. You need to just spend time in looking at what you enjoy or might want to do in the future. It's really for you to decide. Lots of people study subjects which they don't really enjoy. It's the minority that find something that really fits.

You may also end up getting married and are perfectly satisfied with being a wife and mother.

Btw, nothing wrong with your english or the fact that you are from Germany.

Comment

Originally posted by zi-zizou View Post
      :wswrwb:

Just because you study biochem does not mean you have to enter that specific field. Having a good level of education could open other opportunities for you. You need to just spend time in looking at what you enjoy or might want to do in the future. It's really for you to decide. Lots of people study subjects which they don't really enjoy. It's the minority that find something that really fits.

You may also end up getting married and are perfectly satisfied with being a wife and mother.

Btw, nothing wrong with your english or the fact that you are from Germany.
      Thank you for replying. So, you would advise to continue studying biochemistry than starting all over again? Im in my 4th semester now. I know Its up to me but I am afraid of making the wrong decision or choosing something which is haram.

Comment

inb4housewife

Comment

A good profession for a muslim girl

Hausfrau.
          You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

You follow your scholar's qiyās, and I will follow the Qur'ān and Sunnah.

Comment

Originally posted by Linkdeutscher View Post
            Hausfrau.
            Ja aber was wenn sie kein ehemann hat denn
            يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

A good profession for a muslim girl

السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته

How do you feel about doing a teaching degree after your degree.. That's if you don't mind teaching bio/chem ?
              إقراء القران فإنه يأتي يوم القيامة شفيعا لأصحابه

Comment

Originally posted by aynina View Post
                Hausfrau.
                Ja aber was wenn sie kein ehemann hat denn
                'Nen Ehemann suchen.
                You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

Comment

'Nen Ehemann suchen.
                  Haha du hat recht
                  يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

Originally posted by aynina View Post
                    'Nen Ehemann suchen.
                    Haha du hat recht
                    *hast

Comment

Hausfrau.

Comment

*hast
                        Gott ich bin auch kein richtig Deutscher

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

[MENTION=71631]iRepIslam[/MENTION]

I thought about teaching biology. I dont really like chemistry. But I am not sure about this. One of the problems with biochemistry is that u need really high qualifications to get a good job. With bachelor e.g. I wont get any job. So I need really to invest a lot of time and effort and I am not sure a muslim woman can do this when she is married and has children.
                          Last edited by Sami.a; 14-02-16, 04:16 PM.

Comment

[MENTION=136882]Sami.a[/MENTION]
                            Kennst du jemand von northeim westfalen, ich brauche hilfe dort

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

Originally posted by Abu 'Abdullaah View Post
                              inb4housewife
                              What if a man doesnt earn enough money to maintain a family? Isnt it good when a woman can earn money too to help her husband and the family?

Comment

Working...
                              X